Hill-Murray additions

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

If Jake Brown is staying at Hill then Why is he doing the High School summer program at Stillwater?
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:A player is leaving Cent & coming to Hill? I thought all that "homegrown" talent always remains at home in Lino Lakes? Well, that program is so deep & strong that missing a player or two won't stop them. Jake's parents graduated from Hill & his dad actually played for the Pioneers...not sure what took him so long. If true, it will be nice to see the folks on a regular basis. If not, wish the Larsen family well....good people.
Although Ken didn't do much of anything in his only season on varsity as a senior in the 1980-81 season.
Last edited by wbmd on Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

He left for stillwater and Brad Wholers the JV goalie last year left for Mahtomedi.
Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

wbmd wrote:
Pioneerprideguy wrote:A player is leaving Cent & coming to Hill? I thought all that "homegrown" talent always remains at home in Lino Lakes? Well, that program is so deep & strong that missing a player or two won't stop them. Jake's parents graduated from Hill & his dad actually played for the Pioneers...not sure what took him so long. If true, it will be nice to see the folks on a regular basis. If not, wish the Larsen family well....good people.
Although Ken didn't do much of anything in his only season on varsity as a senior in the 1980-81 season.

Wrong Brown, His Dad went to Harding and his name is Bill.
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Pucknutz69 wrote:
wbmd wrote:

Wrong Brown, His Dad went to Harding and his name is Bill.
It's not Brown that was being discussed. It was Ken Larsen's kid Jake who is currently at Centennial.
Charliedog

Post by Charliedog »

More than one kid has said that Jake Brown is 100% going to Stillwater because he was "promised" a spot on Varsity.

The kid from Moundsview is Derek Mccallum's little brother and he will be a 9th grader. Sova's and Jordan Johnson's little brothers are also out there.

There are a ton of really small, but really good skaters at the STP camp. Even though they are really talented, I would have them play out their last year of bantams so they could get some height and weight on them or they will get massacred on the ice. I know this argument goes both ways, but being fast doesn't keep you from being crushed in the corners by someone 8 inches taller and 75 lbs heavier.
Hockeyguy_27

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

Good for Hill. I've always thought Lechner was a classy guy and a good coach. The Larsen boy from Centennial will be a nice addition if he is really enrolled.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

Joe Phillippi's brother will be at H-M next year also
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

minnesotahockeystar15 wrote:Cenntenial kid is Jake Larsen, I think. And the WBL kid is Jeff Turner. But Who is the Kid from Moundsview?
turner went to hill in 9th grade, he played for the WBL program last year though.

and jake brown leaving raises everyones IQ at hill. good riddance.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Dazed&Confused

Thats Harsh

Post by Dazed&Confused »

Wow! What a slam! :lol:
Hockeyguy_27

Re: Thats Harsh

Post by Hockeyguy_27 »

Dazed&Confused wrote:Wow! What a slam! :lol:
Larsen is staying put at Centennial. I was told this by someone who knows the family very well.
stpaul

Jake Larsen

Post by stpaul »

If so - good. Transferring for senior year is a bad idea. I can't think of a senior transferring that has ever been a good thing for the player or the team. Maybe Pepper Skytte going to STA from HM in 05/06. He was a regular at STA & they won the State A title. He would have been a 3rd or 4th liner at HM. There have been a few that came to HM over the past 10 yrs. that did not work out. Most notably Josh Carlson from Woodbury in 04/05. He was Woodbury's leading scorer as a junior. He was a bust at HM and quit halfway thru the season. Adding senior transfers really pisses off JV kids and their parents who thought they had a chance to make it after working their tails off.
High Flyer

Hill 2007-08 line up predictions????

