I changed my mind<br><br>Marshall 12 Waseca 1 <p></p><i></i>
mnhky

Re: MARSHALL VS. WASECA PREDICTIONS

Post by mnhky »

what makes you think marshall is that much better than waseca <p></p><i></i>
shootout

"think"

Post by shootout »

"Think" is the key word in your post, mnhky.<br>There is no thinking involved - this is just someone trying to stir things up - everyone knows this will be a hard-fought game.<br>These 2 teams are very even <p></p><i></i>
BigBubba004

Waseca @ Marshall

Post by BigBubba004 »

Nothing against Marshall, but East had a much tougher time coming back against Waseca. That's all I'm basing <br>my prediction on.Despite the home ice I believe Waseca has enough of an edge in talent to get by Marshall. It should be a great game though, 1 or 2 goal margin. <p></p><i></i>
SWHockeyGuy

Marshall and Waseca

Post by SWHockeyGuy »

Marshall lost 4 players to rules violations this past weekend. All 4 are from their top two lines. If Waseca loses they should kick themselves very hard. <p></p><i></i>
BigBubba004

Re: Marshall and Waseca

Post by BigBubba004 »

Looks like one of the suspensions wasn't Maki, 2-0 Marshall (final). Congratulations to Marshall. Missing 4 of their top players and still won, quite an effort. <p></p><i></i>
BigDawg

Marshall and Waseca

Post by BigDawg »

Waseca came out in the first five minutes and looked like they were the better team. After that, Marshall took command and Waseca was never in the game. Marshall 2 - Waseca 0.<br>Bubba - If Waseca has better talent, they left it at home, because Marshall's speed and talent was far supperior tonight. And tonight is all that matters because this is the playoffs. <p></p><i></i>
BigBubba004

Post by BigBubba004 »

Believe me when I say I'm a BIG Marshall fan right now.Go orange and black! <p></p><i></i>
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

Correction on the number of players ineligable for Marshall is 3. One of those players was involed but not guilty of doing anything and he did play tonight. Missing 3 players didn't seem to bother them as a couple of younger players really stepped up and did a GREAT job and one of those players even netted a goal. Defense was great giving up very few scoring chances. Shots I think about 30-15 in Marshall's favor. <p></p><i></i>
OgieOgelthorpe06

Post by OgieOgelthorpe06 »

All I know is Marshall can't come out slow again in the 1st like they did tonight or AL will be up 3-0 before they know what hit em. <p></p><i></i>
SWHockeyGuy

Marshall and Waseca

Post by SWHockeyGuy »

Sorry PowerPlay, being a coach from another community all I get is rumours.<br><br>I came to the game just to see how Marshall would handle the controversy. They did a fantastic job. They did start out slow but changed that at about the 10 minute mark of the first. The young players meshed right into their positions. Maki, Marshalls goalie had his best game of the year...that I had seen anyway.<br><br>Great Job Marshall and good luck in the next round! <p></p><i></i>
OgieOgelthorpe06

Can anyone shed come light onto why these guys got kicked off the team...boozin/grades? Also, were they big contributors to the team and were they D-men in light of their lack luster play in the beginning of the 1st? I only ask because if they were seniors that's huge...and from what I here Marshall did play hard with a relatively young team...gotta be good for their future. <p></p><i></i>
SWHockeyGuy

marshall and waseca

Post by SWHockeyGuy »

Not sure why. I have heard rumors but that would not be fair to them or the school to spread anything false. All three were, I believe, first two line players...two of them for sure. All three were underclassmen (juniors or younger).<br><br>As to the future, yes, it is very bright. Not only did the young players step it up last night but they have a couple of great bantam players that will have an huge impact on the team next year. <p></p><i></i>
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

Marshall made a northern trip the last week of the season playing Virginia and Eveleth and 3 players disobeyed Minnesota State High School rules and were sent home and that's all i will say. All 3 that were caught were juniors and the 4th was a senior but could come back because actually did not violate any rules. 2 of them were forwards on the top 2 lines and the 3rd was about there 5-6th defensemen. I wouldn't say Maki had his best game of the year stopping 14 shots but he did what he had to do getting a shutout in the playoffs and that's great. If Marshall plays defense the way they have been lately the Marshall/AL could be closer than people think. They don't have much offensive power which could hold them back. There leading scorer is a junior defensemen.<br>Also a nice stat is that Marshall only let up 9 shots in the last 46 minutes of the game yesterday against Waseca. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... play009</A> at: 2/18/05 4:48 pm<br></i>
OgieOgelthorpe06

Thanks for the info guys...I can totally understand the "hush hush" aspect of the program. No one needs their laundry aired out in public. It's too bad for the violation cause if they played on the top two lines they must have been pretty good players...which could only help against AL. I didn't realize that Marshall's top scorer was a D-man...it must be that #9 (name??) but I think I saw him play a couple summers ago on a select team. Did he take over the scoring lead for one of the guys who was booted? <p></p><i></i>
powerplay009

Post by powerplay009 »

#9 is Cory Krogen, has played Select's and Elite II. One of the players ineligible was actually right there as one of the top scorers on the team. He did not take the scoring lead from that player that is now ineligible, he has been up there all year as one of the top scorers on the team. <p></p><i></i>