1/2/2012 U10A Top 10

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

SuperStuds

1/2/2012 U10A Top 10

Post by SuperStuds »

1.Westonka- Still at the top with one of the best U10 players.

2.White Bear Lake- 1st Place Wayzata Tourney. Beat Edina 3-1,
Andover 2-1 and Woodbury 2-1 in OT

3. Edina- 5th Place Wayzata Tourney. Lost 3-1 WBL, Beat Lakeville South 5-0 and Beat Wayzata 4-1.

4.Mpls Storm- Coaches still Hot!!

5. Woodbury- Won the Buffalo Tournament a few weeks ago 2nd place at the Wayzata tourney. Beat Minnetonka 8-0, Beat Shakopee 1-0 OT and lost to WBL 2-1 in OT. WBL scored to tie with about 2 minutes left.

6. Stillwater- Lost to #3 WBL 3-0 in district play.

7. Shakopee- 3rd Place Wayzata Tourney. Beat Wayzata 3-2 OT, Lost to Woodbury 1-0 OT and Beat Andover 1-0.

8.Wayzata- Lost to Shakopee 3-2 OT, Beat Minnetonka 4-0, Lost to Edina 4-1 in their Tourney.

9. Andover- Beat Lakeville South 2-0, Lost to WBL 2-1, Lost to Shakopee 1-0.

10. Forest Lake- No Action.

Next Big Tourney is Duluth in 2 weeks with most of the top 10 playing in it.
Last edited by SuperStuds on Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:36 am, edited 9 times in total.
U10pops

Re: U10A Top 10

Post by U10pops »

SuperStuds wrote:1. Edina- 1st Place in the Cake Eater very good teams

2. Wayzata- 2nd place Cake Eaters

3. Stillwater- Only gave up one goal in 5 games(Strange) only 3rd Place Cake Eater with such a good goalie.

4. Andover- Needed more goals in big moments 4th Cake Eater Lost in the 3rd place game 1-0 after 2 overtimes and a shootout.

5. White Bear Lake- Tough draw at cake eater but did beat
#2 Wayzata 4-1 only loss was 2-1 to #1 Edina

6. Anoka- Have not lost in games that count. 1st Place in All American Pool A.

7. Duluth- 1st Place in All American Pool B.

8. Orono- Tied #7 Duluth.

9. Forest Lake- Only loss was to #6 Anoka

10. Winnetka- Only Loss was to #7 Duluth

May not be perfect but very close and only includes teams that have played in tournaments. Winner of the Warroad tournament last weekend would be in the top 10 as well. No scores or results.
I actually think Stillwater, Andover and White Bear Lake are all better than Wayzata but since they finished 2nd (pool play points) then that seems right. I have heard Lakeville South is very good but have not seen them play. Don't know anything about the 6-10 other than Forest Lake being in the championship game of a tourney last week. (maybe they won it)
hockeyfan87

Post by hockeyfan87 »

SuperStuds wrote:
Not questioning your rankings, but I believe Winnetka is a Chicago based team...
SuperStuds

Post by SuperStuds »

hockeyfan87 wrote:
SuperStuds wrote:
Not questioning your rankings, but I believe Winnetka is a Chicago based team...
Good catch! Thanks
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

Sure would be nice to have a true A team instead of 2 equal teams. But then again we would crush everyone up north if that was the case. Maybe next year ;)

And losing our goalie to WBL does not help either. But goes to show what kind of talent we have up here.
Hard water fan

Post by Hard water fan »

lrugland wrote:Sure would be nice to have a true A team instead of 2 equal teams. But then again we would crush everyone up north if that was the case. Maybe next year ;)

And losing our goalie to WBL does not help either. But goes to show what kind of talent we have up here.
Goes to show what kind of parents too... :roll:
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

Hard water fan wrote:
lrugland wrote:Sure would be nice to have a true A team instead of 2 equal teams. But then again we would crush everyone up north if that was the case. Maybe next year ;)

Goes to show what kind of parents too... :roll:
Not sure I know how to take your reply :?:
SuperStuds

Post by SuperStuds »

bump
U10pops

Post by U10pops »

Stillwater beat Forest Lake.

White Bear Lake pounded Highland Park

I still hear Woodbury is good, anyone play them?
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

SO, why rank 10U teams when there is no state tourney for them? Plus having Duluth in the top 10 when they have been beat by teams that are not even ranked, not saying Duluth is not a good team which I am sure they are. I know of teams in the north that would be very strong but never get the chance to play the city teams because of local youth rules on traveling and keeping the program with even teams.

Fun to see the reasoning on where the teams should be ranked. But with 10U hockey you never know which team is going to show up to play. Games can go either way most of the time.

Carry on :o
U10pops

Post by U10pops »

lrugland wrote:SO, why rank 10U teams when there is no state tourney for them? Plus having Duluth in the top 10 when they have been beat by teams that are not even ranked, not saying Duluth is not a good team which I am sure they are. I know of teams in the north that would be very strong but never get the chance to play the city teams because of local youth rules on traveling and keeping the program with even teams.

Fun to see the reasoning on where the teams should be ranked. But with 10U hockey you never know which team is going to show up to play. Games can go either way most of the time.

Carry on :o
very true

At the U10 level, when 2 good teams are playing it is VERY rarely 6-5 and almost always 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 type games. Obviously in these type of games anyone can beat anyone. You get 8-0 mismatches but when good vs good there are just very few teams that can score big vs other good skating teams.

Duluth hosts a ton of very good teams in January, so they get to prove themselves head to head.
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

U10pops wrote: very true

At the U10 level, when 2 good teams are playing it is VERY rarely 6-5 and almost always 1-0, 2-1, 3-2 type games. Obviously in these type of games anyone can beat anyone. You get 8-0 mismatches but when good vs good there are just very few teams that can score big vs other good skating teams.

Duluth hosts a ton of very good teams in January, so they get to prove themselves head to head.
Sure wish we could make the trip to Duluth for that tourney. It is always a great one for the 10U. Just like a state tourney for them.
SuperStuds

Post by SuperStuds »

bump
U10pops

this week

Post by U10pops »

White Bear Lake plays Forest Lake tonight and Stillwater Wed. Those should both be great games.
U10pops

Post by U10pops »

BTW, Andover will beat Lakeville North by at least 10. It won't be close...no comparision. I have seen both.
U10pops

Post by U10pops »

White Bear Lake 2
Forest Lake 0
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

U10pops wrote:White Bear Lake 2
Forest Lake 0
Looks like Giese had another shutout. Good goalie WBL has!
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

White Bear Lake 3
Stillwater 0

Another shutout for WBL. Good job girls!
U10pops

Post by U10pops »

lrugland wrote:White Bear Lake 3
Stillwater 0

Another shutout for WBL. Good job girls!
Very good goalie. I heard she came from Roseau or somewhere north? WBL is very deserving of the #2 spot, very good defensively,goaltenting and skate well.
U10pops

Post by U10pops »

Top 10 head to head

Edina beat WBL
Edina beat Wayzata

Wayzata lost to WBL
Wayzata lost to Edina

WBL beat Wayzata
WBL tied Andover
WBL beat Stillwater
WBL beat Forest Lake

Stillwater beat Andover
Stillwater beat Forest Lake
Stillwater lost to WBL

Andover tied WBL
Andover lost to Stillwater

Forest Lake lost to Stillwater
Forest Lake lost to WBL

Any other head to head matchups with the top 10?
lrugland

Post by lrugland »

U10pops wrote:
Very good goalie. I heard she came from Roseau or somewhere north? WBL is very deserving of the #2 spot, very good defensively,goaltenting and skate well.
Yep, I was her coach last winter and this past summer. Good goalie and great person. Very fun to be around, so are her parents ;) We miss her up here......

Looks like there are some great matchups down there this winter. Awesome!
SuperStuds

WBL SCORES

Post by SuperStuds »

I believe these are correct

Mpls Storm- 3
Eagan- 0
I think Eagan outshot Mpls

Andover #4- 6
Lakeville North-0
Andover outshot Lakeville 36-3

#1 Edina-2
#6 Westonka-3
Upset Alert!!! Congrats Westonka!!

#5 WBL-7
Prior Lake/Savage 0
U10pops

Post by U10pops »

U10pops wrote:Top 10 head to head

Edina beat WBL
Edina beat Wayzata

Wayzata lost to WBL
Wayzata lost to Edina

WBL beat Wayzata
WBL tied Andover
WBL beat Stillwater
WBL beat Forest Lake

Stillwater beat Andover
Stillwater beat Forest Lake
Stillwater lost to WBL

Andover tied WBL
Andover lost to Stillwater

Forest Lake lost to Stillwater
Forest Lake lost to WBL

Any other head to head matchups with the top 10?
Westonka beats Edina
Westonka beats White Bear Lake OT
Westonka beats Mpls Stars OT

Mpls Stars beat Andover

White Bear Lake beats Andover 5-0
U10pops

Post by U10pops »

Your new top 10 is about exactly what I would say...other than Lakeville South...not sure how they have done. I heard they were good but I have not seen any scores so no clue.
SuperStuds

Post by SuperStuds »

bump