Select 17's National Camp Roster

falcons30

Select 17's National Camp Roster

Post by falcons30 »

The list is online. See the link below:<br><!--EZCODE LINK START--><a href="http://www.minnesotahockey.org/assorted ... 20List.pdf" target="top">www.minnesotahockey.org</a><!--EZCODE LINK END--> <p></p><i></i>
ONMHockey

16/17

Post by ONMHockey »

I see the 16 team was announced a few days ago. Lots of freshmen this year. Certainly atypical.<br>My understanding is the 17's will go to St. Cloud as a group but will disperse individually after assignment/drafting to the various teams. The Ann Arbor boys will also go to St. Cloud as a group but will not disperse. As an elite squandron, the camp will test for their dominance. Promoted as a unit not as individuals, they better win. From the Ann Arbor side and from this side, Minnesota is sending one of its finest rosters ever.<br>Where is Canzenello and Okposo? <p></p><i></i>
Hockeyfever

No show

Post by Hockeyfever »

Okposo did not show up. Not sure why, i just know he wasn't there for the try-out <p></p><i></i>
Cool Guy1

Re: No show

Post by Cool Guy1 »

Why only 5 Defensemen <p></p><i></i>
blueeyesme2

Re: No show

Post by blueeyesme2 »

Okposo, ON The gopher board his uncle said he was sick. <p></p><i></i>
SHP55

selects

Post by SHP55 »

ann arbor kids will be playing as a team? is that true? <p></p><i></i>
eastonstud

Re: selects

Post by eastonstud »

can someone post the team!!!! <p></p><i></i>
I saw it

17's roster

Post by I saw it »

Forwards:<br>Josh Bergren<br>Jordy Christian<br>Addison DeBoer<br>Michael Dorr<br>Mike Forney<br>Joe Harren<br>Andrew Inderieden<br>Aaron Marvin<br>Taylor Matson<br>Toney Mosey<br>Tyler Ruegsegger<br>Jordan VanGilder<br>Defense:<br>Cameron Cooper<br>David Fischer<br>James Stuart<br>Kevin Wehrs<br>Ben Youds<br>Goalies:<br>Matt Beggs<br>Cary Woods<br> <p></p><i></i>
MNPuckster27

17's

Post by MNPuckster27 »

Good to see Cary Wood made the team. I thought he and his Tartan team were underrated all of last year. I'm a little suprised to see him make it, but happy to see none the less. <p></p><i></i>
blackeye

ONMHockey......

Post by blackeye »

Whoever told you that the Ann Arbor boys would be playing as a team in St Cloud is just another person trying to put misinformation out there so people will rip on USA Hockey. The Ann Arbor players will be dispersed in the draft as well.<br><br>My guess is that the powers that be left certain players off the list knowing that USA Hockey would have to place those kids in the camp, just a guess. Thus MN could backdoor more players than their allotment into the camp. I know USA Hockey is the big bad national body and all, but the local boys are pretty good at playing games as well from what I hear. <p></p><i></i>
John04

Defensemen

Post by John04 »

I would like to know if anyone was out at Plymouth watching, and if you were let me know what you thought about Brian Galloway of Johnson. My thought was he had a good tryout and should have probably made the select 17 team. If anyone agrees with me let me know how much you think politics plays in the selection process. <p></p><i></i>
scottparker

Re: Defensemen

Post by scottparker »

John, at the Final 51's in the past, you could probably pick the three or four that didn't belong easier than picking the 20 or so that should go. It all comes down to what the people making the picks want out of a player, then that style makes the cut. If you're whining about politics playing a part, then go get some tissues because that's a topic just like recruitment, you won't win and it'll drag on and on and on and on....... If your buddy (or you?) thinks they should have gone, they might have been able to go if someone else had been picking. Any kid who makes the Final 51's should feel proud and take that for what it's worth.. What were there, 18 D? They picked 5... tough to slim it down that far...<br> <p></p><i></i>
ONMHockey

Blackeye

Post by ONMHockey »

Why would anyone want to rip on USA Hockey? Can you list some motives a person might have for passing around miss information about USA Hockey.<br><br>I've been to the Ann Arbor facility. Great folks! Especially Ken Martel. USA Hockey folk's around here are also especially cordial. <br><br>Disappointments? Is that your top motive? Not being selected in the 15/16/17's perhaps?<br>I think USA tries to move the roster around alittle each year and even if a skater is never sent to the camp, though disappointing, it is nothing more than that. A great player can succeed at becoming a great player without ever appearing at a USA hockey national camp. <p></p><i></i>
John04

Selects

Post by John04 »

Wow you people are sure defensive when it comes to asking a question. Why is it when someone asks a question do they always have to be someones "buddy". All I am saying is that I thought Galloway was in the top 3 Defensemen that I watched that weekend. As far as Minnesota Hockey or USA Hockey I do believe that politics do play a big part in their decisions for things such as selects. No one is whinning about a player not getting picked. I am just stating the obvious. Selects are picked way before these kids step out on that ice for try-outs. <p></p><i></i>
jimmylewis

Team picked?

Post by jimmylewis »

I would have agreed with John before this 17 pick. I see some players that everyone would have expected to see on the roster not being there. Defensively, Canzennelo (sp?) being one of those that would have expected to be on the list. Galloway, as all the defensemen, looked good. Was he top three? No. Was he top 18, yeah.. I would hazard a bet that if they had taken all 18, they would have been in the top 25 at the camp.. Such is life in the Hockey State.. Our second tier is better than most first tier players. <br><br>And don't get so defensive regarding your buddy, or whatever Galloway is to you. He didn't make the cut, get on with life.. <p></p><i></i>
chawks0500

Beggs

Post by chawks0500 »

I have seen Beggs play many times and he is a very solid goalie and deserves to be on the team...Congrads <p></p><i></i>
hockscout88

select 17's

Post by hockscout88 »

Don't understand Ben Youds making the team. He is fat and lazy and I don't know who has pulling for him.......plus he scored the winning goal against his own team in sections last year. Good job. <p></p><i></i>
wild77

hockscout88

Post by wild77 »

You are showing your age making comments such as that. Everyone of these kids should be given credit for their hard work. <p></p><i></i>
v110sniper

Re: hockscout88

Post by v110sniper »

didn't brian lee make the final 20 last year and he didnt attend the 51... why didn't the same happen for Okposo <p></p><i></i>
outdoorrink

Brian Lee

Post by outdoorrink »

Brian Lee had knee repair last summer and elected not to participate. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p074.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... oorrink</A> at: 5/19/05 8:22 am<br></i>