Best Burger?

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

tomASS

Re: Best Burger?

Post by tomASS »

Govs93 wrote:

Gorgeous.

That's the minnhock road trip.

LOOK AT ALL THAT FLAT LAND FOR SOCCER FIELDS!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
fighting all who rob or plunder
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

tomASS wrote:
Govs93 wrote:

Gorgeous.

Great. After the Minnhock carvan pulls into the parking lot to enjoy a little tailgating, you can run around out there kicking your balls.
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Can we get back to burgers :lol:

Little place up in Isanti... Wintergreen's they serve a 1/2 lb hand made burger, put some swiss and shrooms on it, fantastic! :D
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:Can we get back to burgers :lol:

Little place up in Isanti... Wintergreen's they serve a 1/2 lb hand made burger, put some swiss and shrooms on it, fantastic! :D
My brother lives right down the street from there... great golf simulators and beer, but the food didn't do much for me.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

The Brookside Bar and Grill, Marine on the St. Croix.

Burgers are fabulous, extensive imported beer selection, quaint outdoor dining.

Great ice cream shop up the street for desert...
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Govs93 wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:Can we get back to burgers :lol:

My brother lives right down the street from there... great golf simulators and beer, but the food didn't do much for me.
Yeah the guy I was with had a chicken sandwich..... mehhh! he said not so hot, but the burger!! it was great. Try it next time.
Plus they have pull tabs in the machine :roll:
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

Monks Bar in the wisconsin dells.

amazing, plus it is surrounded in packers memorabilia, which makes me happy
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

sachishi4 wrote:Monks Bar in the wisconsin dells.

amazing, plus it is surrounded in packers memorabilia, which makes me happy
Pretty good burgers there.

The Packers' junk made us want to leave.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Neutron 14 wrote:The Brookside Bar and Grill, Marine on the St. Croix.

Burgers are fabulous, extensive imported beer selection, quaint outdoor dining.

Great ice cream shop up the street for desert...
I'll have to journey that way. Seems to me that down river in Stillwater, The Freight House has a pretty good burger too, and they have their own beer that's pretty good too. Just have to eat early enough to get the hell out of there before the nightclub crowd starts rolling in.

If I can ever talk Mrs. Govs out of ever leaving the west side of town, we're heading for the St. Croix somewhere. I love that area for reasons that Neut outlined.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Govs93 wrote:If I can ever talk Mrs. Govs out of ever leaving the west side of town, we're heading for the St. Croix somewhere. I love that area for reasons that Neut outlined.
I like to avoid the Stillwater traffic. Take Hwy 96 east out of WB, go past the north side of the lake, White Bear Yacht Club, Dellwood Hills CC, Pistols house etc.. In about 10 miles you get to Hwy 95 just north of Stillwater. Head north along the river. Fabulous scenery all the way to Taylors Falls.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

On second thought Govs, you might not want Mrs. Govs to see some of those houses on 96...
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

If you're out by that part of town, hit up the apple orchard. Everything there is good.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

sachishi4 wrote:if youre out that part of town, hit up the apple orchard. Everything there is good
Pine Tree or Aamodt's? Aamodt's has those great apple brats... and the winery for people like Neut & PB. Need to start brewing some cider in that place though - it's all that's missing.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

I have always enjoyed Pine Tree. You really can't go wrong with the food they have there.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Govs93 wrote:
tomASS wrote:
Govs93 wrote:

Gorgeous.

Great. After the Minnhock carvan pulls into the parking lot to enjoy a little tailgating, you can run around out there kicking your balls.
That one made me laugh out loud. Thanks Govs, I needed that.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

State Champ 97 wrote:
Govs93 wrote:
tomASS wrote:

It sure is nice to have tom back... we were sorely lacking soccer jokes for a few weeks there. :D
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Govs93 wrote:
State Champ 97 wrote:
Govs93 wrote: Great. After the Minnhock carvan pulls into the parking lot to enjoy a little tailgating, you can run around out there kicking your balls.
It sure is nice to have tom back... we were sorely lacking soccer jokes for a few weeks there. :D
Well since we ignore circleboy, its good having a target again. He serves 'em right up too! :lol:
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

ok - one don't even mention me in the same post as HSstupidtalker or I will have to go off the top rope on you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

second, I didn't play baseball but if I had my best pitch would have been a hanging curve ball.

Gov's I'm trying to think what we have out west here. I mentioned the one that went out of business, hmmmmmmm

Moorhead - Mick's Office for a Mick Burger
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

there should be a state burger cook-off. If for no other reason then to eat and have a cold beer. :lol:
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

tomASS wrote:ok - one don't even mention me in the same post as HSstupidtalker or I will have to go off the top rope on you. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

second, I didn't play baseball but if I had my best pitch would have been a hanging curve ball.

Gov's I'm trying to think what we have out west here. I mentioned the one that went out of business, hmmmmmmm

Moorhead - Mick's Office for a Mick Burger
You know a couple of places that have decent burgers that are easy on the wallet out west? You can only get them during the summer, so you can't OD on them either...

The Minnetonka Drive-In in Spring Park, and the Peppermint Twist in Delano. The Peppermint Twist is kind of geared toward kids (as evidenced by the website's color scheme), but the Delano burger is a killer, and the homemade root beer at the Minnetonka Drive-In is worth the trip alone. I think we paid something like $7 for a gallon to take home.
sinbin006

Post by sinbin006 »

The next time you're in Becida, stop by the Becida Tavern. Not much for eye candy, but the food is great and the beer is cold :P
who_b_dat

Post by who_b_dat »

Govs93 wrote:
AngusYoung wrote:Thanks for the tip on Alary's btw. All in all, I would like to have one of the "burgers" walking around that joint - the "uniforms" certainly get better after 8:00 - wow.

AY 8)
You're welcome. I've always enjoyed the *ahem* atmosphere there.
For those that that like *scenery and ambiance* with their burger, I can vouch for Govs and AY's comment that you can't miss with this place in downtown St. Paul.

Here's a few pics of the waitstaff. http://www.alarys.com/staff.htm Too bad the "livecam" hasn't ever worked that I know of. On 2nd thought- Im glad that dang thing doesnt work :lol:

1 word of caution. Dont act the fool in here. It's a off hours copper hang out.
SB24

Post by SB24 »

hawkfan70 wrote:The Anchor Bar
Superior WI
As soon as i saw this thread that's the place that popped into my head. What a burger...big as your head, just as greasy and very tastey! Any toppings you want. And of course very cheap and very questionable...the perfect burger :!:
RIP suzy 12.10.2006 - 2.27.2008
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

sinbin006 wrote:The next time you're in Becida, stop by the Becida Tavern. Not much for eye candy, but the food is great and the beer is cold :P
There is a little eye candy there on the right nights. The prime rib on Friday and Saturday nights is very good as well.
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

If any of you ever make a stop in the Northern hockey hotbed of St. Cloud there are two places I would recommend.

If you're looking for a fast food burger, Burger Time is always a solid choice.

If you're looking for more of a sit-down resturant with a darn good burger, hit up H.R. Pesty's. It's a blue collar bar but it turns out some great burgers.
The U invented swagger.