Minnesota Vikings vs. Atlanta Falcons - WEEK 1

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Govs93

Minnesota Vikings vs. Atlanta Falcons - WEEK 1

Post by Govs93 »

Following the lead of boblee's Twins threads, here's a thread for the Vikes week 1 game.

For whatever it's worth, I have to think this will be a relatively low scoring game, with the Vikings defense being the difference. Vikes start the season 1-0 winning 13-10.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

I agree with you Govs. That was exactly my predicted score from the trouble on opening day thread. I will also add I think it will be a defensive TD for the Vikes.
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

This morning's line has the Falcons as a 3 point dog.

If Gov's score holds, not only would the Vikes win, but they'd cover.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Irishmans Shanty wrote:This morning's line has the Falcons as a 3 point dog.

If Gov's score holds, not only would the Vikes win, but they'd cover.
I'm not much of a gamblin' man, but I've heard the home team almost always gives 3 points, so does that mean this game is pretty much a pick 'em?
Last edited by Govs93 on Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

I'll take the under, whatever it is....
The only soft spot I see is the one between my legs
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Well being an optimist.......I'm going with our Vikes.
I actually think that they're going to suprise us and win this by 10 pts. and I'll take the over...
I am usually not that good at picks :oops: so I'm going with it's just a hunch :?

We'll see...... I assume this will make for some good bored chatter either way.

Go Vikes!

8)
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:Well being an optimist.......I'm going with our Vikes.
I actually think that they're going to suprise us and win this by 10 pts. and I'll take the over...
I am usually not that good at picks :oops: so I'm going with it's just a hunch :?

We'll see...... I assume this will make for some good bored chatter either way.

Go Vikes!

8)
Started your Football Sunday with a couple dozen Bloody Marys, did ya?! :wink:
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Actually 13-10 would be a push.

The home team generally gets 3 points in the NFL - meaning if the game was played on a neutral field this Vikings game would be a "pick 'em", no advantage either way. In college the 3 points isn't a given and from what I can tell certain teams like the Colts get more than 3 at home. Because you play division opponents twice the difference should be a total of 6 (-3 at home, +3 on the road) and with the Colts it's been closer to 9.

The Over/Under is 35, an exremely low number historically for anyone but the Ravens. However there are a lot of sub 40 O/U's this week. As good as the Vikings sefense was and as poor as their offense was last year the Vikings went under the number only 2 times last season after week 4 and the Vikings were 4-8 in those games.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

goldy313 wrote:Actually 13-10 would be a push.

The home team generally gets 3 points in the NFL - meaning if the game was played on a neutral field this Vikings game would be a "pick 'em", no advantage either way. In college the 3 points isn't a given and from what I can tell certain teams like the Colts get more than 3 at home. Because you play division opponents twice the difference should be a total of 6 (-3 at home, +3 on the road) and with the Colts it's been closer to 9.

The Over/Under is 35, an exremely low number historically for anyone but the Ravens. However there are a lot of sub 40 O/U's this week. As good as the Vikings sefense was and as poor as their offense was last year the Vikings went under the number only 2 times last season after week 4 and the Vikings were 4-8 in those games.
Lordy. We found our board prognosticator. Nice goldy!

Whoa... even more surprising is that Bill Cowher just picked the Vikes as his sleeper for the season on CBS... thinks they're a playoff team.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Govs93 wrote:
Whoa... even more surprising is that Bill Cowher just picked the Vikes as his sleeper for the season on CBS... thinks they're a playoff team.
Sleeper is the right word, but the context is all wrong....
Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Govs93 wrote:

I like his way of thinking..........:D and no bloody's yet!!! Ok I snuk in a couple lite beers in anticipation while getting 1/2 time food rolling :o but it's opening weekend c'mon.

8)
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Govs93 wrote:

I like his way of thinking..........:D and no bloody's yet!!! Ok I snuk in a couple lite beers in anticipation while getting 1/2 time food rolling :o but it's opening weekend c'mon.

It's all good.
[/b]
Irishmans Shanty

Go for it on 4th down Childress! One ATL completion and a roughing the QB penalty negates the punt.
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

TOUCHDOWN! Interception return for a TD by Kevin Williams.[/b]
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

State Champ 97 wrote:I agree with you Govs. That was exactly my predicted score from the trouble on opening day thread. I will also add I think it will be a defensive TD for the Vikes.
$$$$$$$$$
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

:D :wink:
Irishmans Shanty

State Champ 97 wrote:TOUCHDOWN! Interception return for a TD by Kevin Williams.[/b]
Any flags on the play?
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Irishmans Shanty wrote:
State Champ 97 wrote:TOUCHDOWN! Interception return for a TD by Kevin Williams.[/b]
Any flags on the play?
Nada.
Irishmans Shanty

Viking horn sound.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Joey, Joey, Joey.....
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Kevin Williams is having a great game. 1 INT 54 yards for TD, 1 tackle, 1 assisted tackle, reeking havoc up the middle with Pat Williams allowing EJ Henderson to get two sacks so far. 4:00 left in the half.

FG Atl. 7-3 Vikes.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

State Champ 97 wrote:
FG Atl. 7-3 Vikes.
Huh? Wide right. 7-0
State Champ 97

Post by State Champ 97 »

Oops :oops: I thought it should be automatic from there. My bad. 7-0 Vikes.
Irishmans Shanty

State Champ 97 wrote:Oops :oops: I thought it should be automatic from there. My bad. 7-0 Vikes.
Don't forget those tricky indoor air currents of The Dome that Gary Anderson and that Gianinni character have battled over the years.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

1st half stat - Moss 4 catches, 87 yards