Percent chance LVN does not lose a game.

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

% chance LVN does not lose a game

>80%
32%
60% -80%
15%
40%-60%
8%
20%-40%
12%
<10%
32%

Total votes: 59

Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Nuts&Bolts wrote:And no I wasn't at the game but to say the game could have been 10-0 for LN (easily?) had the Eagan goalie not knocked the net off a bunch of times (easily 8?) is likely the most ridiculous thing that's been said in awhile on this bored (at least since yesterday with you and your buddy tagging LN the best team of the modern era with 11 D1 (easily?) prospects).

Oh man. Keep going! Your comments are pure gold. I literally look forward to your responses now, from now on though, please be sober when you post! You make yourself look more and more silly with everything you write. Read back through my posts in this thread, never once have I tagged LN the "best team of the modern era". If anything, I've argued against that. They have done nothing yet other than get embarrassed by Edina in state title game last yr. they have a long way to go. They have the potential to do something special here, but at this point it's potential. Nothing else. Over a yr ago I predicted this group would do some damage. I got a lot of flack on here. Those people all look wrong now. I also predicted before any commitments LN had at least 7 players who would get D1 offers.....I was laughed off of here by a lot of members on this board who seem to think they know more than college scouts/coaches and nhl central scouting. Well, here we are, over a yr later with 6 D1 commits. Mark my words closely nuts, within a month there will be at LEAST 2 more committed, bringing it to 8, and yes, eventually a few more.

There is a great chance this LN team does go undefeated into the X and a decent shot they could win the whole thing, but the bottom line is there will always be whiners and complainers and guys like you who are pissed off because of their own insecurities and will point out that "they cheated" or they "drove old coach out" or "they recruit" or "Tim poehling calls all the shots" and instead of being happy for a bunch of teenage boys who work their asses off and are having the time of their lives on the brink of something pretty rare and special you choose to point out all the perceived negative in your mind. Pretty sad and pathetic really.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

You're right except they did drive the old coach off, as soon as you throw that out there as a rumor or untruth you risk losing credibility. At least be honest about that. What happened to the former coach is an issue and continues to be an issue in all high school sports. When a small group of parents of youth players can get together and dictate district policy it is an issue. Serious enough to be looked by lawmakers.

You could also make a real valid argument Mr. Poehling does call the shots and has for more than 2 years.

Sad and pathetic? Or reality? Maybe a combination. But to deny all of it is also is pretty sad.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

goldy313 wrote:You're right except they did drive the old coach off, as soon as you throw that out there as a rumor or untruth you risk losing credibility. At least be honest about that.
No. You are wrong. The old coach drove himself out. The community demanded a coach who had a clue. Someone who actually cared about the program and the youth feeder system. Someone who had a vested interest in his players and wasn't smoke in mirrors. None of what has happened at LN in the last several years happens with the old coach and anyone who knows anything about that situation more than agrees with that goldy. End of discussion.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Ok

I know better but Ok,

Schmitz did fine, some wanted more, expected more. But as a teacher he was limited in what some wanted and what he could do, ethics play a huge part......see Owatonna wrestling The same things go on elsewhere and in other sports. I know this....the Lakeville school people were embarrassed in how it all went down with the parents and school board. Maybe that's one union member looking out for another but at any rate it made it look like the inmates run the asylum at North.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

goldy313 wrote:You're right except they did drive the old coach off, as soon as you throw that out there as a rumor or untruth you risk losing credibility. At least be honest about that. What happened to the former coach is an issue and continues to be an issue in all high school sports. When a small group of parents of youth players can get together and dictate district policy it is an issue. Serious enough to be looked by lawmakers.

You could also make a real valid argument Mr. Poehling does call the shots and has for more than 2 years.

Sad and pathetic? Or reality? Maybe a combination. But to deny all of it is also is pretty sad.
Small group of parents of youth players can get together and dictate district policy? Again, you are making statements which are CLEARLY not factual and you are either A) omitting facts or B) your game of telephone has some holes in it!

