JGA REGIONAL SCORES POST HERE

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

GingerKid69

Post by GingerKid69 »

Sauce2122 wrote:Just commenting on the Edina Elk river game,

I was a part of a game like this a couple years ago where it got out of control and parents where almost fighting and the game got ended early. It was a championship game and i just want to say in big name games like this tempers fly and players do stupid things in the heat of the moment without thinking and a couple dumb kids can ruin the reputation of the entire team.

Also with the parents its the same thing. A couple bad parents who are probs drunk or just living their dreams through their kids can ruin the game for everyone.

Kind of a ramble but my point is don't blow this out of proportion for the next game because it will build it up to more than a hockey game. If left alone this could be a great game between two good teams on the big stage. Also, remember that parents make their own decisions and yes they probs did some stupid stuff but in no way does their kid control this, but to the kids who know it was their parents, simply tell them that it was embarassin and i gaurentee they will keep their mouth shut the next game.

Let's just leave Jr Gold to what it is, the funnest hockey you'll every play, not the Jr Gold of old.
And always remember to MAke Em Say Ahh!
Cheaddar my boy, pure dangerous Cheaddar :)
bigdeal

Post by bigdeal »

My kids are too young to play hockey, thank God, but I have enjoyed watching my nephews play for years. I've followed this forum off and on throughout the years and have to laugh at how over the top some adults get over this. I'm Minnesota born and raised, I understand how important hockey is in our state, but IT'S JUST A GAME!!!!

Many other more pressing issues could use this kind of attention, but after reading the defamatory and hypocritical posts about class, I couldn't resist. People with class don't promote stereotypes and encourage bad behavior. Class is not determined by where you live or how much money you have. The superiority complex exhibited in some of these posts is disgusting and the condescending and antagonistic comments are good examples of why situations escalate into the events of last Saturday. In fact, these types of comments are the opposite of class, but I guess it is easier to judge others.

My nephews play for ER. I was not in attendance at the game in question, so I cannot comment on what occurred. I can say that I have witnessed hundreds of games throughout their "career" and have seen bad behavior in all locations. We've all seen games where the calls seem to be one-sided, fans are inappropriate and the players get frustrated. Bottom line, it happens everywhere and it is NEVER one-sided. I haven't seen ONE post recounting any bad behavior by Edina players or fans and I don't believe any of us are naive enough to believe they were innocent bystanders. Instead of engaging in he said, she said, everyone involved needs to take accountability for their actions - fans, players and the officials - and learn from them.

All of these kids (ER, Edina, etc. etc) work hard and are playing for the right reasons. If they made it this far, there is a reason for it. I've watched many of these ER kids grow up and they have always played with heart. I am extremely proud of my nephews and their entire team. Edina has a very talented team. ER has some great talent as well and WILL play with them. I will be in the stands cheering for my Elks. You'll recognize me by my "redneck"! :P

Hopefully the Elks and the Hornets give us a clean, exciting game to watch and the adults will set a good example for the youth. No doubt, the stands will be packed. Let's support the teams and show them, and the sport, the respect they deserve. Good luck to ALL of the young men in the tournament! GO ELKS!!
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

A. Maybe no one is pointing out Edina, because it was ER's fans that were flicking off players, and grabbing them and calling them "punks"
B. ER won't play with Edina
C. When Edina is up 3-4 goals at the end of the game, watch for ER to play very dirty and take runs
Afaninthestands

Post by Afaninthestands »

The reason that ER has probably not been commenting is that they choose not to get down to your level--I was at that game, and believe me when I say things are not what they seem--The anger that has been shown on these comments is really something--do you not have anything better to do? I mean really---
Kane 88

Post by Kane 88 »

quite crying about it Edina and just get over it.
It's just a hockey game
Afaninthestands

bigdeal wrote:My kids are too young to play hockey, thank God, but I have enjoyed watching my nephews play for years. I've followed this forum off and on throughout the years and have to laugh at how over the top some adults get over this. I'm Minnesota born and raised, I understand how important hockey is in our state, but IT'S JUST A GAME!!!!

