BEST player U HASNT gotten

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hubbaa

allie...

Post by hubbaa »

411,<br><br>i really don't understand when you deem it "unfair" when someone voices their opinion on another player. i also believe she is the best player coming out of this class, is it "unfair" that i hold that opinion? Or do i have to hold all the players are equal? does this then mean that all players must get a d-1 scholarship because if they don't this certainly would be "unfair" also? <p></p><i></i>
Icallthemasiseethem

Re: BEST PLAYER U HASN'T GOTTEN

Post by Icallthemasiseethem »

411,<br><br> IMO Allie is the best coming out of this class. <p></p><i></i>
ARM

Unfair?

Post by ARM »

hubbaa, While I'd tend to agree with you that A.T. is the top player going into her senior season, I can also relate to what 411 is saying. By using all caps on "THE", I took it to mean that someone could have a differing opinion on who the top player is, and it isn't an open and shut case. Maybe "unfair" wasn't the best choice of words, but your last two sentences seem to me to be going off on a tangent. <p></p><i></i>
hubbaa

unfair?

Post by hubbaa »

arm,<br><br>maybe 411 choose a poor word, i don't know. tangent? i guess if this is "unfair" you have to realize that nothing is "fair" in what anyone says or does about anything.... <p></p><i></i>
ARM

The Pitfalls of Online Communication

Post by ARM »

Hubbaa, I didn't mean that you were unfair. This forum wants a subject, and half of the time I don't know what to put in that field. In any case, enjoy your SSP season. They are in a similar position as the Gophs this year -- no longer the big favorite, just another team in the hunt. <p></p><i></i>
hubbaa

arm

Post by hubbaa »

arm,<br><br>i realize you didn't intend to mean i was unfair. it just seems at times when one offers an opinion all sorts of strange accusations fall from the pc liberal crowd. i don't mean 411 is of this ilk, as stated above i think the choice of words may have not of been an accurate indication of what was intended.<br><br>should be a very interesting season with many teams capable of the prize. <p></p><i></i>
brookyone

Re: Lindsay Block

Post by brookyone »

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Lindsay is similar in style to Whit Graft and will probably get as much ice. She is a dedicated hard worker and is excited to keep learning the college game.<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END--> <br>That's two "hard worker" comments from respected observers of the game. Always good to hear. Hard / non stop workers who give 110% are frequently my favorite players and every team needs them. Also figures to be more ice time for the frosh & soph class this season. I appreciate the comments. <br><br>Regarding some of the recruiting discussion, the picture should be much clearer next year this time...if / if not anyone will be returning. Based on the outcome of those current intangibles we'll see if the U isn't more aggressive at recruiting in their backyard...I suspect they will be. <p></p><i></i>
The machine took my quart

Re: Lindsay Block

Post by The machine took my quart »

I agree with everything you mentioned Brooky. I have seen Block play the last few years and she has always been a solid player with nice speed, and good end to end effort. After this year I think that not only the WCHA will be a blast to follow but the U will have their work cut out for them after losing a few more games and all the rest getting much closer in talent. <p></p><i></i>
brookyone

Re: Lindsay Block & the Freshman Class

Post by brookyone »

Little quite in the forum lately...thought I'd add some filler. Here's one the U did get...<br><br><!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://www.gophersports.com/sports/play ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END--><br><br>...good catch. Go Gigi!!! Good luck in 2005-06!!! <p></p><i></i>
brookyone

Division I Debut

Post by brookyone »

Didn't want to start a whole new thread for this brief comment so thought I'd just stick it in here. This weekend is the "Big League" or NCAA division I debut for many of the players oft discussed in this forum. Nixon & McCarthy with SCSU, the Big Three with MSU-M who are playing an important NC series vs. highly ranked Mercyhurst in Erie Pa., Gigi Marvin, Dagney Willey, Kim Hanlon & Lindsay Block with #3 ranked Minnesota playing #1 ranked St. Lawrence and Keseley / Hagen with co #1 ranked UW playing a big WCHA series vs. #4 ranked UMD...just to name a few. I'd like to wish all of these players the best of luck and continued success in their rookie seasons.<br><br>Edit: Just read that Ashley Young injured her shoulder in practice and will not play vs. Mercyhurst this weekend...sorry to hear this. <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p100.ezboard.com/bmnhs.showUserP ... ookyone</A> at: 10/6/05 8:14 am<br></i>
ARM

Next Darwitz or Wendell?

Post by ARM »

Somewhere we had a discussion about when the next Natalie or Krissy would come along. While we wait, I'm very happy to watch the current Gigi. Nice start by Maggie Fisher in Erie as well. <p></p><i></i>