I would love to hear your "valid argument" about Tim calls the shots and has for 2 yrs. I'm all ears.

You clearly misread my previous thread as well. What i said was it was sad and pathetic that nuts and bolts chooses to bash LN and point out all the perceived negatives in his mind about recruiting and former coaching etc vs being happy for a group of kids who could do something that has only been done once before. You can all put your asterisk next to it if it happens. Maybe that will pad your fragile egos.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

goldy313 wrote:Ok

I know better but Ok,

Schmitz did fine, some wanted more, expected more. But as a teacher he was limited in what some wanted and what he could do, ethics play a huge part......see Owatonna wrestling The same things go on elsewhere and in other sports. I know this....the Lakeville school people were embarrassed in how it all went down with the parents and school board. Maybe that's one union member looking out for another but at any rate it made it look like the inmates run the asylum at North.
No. You clearly don't know better. The entire "STA exodus" with players like Jordan and Zach Schroeder, aj Reid, kroska, Clint Lewis, the Crandall brothers, Matt mcneely, etc happened because of Schmitz and his incompetence/lack of commitment to the program. They were all Lakeville youth players who need up going to sta and becoming D1 hockey players....if you don't understand what I mean by this than you shouldn't even be commenting on the "coaching change topic". There is no reason for me to elaborate here.

The way Schmitz was "let go" was a drop of the ball by the school board. Bottom line. The success the program has had in last several years can be directly correlated to eigs and a great staff/Schmitz being let go. Anyone who wants to dispute this needs to get their head evaluated.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Thanks Tim.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

goldy313 wrote:Thanks Tim.
Great rebuttal. I would probably say something stupid too and completly ignore a topic I was commenting on previously only to get called out that i clearly didn't know what I was talking about in the first place. If you dont know the facts don't open your mouth.

I better go make sure nick, Jack and Ryan are in for curfew. Got the hounds asses to kick tues night ;))
Bluelightspecial

Post by Bluelightspecial »

Sats, just when I thought we were going to get along! Everyone in the know, including yourself, knows that a group of parents led by T.P. Had everything to do with Schmitz getting canned! For the better of the program? IMO, definately!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Not going to get into this one cause not close to the specifics , except I will say Blue Lights Special's last sentence should ALWAYS be the reason coaching changes are made. As an outsider, judging by the results it appears it WAS the case in this instance.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Bluelightspecial wrote:Sats, just when I thought we were going to get along! Everyone in the know, including yourself, knows that a group of parents led by T.P. Had everything to do with Schmitz getting canned! For the better of the program? IMO, definately!
We do and will get along!! Schmitz getting canned was a long time coming. It wasn't just TP and a group of parents. TP just came in the 15th round and delivered the knock out punch! Bottom line like u said though, for the better of the program no question.

Enough if this though. They got a Randolph coached hounds team coming to town tues night in what should be a very good game.
Bluelightspecial

Post by Bluelightspecial »

Agree....
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

AA has more edge to it than A. (ex 3A thread)

Keep it up boys, it's fun reading.
:D
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Tthanks Elliott. Just gott back from tthe ttavern. Could be an epic win for tthe Hounds if a sub 500 tteam knocks off 'easily' tthe best tteam of tthe modern era. :P
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I just read the 3A thread for the first time, and I see what Elliott means!
Please put on a block so I dont accidentally post to that one! But I really do have to figure out how to see Luverne play this year.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Fun discussion but there a few things that make this more interesting in my opinion.

Randy's demise had very little to do with the players currently at north. His dismissal was engineered by a group of parents that have since had their sons graduate.

Randy was not a bad guy he simply didn't understand the expectations of parents in today's high school landscape.

RP had more input on who was named coach....that was the majority of his contribution in the coaching change.

Here's the good part!

Almost all the transfer players are intradistrict, Their arrival has come in a number of ways but it doesn't change where they came from.

