AA BRACKET OUT

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

allstatebenders

AA BRACKET OUT

Post by allstatebenders »

2A hockey: #2 Duluth East v Moorhead; #3 Edina v Lakeville North; #1 Hill-Murray v Eastview; #4 Wayzata v #5 Centennial”

Looks like they don't really care about the two northern teams facing each other... Maybe it really is a blind draw? 8)
icehornet

Post by icehornet »

Well I guess this proves that 6-8 is a true random draw. Going to be a great tourney, can't wait!
Washed Up

Post by Washed Up »

IMO, I only see one really competitive between #4 Wayzata and Centennial. But, as we all saw last year, anything can happen!
Why so Serious?
elliott70

Re: AA BRACKET OUT

Post by elliott70 »

#2 Duluth East v Moorhead
Moorhead in OT in the upset

#3 Edina v Lakeville North
Edina by 2

#1 Hill-Murray v Eastview
Hill by 2

#4 Wayzata v #5 Centennial
Wayzata by 4
icehornet

Post by icehornet »

Washed Up wrote:IMO, I only see one really competitive between #4 Wayzata and Centennial. But, as we all saw last year, anything can happen!
If Driscoll is on top of his game that Eastview/H-M match-up has upset potential written all over it. Last year every higher seed lost on Thursday so who knows what this year holds.
koolio

Post by koolio »

allstatebenders wrote:2A hockey: #2 Duluth East v Moorhead; #3 Edina v Lakeville North; #1 Hill-Murray v Eastview; #4 Wayzata v #5 Centennial”

Looks like they don't really care about the two northern teams facing each other... Maybe it really is a blind draw? 8)
I like the "true" random draw after the first 5 are seeded. As for first round, Edina has a cake walk. Beyond that, the games should be good. Either the Hounds & Hill (or Wayzata) in the 'ship.
Terry Thompson III

Post by Terry Thompson III »

Wayzata over Edina in the final
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

HM over Edina in the final...just like 08
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Terry Thompson III

Post by Terry Thompson III »

sachishi4 wrote:HM over Edina in the final...just like 08
lets hope not! :lol:
supertacks

Post by supertacks »

allstatebenders wrote:2A hockey: #2 Duluth East v Moorhead; #3 Edina v Lakeville North; #1 Hill-Murray v Eastview; #4 Wayzata v #5 Centennial”

pesky draw for Hill as #1 seed. I can think of 2-3 other teams I would much rather be playing right now.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

icehornet wrote:
Washed Up wrote:IMO, I only see one really competitive between #4 Wayzata and Centennial. But, as we all saw last year, anything can happen!
If Driscoll is on top of his game that Eastview/H-M match-up has upset potential written all over it. Last year every higher seed lost on Thursday so who knows what this year holds.
Hill had first line player leave the game with a shoulder injury late in last night's game
IMHO

Post by IMHO »

Edina gets a bye.

:lol:
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Seeding five is dumb.

Screw the kids' "feelings" and seed all 8.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

icehornet wrote:
Hill-Murray is the one higher seed I would not want to be going into Thursday.
Tenoverpar

f

Post by Tenoverpar »

I'm going all W T F

Moorhead over East 3-2
Edina over North 7-1
Eastview over Hill 3-2
Centennial over Wayzata 4-2

Edina over Moorhead 7-1
Centennial over Eastview 2-1

Edina over Centennial 7-1

those picks stink

East over Moorhead 3-2
Edina over North 5-2
Hill over Eastview 7-1
Wayzata over Centennial 4-3

East over Edina 5-4
Wayzata over Hill 4-2

Wayzata over East 2-1
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Ten I agree w/your picks not your scores. I think you hit out of the park on you bracket.
allstatebenders

Post by allstatebenders »

QF-

#2 Duluth East v Moorhead
East wins 5-3

#3 Edina v Lakeville North
Edina wins 2-0

#1 Hill-Murray v Eastview
Eastview pulls off the upset 2-0 (en)

#4 Wayzata v #5 Centennial
Wayzata wins 5-2

SF-

#2 Duluth East vs. #3 Edina
East wins 4-2

#4 Wayzata vs. Eastview
Wayzata wins easily 4-1

F-

Duluth East wins in OT 5-4
zyzxx

Post by zyzxx »

Terry Thompson III wrote:Wayzata over Edina in the final
I agree with Wayzata taking it all.

Not really rooting for Edina though- after 7 appearances in 7 seasons, this is probably getting routine for them. It is a once in a lifetime experience/aspiration for most kids.
MNM JMH

Post by MNM JMH »

EDINA over Wayzata 7-3
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

Any thing can happen, but with all due respect to the fellas at Eastview why should Hill or any top tier team fear them in particular? They only have a four game winning streak, so they aren't roaring into the tournament. They did have the three goal win against Eagan. But Eagan never proved anything all year. We did hear the "wait until the Wildcats make it to the state tournament", but they didn't come close against a mediocre Eastview. If they had even two quality wins to get through the section and the goalie played great in both, that would be one thing. Also as a team they have no tournament experience.

Best thing Hill could do is pop in a couple of quick ones.

There's been a lot of wishful thinking on this site about Hill getting upset by White Bear, and now Eastview. Any top 4 team could lose in the first round, but I'd no more fear Eastview than Moorhead or Centennial. Lakeville North, ahh, no one should worry about them. It can be hard to separate the head from the heart when it comes to prognostications. I can see one of the top four losing Thursday.

A lot of guys don't like to see the northern teams meet in the first round, but that does mean one will play Friday night, so that's a bonus.

I'm just glad the yahoos will have someone to scream "Where's your city" at. Without Hill, Edina would have to bear their wrath alone and they aren't used to that.
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:Any thing can happen, but with all due respect to the fellas at Eastview why should Hill or any top tier team fear them in particular? They only have a four game winning streak, so they aren't roaring into the tournament. They did have the three goal win against Eagan. But Eagan never proved anything all year. We did hear the "wait until the Wildcats make it to the state tournament", but they didn't come close against a mediocre Eastview. If they had even two quality wins to get through the section and the goalie played great in both, that would be one thing. Also as a team they have no tournament experience.

Because they have a very good goalie. He is a very good goalie that can win games for his team. Without him, the team is likely mediocre, as you say. But with him, they are able to be competitive and have been all season. Anyone who has seen him play knows this.
That being said, I wouldn't say anyone should fear them, it's just the one match up I'd personally want.

Agreed.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

HShockeywatcher wrote:
East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:Any thing can happen, but with all due respect to the fellas at Eastview why should Hill or any top tier team fear them in particular? They only have a four game winning streak, so they aren't roaring into the tournament. They did have the three goal win against Eagan. But Eagan never proved anything all year. We did hear the "wait until the Wildcats make it to the state tournament", but they didn't come close against a mediocre Eastview. If they had even two quality wins to get through the section and the goalie played great in both, that would be one thing. Also as a team they have no tournament experience.

Because they have a very good goalie. He is a very good goalie that can win games for his team. Without him, the team is likely mediocre, as you say. But with him, they are able to be competitive and have been all season. Anyone who has seen him play knows this.
That being said, I wouldn't say anyone should fear them, it's just the one match up I'd personally want.

Agreed.
Fair enough. I ask questions to cure my ignorance. (I've long since gotten used to being the dumbest guy in the room.)

Providing he played in all of them, I see a good number of shutouts and only three games where they gave up more than 3 goals. That's very respectable even against the mediocre schedule they played.

In the playoffs, Lechner and Hill seem to be more interested in solid wins that in large margins of victory.

4-1 Hill.
westsidestory

Post by westsidestory »

How cute! After all this pre-seeding posturing on pairings, we have the champion of Section 1 (Lakeville North) playing the champ of Section 2(Edina), Section 3 (Eastview) playing Section 4 (Hill-Murray), Section 5 (Centennial) playing Section 6 (Wayzata), and Section 7 (Duluth East) playing Section 8 (Moorhead), which was Page 1 of the MSHSL's old rotating scheduling book from 1945. I expect no upsets in the Quarters, repeat performances from earlier in the year of Duluth East beating Edina and Wayzata beating Hill-Murray, and the "poor boys" from Wayzata winning their first state title (in three visits (1954, 2004 and 2013)) over the pariah of northern Minnesota, Duluth East, in the Championship.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Teams' records in quarterfinal games:

Centennial (1-0)
Duluth East (12-6)
Eastview (0-1)
Edina (13-15) (does not include Edina East)
Hill-Murray (15-10)
Lakeville North (0-3) (does not include Lakeville)
Moorhead (10-3)
Wayzata (1-1)

Some pointless trivia.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006