6AA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

minnhock1228

6AA

Post by minnhock1228 »

Who do you think is going to win
Jacketfan06

Post by Jacketfan06 »

i think its down to four teams.. minnetonka, hopkins, eden prairie, and benilde st margarets. since you asked who is going to win it ill go with minnetonka.
Irish11

Post by Irish11 »

'tonka
Go Ahead and Hate the Irish! They'll Prove You Wrong!!
DasCondor

Post by DasCondor »

its gonna be a nuts game tonka vs benilde in championship, unless someone gets majorly upset before...

tonka will win 8)
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

DasCondor wrote:its gonna be a nuts game tonka vs benilde in championship, unless someone gets majorly upset before...

tonka will win 8)
I wouldn't count out Hopkins just yet.
DasCondor

Post by DasCondor »

Slap Shot wrote:
DasCondor wrote:its gonna be a nuts game tonka vs benilde in championship, unless someone gets majorly upset before...

tonka will win 8)

thats why i said unless someone gets majorly upset, and i would consider a loss to hopkins an upset even though their goalie is amazing
fiveforfighting

Post by fiveforfighting »

TONKA!!
Puck the Gophers
PASTRAPIDSFAN

Post by PASTRAPIDSFAN »

fiveforfighting wrote:TONKA!!
Me too TONKA
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

I'm hoping for a Minnetonka vs. Eden Prairie section final for the 6PM title game at Mariucci, then for 2AA title game at 8PM I hope it's Edina vs. Jefferson.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

DasCondor wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:

tonka will win 8)
thats why i said unless someone gets majorly upset...
I'm aware of your qualifier but since Hopkins already beat Minnetonka once it's not clear why you'd refer to another win over Minnetonka as a, "major upset".
BlueLiner

Post by BlueLiner »

I hope to see EP vs. BSM in the final.

BSM taking the section!
DasCondor

Post by DasCondor »

Slap Shot wrote:
DasCondor wrote:
Slap Shot wrote: I wouldn't count out Hopkins just yet.
thats why i said unless someone gets majorly upset...
I'm aware of your qualifier but since Hopkins already beat Minnetonka once it's not clear why you'd refer to another win over Minnetonka as a, "major upset".

did you watch that game? I was there and minnetonka completely outplayed hopkins and is clearly the better team so YES it was an upset and YES it would be an upset if it happened again and next time they played minnetonka won 3-1 with 47 shots to hopkins 14 shots and when minnetonka lost to hopkins they almost had 50 shots

i dont really get your point, im not saying it couldnt happen( considering how good their goalie is) im saying it would be an upset.
hockeyxprt1

Post by hockeyxprt1 »

Here's the way I see the seeding going down.

1.) Minnetonka
2.) Hopkins
3.) BSM
4.) Eden Prarie
5.) Wayzata
6.) Armstrong
7.) Cooper
8/9.) Mpls West/East

Yes, BSM at #3 is a crime but it would not surprise me at all. They never get any respect in seeding. I predict the top 4 will advance with Hopkins being the only question mark. They have had close games with both Armstrong and Wayzata already this year. With that said, I see Tonka and BSM facing off in the final. I give a slight edge to the Red Knights after they got robbed in their previous meeting. Should be excellent hockey throughout all rounds.
DasCondor

Post by DasCondor »

if the seedings are like that wouldnt tonka and bsm face off in the semis? and i would be highly suprised if hopkins gets seeded higher than bsm
hockeyxprt1

Post by hockeyxprt1 »

If the top 4 advance, Tonka would play Eden Prarie in the semi's (1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3).
DasCondor

Post by DasCondor »

hockeyxprt1 wrote:If the top 4 advance, Tonka would play Eden Prarie in the semi's (1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3).
thanks
Circles

Post by Circles »

DasCondor wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:
DasCondor wrote: thats why i said unless someone gets majorly upset...

did you watch that game? I was there and minnetonka completely outplayed hopkins and is clearly the better team so YES it was an upset and YES it would be an upset if it happened again and next time they played minnetonka won 3-1 with 47 shots to hopkins 14 shots and when minnetonka lost to hopkins they almost had 50 shots

i dont really get your point, im not saying it couldnt happen( considering how good their goalie is) im saying it would be an upset.

All you do is bash Hopkins, you need to accept the fact that you got beat by a good team. Not a better team, but a good team that is not a huge underdog to anyone.

Lets remember goalies are part of the team, its not lucky to have a better goalie as you have implied on numerous occasions.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Circles wrote:
DasCondor wrote:
Slap Shot wrote: I'm aware of your qualifier but since Hopkins already beat Minnetonka once it's not clear why you'd refer to another win over Minnetonka as a, "major upset".

All you do is bash Hopkins, you need to accept the fact that you got beat by a good team. Not a better team, but a good team that is not a huge underdog to anyone.

Lets remember goalies are part of the team, its not lucky to have a better goalie as you have implied on numerous occasions.
It's how most teams end up winning titles. Don't ever discount a hot goalie during the playoffs.
DasCondor

Post by DasCondor »

ive said it before il say it again hopkins has a really good goalie

my opinion is... that wont be good enough to beat minntonka (again) or benilde.. in sections

unless.. like you guys are saying teams and (goalies) becoming hot at the right moment, if for some reason their offense gets real hot real fast and yea i dont like to admit their a good team because when minnetonka plays them its in hopkins zone 95% of the time
and the goalie isnt the WHOLE Team, he may be a major part but for them to win the offense needs score a lot in sections
Circles

Post by Circles »

DasCondor wrote:ive said it before il say it again hopkins has a really good goalie

my opinion is... that wont be good enough to beat minntonka (again) or benilde.. in sections

unless.. like you guys are saying teams and (goalies) becoming hot at the right moment, if for some reason their offense gets real hot real fast and yea i dont like to admit their a good team because when minnetonka plays them its in hopkins zone 95% of the time
and the goalie isnt the WHOLE Team, he may be a major part but for them to win the offense needs score a lot in sections
Yeah 95% LOL.

Hopkins has shown they can play with Tonka and Edina, even outplaying both teams for portions of the game.

I guess all we can do now is wait and see if they meet again in sections.
DasCondor

Post by DasCondor »

ive got to admit i was really suprised how hopkins almost came back to win that game.. too bad edina's first line alone beat them.. shows edinas depth..or i should say lack of.. but again they are 22-1, they get the job done