Post by High Flyer »

So Hill Summer Camp comes to an end, any knowledgeable insiders brave enough to make a prediction on this years line up? Include those "3 bubble forwards and 2 defensemen" that will probably the JV top liners.
Charliedog

Post by Charliedog »

Lou Controneau's grandson will make the varsity team this year as a 9th grade defenseman.
pipes3030

Post by pipes3030 »

who's going to back up phillipi this year?
H-M 4 Life

Post by H-M 4 Life »

Kirk Mcginley will back phillipi.

Then I think the lines will go
Furn-Singerhouse-Checka
Zepeda-Widing-Kohls
Westerhaus-Prescott-Metcalf

3 people on the bubble are French, Jeff Sontagg, Jack Walsh

Defense
Sova-Dolan
Stadler-Johnson
Bruchu- Kelly

2 people on the bubble are Nick Pryor, if he comes back he will be on varsity, and Craig Meier
gmoola89

Post by gmoola89 »

Larsen of Centennial was not even thinking of going to Hill next year. I don't know how that came up. Jake was captain as a juinior for Centennial and obviously will be as a senior. And I don't know of any Centennial kids that were thinking about going to Hill? :?
WendyClark

Post by WendyClark »

H-M 4 Life wrote:Kirk Mcginley will back phillipi.

Then I think the lines will go
Furn-Singerhouse-Checka
Zepeda-Widing-Kohls
Westerhaus-Prescott-Metcalf

3 people on the bubble are French, Jeff Sontagg, Jack Walsh

Defense
Sova-Dolan
Stadler-Johnson
Bruchu- Kelly

2 people on the bubble are Nick Pryor, if he comes back he will be on varsity, and Craig Meier
and they will still lose to Roch Century
WendyClark

Post by WendyClark »

And section 1 will be tough, they proved it!
ccm911

Post by ccm911 »

Pryor is most likley coming back. he changed residence so he wont have to sit out.

Here is the prediction for team and lines next year at least to start out.

cecka furne Singerhouse

widing Westerhaus kohls

cascalenda prescott Zepeda

French Metcalf Walsh

Sova Pryor

Dolan J.J

Stadler casto/bruche

And they will stop rochester as long as rochester can make it out of there TOUGH section..........
Pucknutz69

Post by Pucknutz69 »

ccm911 wrote:Pryor is most likley coming back. he changed residence so he wont have to sit out.

Here is the prediction for team and lines next year at least to start out.

cecka furne Singerhouse

widing Westerhaus kohls

cascalenda prescott Zepeda

French Metcalf Walsh

Sova Pryor

Dolan J.J

Stadler casto/bruche

And they will stop rochester as long as rochester can make it out of there TOUGH section..........

Kelly will beat these 2 out. Casto and Brucha will season in JV for next year.
rbkhockey

Post by rbkhockey »

if you guys are doing the lines in order there is no way zepeda will be on the 2nd or 3rd line. for sure on 1st.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

rbkhockey wrote:if you guys are doing the lines in order there is no way zepeda will be on the 2nd or 3rd line. for sure on 1st.
IMHO, Zepeda should not be on the first line. Not a knock on Zepeda at all, its that his speed alone will cause any team problems defensively. I'd rather he attacked the opposing teams second line defense. But I'll let Lech pick his own lines without second guessing him.
hcky09

Post by hcky09 »

No way Zepeda plays 3rd line how about this for a prediction

Furne( center) Zepeda ( right) Checka or Widing (left )
SIngerhouse (center) Kohls (right) Chrcka or Widing (left)

Westerhouse Prescott & Metcalf

Sova & Prior

Dolan & Johnson

Kelly Bruche
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

Neutron 14 wrote:
rbkhockey wrote:if you guys are doing the lines in order there is no way zepeda will be on the 2nd or 3rd line. for sure on 1st.
IMHO, Zepeda should not be on the first line. Not a knock on Zepeda at all, its that his speed alone will cause any team problems defensively. I'd rather he attacked the opposing teams second line defense. But I'll let Lech pick his own lines without second guessing him.
Does Zepeda ever come back in the defensive zone? Best diver since Greg Logannis as well. The kid has the boots though.