Predictions - Warriors VS Crookston 11-15-2005

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

pirategoaliemom

Re: Predictions - Warriors VS Crookston 11-15-2005

Post by pirategoaliemom »

Holly did score 3 times, we got off to a quick start, then a few goalie mistakes, put them up on the board, we had our chances, just didnt pull it out, We will get them next time, in Warroad, <p></p><i></i>
Artificial Ice

Re: Predictions

Post by Artificial Ice »

23 penalties are alot.<br>According to the ref's that did that game, they were told<br>to put the hammer down and call EVERYTHING really close this year. A couple of penalties were called in the last couple of minutes of the game, that, maybe at that point, shouldn't of been called? I don't want the ref's to start determining the outcome of any games. They did call a consistant game, though, both ways. <p></p><i></i>
Renegade Ram

AI

Post by Renegade Ram »

In listening to the game it sound as if the officials did the game the same way from the drop of the puck to the final buzzer. Can't ask for much better than that. There are occasions that refs can determine the outcome of the game and I've seen it happen. But in the vast majority of cases it is an action by a player that forces an official to take action. Thus it is not the ref determining the outcome through calling penalities but more so the stupidity of individual players that determine outcomes of games. In fact, watch closely, it is normally not a penalty that should or shouldn't have been called that makes the difference but something that fans rarely watch closely and that is the line calls. More games are won or lost in uncalled offsides and incorrectly waved off icings; those are the bigger mistakes officials make because they are black and white where a penalty is usually gray. The missed offside may occur in the first five minutes of a game and set the tone for both teams and the officials. In blowing that call whenever it happens does in fact become a large determining factor in the game. Big comeback win for the Lady Warriors. <p></p><i></i>