Many other more pressing issues could use this kind of attention, but after reading the defamatory and hypocritical posts about class, I couldn't resist. People with class don't promote stereotypes and encourage bad behavior. Class is not determined by where you live or how much money you have. The superiority complex exhibited in some of these posts is disgusting and the condescending and antagonistic comments are good examples of why situations escalate into the events of last Saturday. In fact, these types of comments are the opposite of class, but I guess it is easier to judge others.

My nephews play for ER. I was not in attendance at the game in question, so I cannot comment on what occurred. I can say that I have witnessed hundreds of games throughout their "career" and have seen bad behavior in all locations. We've all seen games where the calls seem to be one-sided, fans are inappropriate and the players get frustrated. Bottom line, it happens everywhere and it is NEVER one-sided. I haven't seen ONE post recounting any bad behavior by Edina players or fans and I don't believe any of us are naive enough to believe they were innocent bystanders. Instead of engaging in he said, she said, everyone involved needs to take accountability for their actions - fans, players and the officials - and learn from them.

All of these kids (ER, Edina, etc. etc) work hard and are playing for the right reasons. If they made it this far, there is a reason for it. I've watched many of these ER kids grow up and they have always played with heart. I am extremely proud of my nephews and their entire team. Edina has a very talented team. ER has some great talent as well and WILL play with them. I will be in the stands cheering for my Elks. You'll recognize me by my "redneck"! :P

Hopefully the Elks and the Hornets give us a clean, exciting game to watch and the adults will set a good example for the youth. No doubt, the stands will be packed. Let's support the teams and show them, and the sport, the respect they deserve. Good luck to ALL of the young men in the tournament! GO ELKS!!

Couldn't have said it any better--
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

GingerKid69 wrote:
Sauce2122 wrote:Just commenting on the Edina Elk river game,

I was a part of a game like this a couple years ago where it got out of control and parents where almost fighting and the game got ended early. It was a championship game and i just want to say in big name games like this tempers fly and players do stupid things in the heat of the moment without thinking and a couple dumb kids can ruin the reputation of the entire team.

Also with the parents its the same thing. A couple bad parents who are probs drunk or just living their dreams through their kids can ruin the game for everyone.

Kind of a ramble but my point is don't blow this out of proportion for the next game because it will build it up to more than a hockey game. If left alone this could be a great game between two good teams on the big stage. Also, remember that parents make their own decisions and yes they probs did some stupid stuff but in no way does their kid control this, but to the kids who know it was their parents, simply tell them that it was embarassin and i gaurentee they will keep their mouth shut the next game.

Let's just leave Jr Gold to what it is, the funnest hockey you'll every play, not the Jr Gold of old.
And always remember to MAke Em Say Ahh!
Cheaddar my boy, pure dangerous Cheaddar :)
don't forget to stack that cheese ginger make me proud
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

Luckily this will all be over when Edina beats ER in a week.
Afaninthestands

bardown30 wrote:Luckily this will all be over when Edina beats ER in a week.
If you were at that game, there were issues on both sides--were you not paying attention to the game?
dave_bulldog

Post by dave_bulldog »

Bardown30 - If the name fits then punk it must be...

bardown30 wrote:A. Maybe no one is pointing out Edina, because it was ER's fans that were flicking off players, and grabbing them and calling them "punks"
C. When Edina is up 3-4 goals at the end of the game, watch for ER to play very dirty and take runs
slapshot445 wrote:I am a student at edina high school and I was sitting in the student section the entire game. From what I know the athletic director only told us to stop after we scored the third goal, and the only reason he could do this is he had an area to watch the game from below by the zamboni doors. There is no way this is permanent and even if he wanted it to be he would have to show up at every hornets game from now on and he would have to sit in the student section. However, many of the students did get pretty mad. haha someone threw a hot dog wrapper or something and hit him at the end and he had no idea who it was, you might think that's mean but i find it hilareous he shouldn't be associated with stuff that is out of school, even if it is high school athletics. it wasn't even played at edina.
bigdeal

Post by bigdeal »

[quote="bardown33"]Well other teams have scored against Edina at least...[/quote]

bardown30 wrote:
A. Maybe no one is pointing out Edina, because it was ER's fans that were flicking off players, and grabbing them and calling them "punks"

Hmmm, didn't ER score 3 goals against Edina earlier in the season? I suppose skating 2 on 5 didn't give Edina any edge either. Dare I say it? From what I've read, on both sides, the officiating left little to be desired.

ER has also beaten a few of the top JGA teams this year. ER players and fans know it's going to be a tough game, but it can go either way, so don't be too confident. ER just might surprise you. If they win, I'm sure we won't hear another peep from you. If not, you can run your mouth, but ER can hold their head high for their successful season.

Both sides made mistakes that night, but I guess because the fans and players from Edina are predetermined to have "class" because of where they live, you feel their actions are justified. I would like to assume you are a player and this comes from youth. If not, that viewpoint is even more frightening and it is unrealistic to think fault doesn't go both ways. This is the kind of attitude arrogance and elitism breeds. Lessons in humility are free. If the Elks don't give you one next week, don't worry, your time will come.

Good luck to all the teams and GO ELKS!
rhino06

Post by rhino06 »

bigdeal wrote:
bardown33 wrote:Well other teams have scored against Edina at least...
bardown30 wrote:

Hmmm, didn't ER score 3 goals against Edina earlier in the season? I suppose skating 2 on 5 didn't give Edina any edge either. Dare I say it? From what I've read, on both sides, the officiating left little to be desired.

ER has also beaten a few of the top JGA teams this year. ER players and fans know it's going to be a tough game, but it can go either way, so don't be too confident. ER just might surprise you. If they win, I'm sure we won't hear another peep from you. If not, you can run your mouth, but ER can hold their head high for their successful season.

Both sides made mistakes that night, but I guess because the fans and players from Edina are predetermined to have "class" because of where they live, you feel their actions are justified. I would like to assume you are a player and this comes from youth. If not, that viewpoint is even more frightening and it is unrealistic to think fault doesn't go both ways. This is the kind of attitude arrogance and elitism breeds. Lessons in humility are free. If the Elks don't give you one next week, don't worry, your time will come.

Good luck to all the teams and GO ELKS!
Give it up Elk River fans (players), if Edina plays to their full potential they will beat the cocaine addicts of Elk River 7-0.
LaceEmUp17

Post by LaceEmUp17 »

Wow, that's a little below the belt :)

I do have to say, it's not all Edina people posting on here. The poor sportsmanship was witnessed by many other organizations, including mine, Tonka, and others.
bigdeal

Post by bigdeal »

[quote="rhino06"]Give it up Elk River fans (players), if Edina plays to their full potential they will beat the cocaine addicts of Elk River 7-0.[/quote]

Another fine example of CLASS! Is that the best response you can come up with? :oops: Too bad you can't engage in an intelligent conversation. Proof that money can't buy everything. It's funny how anonymity allows you to say the things you would never say to someone's face. Pony up rhino06!

LaceEmUp17 - I'm not sure you really think that comment was inappropriate. I think most ER fans/players realize it isn't all Edina fans posting. Even hicks like me aren't that narrow-minded to make sweeping generalizations. ER is not the only team that exhibits poor sportsmanship, and comments like the one from rhino06 prove it. If that's what happened last Saturday, so be it. I don't think anyone from ER argued that things got out of hand, but then again, maybe they are just big enough take accountability.

I've kept my posts respectful. I don't harbor any animosity toward Edina, or anyone else. Minnesota is lucky to enjoy a pool of talented athletes. Most of the posts I see on here are from people who love hockey and are truly interested in the game. BUT, between trash-talking, loser teenagers and washed up, ex-hockey players posting on this site, it's pretty clear why things like last Saturday happen. And I don't need to hide behind my user name to say any of these things.
Bragenrights

Post by Bragenrights »

Bigdeal stop defending elk river I don't care who you know on it. Ther coach called someone a "chink". And there players have played with the same class all year. While Edina has played fairly Fair all year do stop saying there classy bc where they live but instead realiZe it's because how they have acted unlike elk river.

Thank god I play on a team with a respectful good coach that can for the most part control people
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

Bigdeal,

Edina is going to run over ER. It's just that simple. Trash talking is a part of the game, and is a large reason that makes this forum so fun. Why do we have to have "intelligent" conversation? Do you feel as if you are more "intelligent" than the rest of us?

