Top JGB teams

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

what does commend mean. Haha i have no idea.
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

it means to congradulate in formal kinda way
irishfan08

Post by irishfan08 »

Sauce2122 wrote:WBhockey, i know your not trying to rip on lakeville but your theory on lakeville losing is off. Ya 7 and 8 score most of lakevilles goals but look at the game tonight, we played Osseo Maple Grove, not a top contender but still a respectable team. There was 3 goals by our first line, two by our THIRD line, one by our second, and two by the defense. Our third line does have weak players but they can hang in JGB.

Also, you say that when we play a good team we will lose
We've beaten Edina twice, both close but still twice wins. The second win we were down and our number 7 put the entire team on his back and pulled us up to win.
we beat buffalo, minnetonka, OMG, and plenty of other teams that have been ranked or are ranked to prove that

So who are you talking about when you say that we will lose, "when we play a good team"
dont listen to WBhockey08 we all kno lakeville runs the table this season and hudson could prolly beat the PLEASE BAN ME out of most teams in the metro minus edina and rave D8 this season isnt that weak im guessing two out of the top 5 places in state goto D8 teams
What Can Brown do for You?
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

ok. i just agreed that lakeville was a good team why r u saying that i dont say that
irishfan08

Post by irishfan08 »

WBhockey08 wrote:ok. i just agreed that lakeville was a good team why r u saying that i dont say that
i guess i might hav been wrong about wessys after i heard u guys were beating RAVE the entire game til they tied it with ten seconds left? and i was reffering how u said they had lack of depth once u play this lakeville team u will kno the best team in the state...
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

irishfan08 wrote:
WBhockey08 wrote:ok. i just agreed that lakeville was a good team why r u saying that i dont say that
i guess i might hav been wrong about wessys after i heard u guys were beating RAVE the entire game til they tied it with ten seconds left? and i was reffering how u said they had lack of depth once u play this lakeville team u will kno the best team in the state...
It was the other way around; RAVE was up then Wessy's tied it with 10 seconds left. They are a hard-nosed gritty team that could do some damage in the next month if the goalie who played last night stays hot.
WBhockey08

Post by WBhockey08 »

irishfan08 wrote:
it was the other way aaround, but still thanks.
Hockeyfan69

Post by Hockeyfan69 »

i am from rochester.......i think rave is cheap they got 3 cities combined in 1........we barely could get a team together......they might as well play junior gold A.........o yea i killed a kid in a fight in the albert lea tournament and he is from rosemount he was playing for igh the team that won state........i got 3 for beating him up and he got 8 for stabbing me
irishfan08

Post by irishfan08 »

Hockeyfan69 wrote:i am from rochester.......i think rave is cheap they got 3 cities combined in 1........we barely could get a team together......they might as well play junior gold A.........o yea i killed a kid in a fight in the albert lea tournament and he is from rosemount he was playing for igh the team that won state........i got 3 for beating him up and he got 8 for stabbing me
o PLEASE BAN ME dude that was u that kid was on our team last year haha
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

Hockeyfan69 wrote:i am from rochester.......i think rave is cheap they got 3 cities combined in 1........we barely could get a team together......they might as well play junior gold A.........o yea i killed a kid in a fight in the albert lea tournament and he is from rosemount he was playing for igh the team that won state........i got 3 for beating him up and he got 8 for stabbing me
Read the post on page 1 of this thread about RAVE.
Sauce2122

Post by Sauce2122 »

just because RAVE technically COULD have three cities doesnt mean they do. Also, they are combined because because of the lack of numbers, just since they could have three schools, doesnt mean they're getting 70 kids showing up to tryouts, you wouldnt say anything if they were losing.

Watch, in a few years rochester will have a dominate team and a kid like you from another town will complain just because the team will be winning. Read the entire thread before you comment.
p-pups10

Post by p-pups10 »

Sauce2122 wrote:just because RAVE technically COULD have three cities doesnt mean they do. Also, they are combined because because of the lack of numbers, just since they could have three schools, doesnt mean they're getting 70 kids showing up to tryouts, you wouldnt say anything if they were losing.

Watch, in a few years rochester will have a dominate team and a kid like you from another town will complain just because the team will be winning. Read the entire thread before you comment.
What kind of a loser has the time to read a 4 page thread.
LakevilleHcky08

Post by LakevilleHcky08 »

He said page 1 where the thread starts you moron! If you could read I think you would have been able to comprehend that!
UNDlars

Post by UNDlars »

Since it seems some people can't find where the previous post I was referencing is:

Just to set the record straight .. RAVE does stand for Rosemount, Apple Valley and Eastview. We haven't had a Rosemount player for atleast 5 years now but through the cost of jeserys we decided not to change our name. We had 22 players tryout this year (4 from Eastview and 18 Apple Valley). We kept 17 skaters and 2 goalies and the others are currently playing for the Rosemount U-16 team.

Because our name contains 3 schools doesn't necessarily mean what some of you think. We have 15 Apple Valley and 4 Eastview players and find it hard to believe that other teams dont have a mix from different schools themselves. As a matter of a fact I know that the majority of all teams do.

