Top Bantam A teams 2011-12

Discussion of Minnesota Youth Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

C-dad

Post by C-dad »

Shinbone_News wrote:Hmm, really???? I suspect if they are in high school at the Minneapolis location, they might be allowed to play for Mpls? And Parade is like literally across the street? I don't know at all, I'm just guessing -- but the point may be moot since most Blakees now seem to come in from the more affluent suburbs anyway.

It would be nice to see a more thorough tracking of student/players in Minneapolis through bantams to high school. The Storm feeds 11 high school teams, many of them top tier programs from Holy Angels to Benilde to Blake and Breck. And the Novas had a surprisingly good year last year, losing to eventual champ Eden Prairie early in regions.

What will be interesting is to see what oach Sean Podein does with the St. LOuis Park program with last years state-worthy bantams, and whether the Storm kids open enroll at SLP to stay with their buddies.
Shjon
The Other Bash Brother

Post by The Other Bash Brother »

C-dad wrote:
Shinbone_News wrote:Hmm, really???? I suspect if they are in high school at the Minneapolis location, they might be allowed to play for Mpls? And Parade is like literally across the street? I don't know at all, I'm just guessing -- but the point may be moot since most Blakees now seem to come in from the more affluent suburbs anyway.

It would be nice to see a more thorough tracking of student/players in Minneapolis through bantams to high school. The Storm feeds 11 high school teams, many of them top tier programs from Holy Angels to Benilde to Blake and Breck. And the Novas had a surprisingly good year last year, losing to eventual champ Eden Prairie early in regions.

What will be interesting is to see what oach Sean Podein does with the St. LOuis Park program with last years state-worthy bantams, and whether the Storm kids open enroll at SLP to stay with their buddies.
Shjon
Really solid addition
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

The Other Bash Brother wrote:
C-dad wrote:

Shjon
Really solid addition
As was yours. :wink: