BHS Hockey Podcast - January 30

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

YouthHockeyHub

BHS Hockey Podcast - January 30

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Another great show this week. Two great guests. Jay Hardwick goes through the list of great coaches in his life (Eades, Christian, Johnson and Sandelin), his family''s passion for coaching and much more. Gentry's Barrett Hall comes into the studio with Tony/Danny and hits it out of the park with some tough and fun questions.

We discuss the "retirement" of Lee Smith, T10 in AA/A and a bunch of games past and future.

https://bit.ly/32P0IL6

Enjoy,

TS
Brodziak Fan Club

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - January 30

Post by Brodziak Fan Club »

Great pod, gentlemen. I was really impressed with Barrett Hall. He is a well-spoken, engaging young man.

Looks like I was wrong about Lee Smith going out on his own terms :shock: .

Thanks for all you do for youth and high school hockey.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Brodziak Fan Club wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:21 pm Great pod, gentlemen. I was really impressed with Barrett Hall. He is a well-spoken, engaging young man.
I echo your sentiment about Hall. One of the best player guests I have heard. He is very knowledgeable about other programs all around the metro area and had insightful commentary. It was nice having him on early for the rundown of scores from the past week.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

I'll be interested to see the scheduling for Gentry next year. They'll slowly get more teams to schedule them and hopefully get some action against their own section. I'm not sure how true the story told was, but I'd like to believe it had more to do with other teams having full schedules already. I was told they went the charter route and a lot of non-hockey players are going to the school now.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Second time Barrett has been a YHH guest , very impressive kid .
Local Minn kid from the EV system , decided Gentry was a better fit and thrived there .

Recovered from a complex collarbone break in Sept HSEL and was back on ice in a month, and played some preseason with Wilderness and Chip Steel if I recall right .

Dad and Mom are good people . Happy we got to know them last year and several other Gentry parents during their run

Spar . Go back and look at the long thread about Gentry from last year . Barrett did a good job setting a lot of that stuff to rest

Now ,more top 25 AA coaches need to schedule them , since they put the challenge in front of themselves and quickly moved up to AA .
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

My guess is they will. That's what I'm interested to see. There was a lot of misinformation about the school and the ice time and lack of other sports. That seems to have changed which is probably a good thing. I bet we see a better schedule for them next year.
Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 »

What was this Kansas City game you guys were talking about? What schedule are you looking at?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Joe2015 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:57 am What was this Kansas City game you guys were talking about? What schedule are you looking at?
Seems to have disappeared from the Hub. It had been on the schedule for Friday.