THE REEBOK CLASH AAA INVATATIONAL MAY 11-13

Discussion of Minnesota Girls Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

36Guy

THE REEBOK CLASH AAA INVATATIONAL MAY 11-13

Post by 36Guy »

The Reebok Clash tournament is filling up. We have 4 spots left at 16U. 3 at 14U and 3 at 12U. There will be 10 teams per age group and be guaranteed 5 games. I got an early jump on recruiting teams I am confident you will not find a tournament with more quality and outstate/Canadian teams. For information or registration go to teamreebokhockey.com and click on The Clash or email me at teamreeebokhockey@yahoo.com[/b]
panpan111

Post by panpan111 »

Bump
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

What does "invite" mean when it comes to these tournaments? I would not have expected open invitations to be posted around hockey rinks or on a forum, for what seems like a first-come-first-served, after all it "is filling up". This tourney got a fair amount of coverage this spring for having all the talent that is the talent, including some pretty condescending posts congratulating the winner of the Meltdown. Does the country club have a monkey outside with a sandwich board that reads "Come on in to join our exclusive club"?
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

Wow...a lot of bitterness, youth hockey must have been tuff on you. This is an invite and we try and promote it to everyone because our country club is open to the public. The more people know about it the better the competition. Coaches that are realistic have called me and said that they are having a down year and perhaps this tourny would not be a good fit. We had the top 3 teams in the state play in both divisions last year along with teams from Canada, Chicago, Wisconsin and North Dakota. I have reached our to some other teams I have met along the way and they are coming down too. I run this tournament and I respect where people choose to go and I did not criticize anyone else's success..ie the Meltdown. We are simply trying to host the most difficult local tournament. This was an invitation made in good faith to all to either apply for the tournament or decline either is just fine. Perhaps in the future you could focus your skepicism on bridges you have burned elsewhere.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Seems early for this s__t already. It's not even Thanksgiving. WOW!!!!!!!
36Guy

Post by 36Guy »

Old goalie85...... I am like an old fat farm cat. I would prefer to just wag my tail mind my own business. But when poked at I stand my ground. I agree let's keep it positive and you have my word " I will never cast the first stone"
Peace, 36guy
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

I was willing to leave well-enough alone, but...

First, OG has some nerve attempting to be the voice of reason.

Second, 36Guy, I'm not quite sure whether you've been a fat cat on the sidelines for so many years, or if you needed a new moniker for promoting a tourney because your usual name would evoke negative connotations - I don't really care. You pointed out that you needed teams for a tournament, for which a couple excited parents had months ago blown a pretty loud horn, which included cutting down some other teams. Haven't been able to do the math of the top 3 MN teams + teams from neighboring states and provinces + plus some other teams = not enough teams for a tourney; bad at math. Also not sure which bridge you're talking about.

Third, I realize most of you that frequent the girls side are accustomed to rainbows and unicorns, and anything past the sea of twirly-swirly gumdrops makes you nervous...so I apologize.