You're a bigger joke if you're on here posting and are a parent (exception to blueblood because he is actually cool) Don't you think it's time to stop living through your child? I'm sorry you couldn't manage to do anything with your playing career, and now you must live through him.

Washed up, eh? I've medaled 3 times at the Junior Gold level, two of those are Gold medals. Hopefully your child can get just one, and you can be happy and celebrate through him, maybe pop open a bottle of that nice ER moonshine you guys brew out there in the woods!

I'm sorry about all of this. I wish I could engage in an intelligent conversation, but clearly I'm not capable.
dave_bulldog

Post by dave_bulldog »

bardown30 wrote:Bigdeal,

Edina is going to run over ER. It's just that simple. Trash talking is a part of the game, and is a large reason that makes this forum so fun. Why do we have to have "intelligent" conversation? Do you feel as if you are more "intelligent" than the rest of us?

You're a bigger joke if you're on here posting and are a parent (exception to blueblood because he is actually cool) Don't you think it's time to stop living through your child? I'm sorry you couldn't manage to do anything with your playing career, and now you must live through him.

Washed up, eh? I've medaled 3 times at the Junior Gold level, two of those are Gold medals. Hopefully your child can get just one, and you can be happy and celebrate through him, maybe pop open a bottle of that nice ER moonshine you guys brew out there in the woods!

I'm sorry about all of this. I wish I could engage in an intelligent conversation, but clearly I'm not capable.

SO WHY ARE NOT PLAYING TODAY ON THE MAIN STAGE....

WOW... first one guy says ER is cheap because of trash talk...then you say it's part of the game....
Typical 2 year-old...I can call you names but you run into the house when your feelings get hurt and tell you mom that someone is picking on you...

I am not a fan of ER but I think I am one now....

I think you need to look into the mirror tonight when you talk about class...where you live doesn't give you class...it's something money doesn't buy....or should I say Daddy's money doesn't buy.....

FYI...Edina had 19 nice points and ER had 20....

I will step down off my soapbox now....
Afaninthestands

Bragenrights wrote:Bigdeal stop defending elk river I don't care who you know on it. Ther coach called someone a "chink". And there players have played with the same class all year. While Edina has played fairly Fair all year do stop saying there classy bc where they live but instead realiZe it's because how they have acted unlike elk river.

Thank god I play on a team with a respectful good coach that can for the most part control people
If you would check into the coach supposedly calling one of the players a name, you will get the correct story. It was not him--you might also want to check into exactly what happened when this started to escalate and who was calling who names--
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

dave_bulldog wrote:
bardown30 wrote:Bigdeal,

SO WHY ARE NOT PLAYING TODAY ON THE MAIN STAGE....

WOW... first one guy says ER is cheap because of trash talk...then you say it's part of the game....
Typical 2 year-old...I can call you names but you run into the house when your feelings get hurt and tell you mom that someone is picking on you...

I am not a fan of ER but I think I am one now....

I think you need to look into the mirror tonight when you talk about class...where you live doesn't give you class...it's something money doesn't buy....or should I say Daddy's money doesn't buy.....

FYI...Edina had 19 nice points and ER had 20....

I will step down off my soapbox now....
Trash talk is a part of the game, but calling a player a "chink" sort of transcends that. What's really funny is that "Daddys Money" is sort of a compliment. Why is it bad when someone works their ass off to make some good money? Is that a problem? Maybe you should have tried harder in school and made better grades!

Why the hell would I run inside if you made fun of me? Are you kidding me? Oh, and I don't live at home :roll:

"typical 2-year old". Who says that? That's the stupidest comment I have ever heard. Yes, I am actually a 2 year old and on this forum. I am SO immature, that I may in fact be 2. That doesn't make any sense.

I'm going to go pour myself a nice Ketel One martini and drive my Bentley. 8)
Reg Dunlap

Post by Reg Dunlap »

I think you're all a bunch of Crackers.
When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
private9

Post by private9 »

You shouldn't drink and drive.

Here are the facts.

Edina players believe that a racist comment was made towards one of their teammates. Most people are of the opinion that Elk River plays an aggressive style of hockey that can turn "dirty". The game in which this comment was "made" had to be called early because it got out of hand.

