The Hermantown Thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Rails Hockey

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Rails Hockey »

Getitright wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:51 pm At the end of the day he is diluting local talent and will be grabbing from others. Tell me with a straight face how that is a good thing and how you are making things better?
I’m not sure who you’re talking to but I never said it was a good thing. We just gave you the reasons why it was different.
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

Getitright wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:51 pm At the end of the day he is diluting local talent and will be grabbing from others. Tell me with a straight face how that is a good thing and how you are making things better?
He won't be diluting talent. He'll just be shifting talent from Hermantown to Stella. No net loss of talent whatsoever.

And once he's shifted enough talent away from Hermantown, he'll go AA. Sounds like win-win to me.
Getitright

Post by Getitright »

Don’t hold your breath
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

PLEASE BAN ME Hermantown and PLEASE BAN ME Joe Biden!
Rocketwrister

Post by Rocketwrister »

Wow, look at that packed house for Hermantown
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

Up 3-0 after one and outshooting Luverne 16-1. Come on Hawks you can hang on and do this! #believe
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Rain man how you can trash Hermantown and let Mahtomedi , Orono and Warroad go is classic. Mahtomedi is 1 student away from being a AA school and Warroad is bought by Marvin Windows. Orono is the wealthiest school district in MN. The state is much bigger that your small view from Hibbing. Hermantown is battling this and all you care about is Hibbing going to state. News flash if they ever made it they would lose in the quarterfinals.
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

pekyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:03 pm Rain man how you can trash Hermantown and let Mahtomedi , Orono and Warroad go is classic. Mahtomedi is 1 student away from being a AA school and Warroad is bought by Marvin Windows. Orono is the wealthiest school district in MN. The state is much bigger that your small view from Hibbing. Hermantown is battling this and all you care about is Hibbing going to state. News flash if they ever made it they would lose in the quarterfinals.
Nice try, peky. Last time Hibbing went to state they won in the quarters, and there have been 2-3 better Hibbing teams since then, it's just that Hermantown continues the sandbag charade. Greenway had no problem getting far past the quarterfinals they year they were able to beat a transfer-poor Hermantown team in 2019.

And I don't let Mahtomedi go. They also play AA at youth, which is stupid. And I've questioned, multiple times, on this board on why Warroad wouldn't just want to give AA a shot.

Take some time today and savor your third place trophy. Just because Hermantown hemorrhaged a ton of top talent this year doesn't mean it will keep happening, right? Hawks leave together! :D
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Mahtomedi Enrollment: 1,160 students
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

pekyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:13 pm Mahtomedi Enrollment: 1,160 students
Quit whining and make your own program better!
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

You just don't get that Hermantown develops its players and its the hockey program that attracts players to its program. Is that not what every community strives for?
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

rainier2 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:21 pm
pekyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:13 pm Mahtomedi Enrollment: 1,160 students
Quit whining and make your own program better!
Your the ultimate whiner!
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Would Hibbing ever beat Mahtomedi?
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Would Hibbing ever beat Orono?
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

No, but they would get to state and that would make rain man happy.
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

Class A Hockey is bigger than 218
pekyman

Post by pekyman »

You should Actually be proud that a northern team can compete with the southern powerhouse teams. Your anti-north hockey?
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

pekyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:28 pm You just don't get that Hermantown develops its players and its the hockey program that attracts players to its program. Is that not what every community strives for?
Wrong. Hermantown doesn't develop talent, they collect it. Over half of the talent that comes out of Hermantown were known to be good players before they ever put on a Hawk jersey.

And don't get me started on the coaching in Hermantown. The Hawks beat Mahtomedi 6-3 earlier in the season, and they went 13-1-1 vs AA teams, yet they settle for a 2-0 third place yawner? Maybe the reason Hermantown drops down to single A when they get to HS is because that's where the coaching belongs.
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

pekyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:32 pm Would Hibbing ever beat Mahtomedi?
Maybe. Hibbing pee wees last two years lost to them 3-2 and 4-2, and Mahtomedi is losing top talent to H-M, so I could see it for sure. (Hermantown is 0-5 vs Mahtomedi PWAA over that same time period, FYI.) 8)
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

pekyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:33 pm Would Hibbing ever beat Orono?
Absolutely. Orono's youth teams have been so bad the last few years that they had to go back down to A, and even at A most of their teams have had terrible seasons. Meanwhile, Hibbing's been excellent. I'd put my money on Hibbing, but you never know.
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

pekyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:45 pm You should Actually be proud that a northern team can compete with the southern powerhouse teams. Your anti-north hockey?
Proud that a northern team that went 3-0 vs AA tourney teams and 13-1-1 overall vs AA teams is playing in the A tourney? What is there to be proud of about that? It's embarrassing, and goes against everything northern hockey is about.
BobSaget

Post by BobSaget »

rainier2 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:02 pm
pekyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:28 pm You just don't get that Hermantown develops its players and its the hockey program that attracts players to its program. Is that not what every community strives for?
Wrong. Hermantown doesn't develop talent, they collect it. Over half of the talent that comes out of Hermantown were known to be good players before they ever put on a Hawk jersey.

And don't get me started on the coaching in Hermantown. The Hawks beat Mahtomedi 6-3 earlier in the season, and they went 13-1-1 vs AA teams, yet they settle for a 2-0 third place yawner? Maybe the reason Hermantown drops down to single A when they get to HS is because that's where the coaching belongs.
Agreed. At this point, It think it’s more than fair to call out the coaching when considering all the variables.
Rails Hockey

Post by Rails Hockey »

pekyman wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:03 pm Rain man how you can trash Hermantown and let Mahtomedi , Orono and Warroad go is classic. Mahtomedi is 1 student away from being a AA school and Warroad is bought by Marvin Windows. Orono is the wealthiest school district in MN. The state is much bigger that your small view from Hibbing. Hermantown is battling this and all you care about is Hibbing going to state. News flash if they ever made it they would lose in the quarterfinals.
Mahtomedi and Orono get hit hard with players transferring every year. Mahtomedi has 5-6 kids at Hill alone and Orono’s top player just won AA with Tonka. Warroad was fully homegrown this year. Hermantown is the outlier in that group.