MM Squirt Choice

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

52cent

MM Squirt Choice

Post by 52cent »

Another MM thread locked. There was some good advertising in some posts and then when the other side comes out the big lock goes on. In politics and debates you need both sides for a healthy exchange.
Must have pushed some buttons so here’s a modified post that should not lock up this thread:

New season same story. Dad coaches running the same basic drills that B gives them, night after night. IMO many coaches are really not qualified to coach skills or the bench. When there is an incident in a game, the coaches that are connected with BM or TB tell them their version of the story and they buy into it and make decisions and judgements based what they tell them. Seen this many times and common knowledge for MM goers. Some of the coaches exhibit poor self control and sometimes inflame a situation. Very predictable. Nothing new here.

IMO: It's time to and hand down the suspensions that have been avoided and consider eliminating over age players. Also, maybe hire coaches to replace the dad coaches that are not really qualified to teach skills or run a bench. Its nice if you have enough qualified dads to fill the coaching roles and make more money but the price tag the customers pay warrants this. Its a small price to pay for increased credibility.
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

I'd like it if someone who is in the know would PM me and tell me what I am missing because I haven't seen any of the behavior described in previous threads.
JaginCake

Minnesota Made from an Edina Residents perpective

Post by JaginCake »

My son played football this year and i was never so relived that hockey is now over for him. I have watched the building of the Minnesota Made Hockey facility and all i can say is here is my perpective as an Edina resident.
At one time there was suppose to be a school, that school made them exempt from property taxes for 2 years? Who Paid them when the exemption was let go? probably Edina residents. Did the Edina residents pick up your water bill when the property changed hands from one investor to another through a foreclosure maneuver? What happened to all those original investors that were putting $25,000 to $50,000 investments in when the building was in renovation? I guess they will never see any return on investment. How about all of those Mechanics liens on the building??(contractors who actually built the building?) I guess lesson learned you won't be paid. What about the hype and publicity? Don't throw the NHL connections you had out the door or there Gkids. USA hockey connections? Did you really champion a kid who could not pass the medical evaluation for junior olympic hockey??? Did you really get upset that some kid who wanted to play baseball with his friends in the summer and might not have signed your contract? All of this and over the 8 years many keep drinking the Kool aid that if they throw enough money at a sport they can buy there way to the next level? Hockey is a contact sport, kids change and unlike Gymnastics where puberty destroys the athlete due to size, in hockey puberty separates those who will play on and those Who have hopefully just enjoyed the ride.
Last edited by JaginCake on Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
knights58

good stuff

Post by knights58 »

It's funny...all the people that piss and moan about MM and if you send your kid there you must be planning on them making the NHL blah blah blah. Most making that argument are hypocrits as many of them are sending their kids to Turcotte, or Bjugstad, or Heartland, or local MASH, or STP, or FHIT, or Stauber, etc etc etc. Many people that do MM only do MM because that's where they choose to spend their money. So anyone who does extra for their kid to get better is doing so with the grand illusion that they are going to the NHL???? Give me a break. Has it been that long since you competed at a sport? Do you remember when the sport was the most enjoyable? Usually when you got better and started to excel. Also, who cares about the taxes and all the other garbage between MM and Edina??? IF you don't like MM....don't send your kid there....problem solved. The majority of people going there actually LIKE IT and feel it's a good program. That's why they keep going back.....if the product sucked, it would go out of business. Common sense, right?
about22pandas

Post by about22pandas »

Yeah but since they don't go there or can't afford to do it they have to come to the internet to complain.
OrangeKoolaid

Post by OrangeKoolaid »

52cent you must have some pull with the forum! I made a very legit response to your negative MM comment and they didn't post it. Liberals strike again!
Inflating the egos of hockey players since 2008!
52cent

Post by 52cent »

OrangeKoolaid wrote:52cent you must have some pull with the forum! I made a very legit response to your negative MM comment and they didn't post it. Liberals strike again!
Orange. No pull I'm aware of. Negative commentary but true. Many would attest to these facts if they weren't worried about their status at MM. On the positive side, while MM remains an acceptable place to get training, more and more good options are popping up all over both on ice and off ice. The people running these programs are far more qualified skating coaches than the coaches at MM. Other than the choice program, which is still unique to MM, there will be a migration towards the other programs. And maybe we'll see another Choice program open up in another rink with qualified non dad independent coaches running it. Why not?