Elk River players claim that the comment was not made, and that Edina, along with Elk River, played chippy throughout the game. Elk River, being a very competitive team, must have gotten frustrated when they began losing in a crucial playoff game, which led to all the controversy.

For those of us who were not out on the ice for this game, we really cant know if the comment was made or not. I hope that it wasn't.

Elk River: If your coach did not make this comment, what can you do to make people believe you guys? I really don't see what you can do. This is about hockey go out and prove that the team that lost 4-0 to Edina last weekend is better than what has shown thus far.

Edina: If the comment was made, I can't think of better motivation for beating a team. If it wasn't, go out and play your game. That's all that needs to be done.

To sum it all up: It's too late for any Elk River player/parent/fan/cousin to change people's opinions. Maybe this is a whole lot of nothing, but hopefully we can all step back from this situation and look at it with a level head. Both these teams want to destroy the other, which will make for great hockey. Be there for it.

Do the talking on the ice. Except not racist talking, because then we end up right back here. (again)
Ice Cream Tape Job
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

Here's some news: There are certain parents for one of the teams that has paid to have the state police at the upcoming state game. That shows how out of hand it was last time. I am not kidding either. This takes JG hockey to a new height. This will be a great battle.
bigdeal

Post by bigdeal »

To recap, for those of you having difficulty following along, I’m not a parent - just a fan. My kids are little; I’ll measure their success by the kind of people they turn out to be, not how many gold medals they have, where they live or how much money they make.

bardown30 - based on your pitiful responses, I would agree I am more intelligent than you. What’s even worse is you aren’t a kid. I could have sympathized a little. Great achievement winning three medals; do you play college or are you going pro? If you’re not, I guess that might classify you as “washed-up”. Quit living in the past. “Daddy’s Money” might be a compliment to some, but most people would rather be self-sufficient. And might I add lots of wealthy people make their money through luck, or due to the hard work of “regular” people. No beef with people with money, just those that think it buys them a higher station in society. Have you paid attention to recent events? It can all be gone tomorrow. And by the way, moonshine comes in a jar not a bottle.

bragenrights - I’m having a hard time reading your post. Try the English language and spell check next time. I’ll make it simple for you – I DON”T THINK EDINA FANS/PLAYERS HAVE CLASS BECAUSE OF WHERE THEY LIVE. THAT WAS A COMMENT MADE BY AN ELITIST (LIKE YOU?). If you actually read my posts it’s not about defending ER, it’s about character. I'm sure you'll get some when you grow up. The more you talk, the more you prove my point – thanks!

private9 – you hit it right on when you said, “we really can’t know if the comment was made or not.” I hope it wasn’t – by a coach, a player or a fan. If the coach did say it, the players, fans and residents of the ER area certainly shouldn’t be held accountable. When it comes down to it, these are kids playing this game. Not adults, kids.

All of this talk about coaches being able to control their players is a joke. They're teenage boys – if a coach can figure out how to “control” them let the parents know.

I’m not on here to change people’s opinion of ER and, unfortunately, this discussion isn't just about hockey. Once again, good luck to all the kids playing.
bardown30

Post by bardown30 »

I'm simply stirring the pot and it's working quite well. Sure there are plenty of kids in Edina that rely on parents money. I am not one of them. I've worked for the last 8 years back wasn't even a teen. It bothers me that kids live off their parents after a certain point. But it's not fair to say that is how all of Edina is. And the only people who are lucky to be wealthy are lottery winners. Others are successful due to hardwork, or putting themselves in beneficial statements.

You may be older than me, but intelligence can't be measured on an Internet forum. I attend one of the better undergrad business schools in the country, surely I am not dumb. Merely stoking the fire to provide some harmless entertainment.

In the end the game will show the better team. Of course I think Edina will win. It's good to see Elk River has dramatically improved. Last year they lost games to Edina by 7-8 goals each.

Lastly, I didn't make up the part about the police. Who knew a hockey game could have such high security.
Bragenrights

Post by Bragenrights »

Yes big deal it's prett hard To type or
use spell check on a I phone. They have been cheap all year that's what I'm saying good enough English from a iPhone. Elk rivers cheap. Edinas a relitivly classy hockey team period respect them for there fair play and shun elk river for there cheap play.