To avoid confusion and people thinking that we are pulling from 3 schools, think of it this way: we represent the city of Apple Valley that contains two fairly large high schools (Apple Valley/Eastview). So much like Lakeville, we get the next best 70 skaters or so that live in Apple Valley.
Hockeyfan69

Post by Hockeyfan69 »

my bad man i didnt kno it was like that u think we would b good 2 but everyone in r city quits if they dont make high skool.......if u think about it we should have at least 2 junior gold teams
MNHockeyStats

Post by MNHockeyStats »

Hockeyfan69 wrote:my bad man i didnt kno it was like that u think we would b good 2 but everyone in r city quits if they dont make high skool.......if u think about it we should have at least 2 junior gold teams
Sadly, I think a lot of high school hockey players quit (after being cut from their HS team) rather than play JG. This is really a shame because there is still a lot of great hockey happening at this level. In fact, most of the top lines that I've seen this year could easily be playing Varsity somewhere.

I'm happy there are still kids out there that want to play - no matter what the level. Hockey is the best sport on earth and if you're a hockey player - you should be playing somewhere!
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

MNHockeyStats wrote: Sadly, I think a lot of high school hockey players quit (after being cut from their HS team) rather than play JG. This is really a shame because there is still a lot of great hockey happening at this level. In fact, most of the top lines that I've seen this year could easily be playing Varsity somewhere.
true statement.. i played 3 years of jv and var for holy angels to get the last senior cut, the AHA coach is shooting himself in the foot because he cut a bunch of seniors... holy angels didnt have a good season so it looks like he made the right decsision.
freighttrain

Post by freighttrain »

MNHockeyStats wrote:
Hockeyfan69 wrote:my bad man i didnt kno it was like that u think we would b good 2 but everyone in r city quits if they dont make high skool.......if u think about it we should have at least 2 junior gold teams
Sadly, I think a lot of high school hockey players quit (after being cut from their HS team) rather than play JG. This is really a shame because there is still a lot of great hockey happening at this level. In fact, most of the top lines that I've seen this year could easily be playing Varsity somewhere.

I'm happy there are still kids out there that want to play - no matter what the level. Hockey is the best sport on earth and if you're a hockey player - you should be playing somewhere!

We had that happen here in IGH 4 years ago. There where 4-5 kids cut from the high school team and all of them just quit hockey. A couple were very good hockey players.
MNHockeyStats

Post by MNHockeyStats »

Sorry to hear about being cut, you guys. It really bothers me that - that happens to so many gifted players that deserve to play at that level.

Some HS coaches will cut the experienced seniors and replace them with similar ability underclassman. What those coaches neglect to understand is that the underclassman, although they may have similar abilities, are less mature than the Seniors and they tend to panic under pressure. Just look at several of the HS playoff games where teams that "should have won" LOST. As I watched several of these recent games play out - I realized that so many of the mistakes and breakdowns were due to younger, less poised players.

I saw a recent post on another site where a scout was complaining about this very same thing. He posed the question... "How many College Coaches cut Seniors for underclassman?" The point being - if college coaches don't cut their seniors - why would a High School coach cut his???
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

Eh ya but you have to make the best of it. At the jr gold level i have 60+ goals and close to 90 points this season.. and who says the only fun hockey is highschool....
MNHockeyStats

Post by MNHockeyStats »

FBK19 wrote:Eh ya but you have to make the best of it. At the jr gold level i have 60+ goals and close to 90 points this season.. and who says the only fun hockey is highschool....
I'm glad you're making the best of it. Understand that coaches are human and they make mistakes (although they'd never admit it!) I'm sure there are several coaches sitting around right now - scratching their heads and thinking... "I wish I hadn't cut so & so because maybe we'd be heading to Xcel."

You guys that got cut - know in your heart that you're quality hockey players and keep playing this great game as long as you can.
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

Its all good though, me and WBhockey08 are going to Russia to play this summer. And i have to say its a blast.
MNHockeyStats

Post by MNHockeyStats »

FBK19 wrote:Its all good though, me and WBhockey08 are going to Russia to play this summer. And i have to say its a blast.
Sounds like a great experience. Do they really push skating technique there like in years past? I really admire the style and quality of hockey that comes from that region of the world.

Have fun boys!
p-pups10

Post by p-pups10 »

LakevilleHcky08 wrote:He said page 1 where the thread starts you moron! If you could read I think you would have been able to comprehend that!
I dont see page 1 anywhere in the text that i quoted you MORON! but i do see entire thread right in the text, i think i know how to read. :roll:
FBK19

Post by FBK19 »

MNHockeyStats wrote:Sounds like a great experience. Do they really push skating technique there like in years past? I really admire the style and quality of hockey that comes from that region of the world.

Have fun boys!
Yes, its more skating and such. Americans tend to focus on stickhandling and such, Eurpeans focus on movement and skating. Overall though the hockey is awesome.