The cross town team is getting fleeced and to this point nobody has been willing or able to change the leadership of that program. His short comings are very similar to the ones Schmitz was accused of.

Schmitz is now part of the south staff

Where the hell is the South AD? Best buds with the current South coach!

Kids are choosing North because the new promotes the hell out of them and is super connected in Div 1 hockey.

Can't really blame the kids for doing it, the results are easy to see

South has had two kids in the last few years make it with ZERO help from their coach...one is at UNO the other Ohio State.

You just can't make this sh$t up!
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Aren't you forgetting the one who was Mr. Hockey and currently plays for Minnesota?

It's not just a hockey question but a Minnesota high school sports question, at what point do parents expectations cross the line with the MSHSL/schools mission? There's no easy answer and times have certainly changed, most hockey coaches are no longer teachers and it's very debatable whether that has been a good change or a bad one. Who is in charge of the athletic department, the AD or the school board is also another aspect of this whole thing. You'd be hard pressed to find a district or school where the parents haven't tried to get the coach removed nowadays. They tried to sack Randolph at East for Pete's sake.

Success is different for different people. Some are wins and losses, others D1 players, still others look at it as life learning beyond the game itself. I'm not saying who is right as they all have their role to play.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

I absolutely agree! I didn't include that kid because he was fortunate enough to not need a ton of promoting by his coach.

I guess I'm just a sentimental old fart who can't help but feel for the 4 or 5 North kids that played all the way up till high school and then saw their opportunity to play high school hockey evaporate right in front of them. The benefits to some are real and tangible but make no mistake there are also losers in this scenario. It also gives the same number of kids at South an opportunity they likely never would have gotten as well.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

keepyourheadup wrote:I absolutely agree! I didn't include that kid because he was fortunate enough to not need a ton of promoting by his coach.

I guess I'm just a sentimental old fart who can't help but feel for the 4 or 5 North kids that played all the way up till high school and then saw their opportunity to play high school hockey evaporate right in front of them. The benefits to some are real and tangible but make no mistake there are also losers in this scenario. It also gives the same number of kids at South an opportunity they likely never would have gotten as well.
Hey-That kid up in dinkytown is pretty good! Must be the genes buddy :))
Last edited by Sats81 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thespellchecker

Post by thespellchecker »

[quote="keepyourheadup"]Fun discussion but there a few things that make this more interesting in my opinion.

Where the hell is the South AD? Best buds with the current South coach!
This is not correct. The AD isn't best buds with anyone.
Last edited by thespellchecker on Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8-TIME weekly & 2-Time Season Pick Em Champ
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

That my friend is not the direction this thread should go! :)

Back to the main topic....if seeding goes as I expect they will be 30-0 when they meet up with Edina again.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

keepyourheadup wrote:That my friend is not the direction this thread should go! :)

Back to the main topic....if seeding goes as I expect they will be 30-0 when they meet up with Edina again.
I would expect STA to get the 2 seed and LN to face Edina in the semifinals at the X. Of course, upsets happen just about every year, so who really knows when/if they'll face Edina.
eazy98

Post by eazy98 »

Lakeville North would be the 1 seed and play the winner of the 4/5 game.

STA would get Edina in the semi-finals.

Assuming all of the favorites win at state.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

LN top 2 lines are as good or better than anyone in the state. I think the 2nd line has actually outscored the Poehling line the last 10 games. Their top 4 D are probably the best in MN.

Their 3rd line is NOT GOOD and if there is a weakness, it is here. They have been tinkering with who to put with Rohrbach (a solid senior player) and haven't seemed to find the right chemistry yet. I don't think its impossible to win it all riding those 2 lines, as you are gonna be hard pressed to find better in HS hockey, but they do need to get some more contribution from line 3 as eventually an Edina or STA could wear them down.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

After 2nd, LN 2-1 vs shakopee. SOG 44-8 in favor of LN. Shakopee hanging in and playing hard. No game is gonna be easy on rest of schedule despite what west metro thinks.