FIRE CHILDRESS

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

How about the "Run and Done" offense??
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Another good one, CNT.

How about the "Fear of Flying Offense".
Can't Never Tried

How about trying the "WISH" someone would throw us a "BONE" offense.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Well, I thought Tice could never be topped when it came to idiotic challenges.

Chilly must not be to quick on his feet either.
Can't Never Tried

It was hard to watch.
So many things I could touch on, but it's all redundant.

Why didn't they let the punt go in the end zone at the end?
Just to follow up with a short pass to the middle??

What the heck was EJ's problem in the middle? they killed us in his zone with those short little passes.

It bites when you succeed on the on side kick and then flounder.

Take the red flag away from chilly our timeouts give us a better chance of making something happen.

And how about a little pass blocking, how many sacks did they have?

And last and least the Dbacks are just not capable of covering anyone.

Think we'll go 2-14??

I heard on the radio that Ben Leber said we're more competitive then our record shows, ummmm the record is the measuring stick here :roll:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

packerboy wrote:Another good one, CNT.

How about the "Fear of Flying Offense".
Its definately "zipless".
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Its amazing, the big buzz about who the QB is going to be.

Who cares , they all are bad.

Some of the talk centers around whether there is any hope for this team now that they are 2-5.

Hey, there was no hope when they were 1-0.

Hopefully, Sunday's game will be blacked out and people will spend their time doing better things.

Skol.
Can't Never Tried

packerboy wrote:Its amazing, the big buzz about who the QB is going to be.

Who cares , they all are bad.

Some of the talk centers around whether there is any hope for this team now that they are 2-5.

Hey, there was no hope when they were 1-0.

Hopefully, Sunday's game will be blacked out and people will spend their time doing better things.

Skol.
How about the guy who threw the chair in the locker room? oh! that's right, it was deflected by a lineman, nevermind :?

Hey easy now PB, it's a big game every Sunday!! If the Mrs. gets wind we're out of it, she will have me putting up stuff for winter, or some other darn chore.
There's always a reason to hope :D
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

For poop and giggles the UM and Vikes should trade coaches for the weekend. :roll:
RSI

Post by RSI »

quickgym guy

Post by quickgym guy »

Chili's boys looked pretty good today... :D :D :D
Joey (nine toes) Marcoux

Post by Joey (nine toes) Marcoux »

AD/AP is a BEAST :!: :!: :!:
pacman

Post by pacman »

Simply Amazing, 30 Rushes, 296 yards, 3 TD's

Breaks the Record of Most Rushing Yards in a Single game by 1 yard.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

He's gotta stay healthy. On another note, how many times this season has our quarterback(s) had a higher rating than our opponent? Rivers had a fairly brutal game for the Chargers and Tomlinson was anything but spectacular.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher »

Not sure if anyone knows, but why does Tarvaris keep starting? Whenever he has been taken out, both guys who have replaced him have done so much better than him. And yet we keep going back to him...
pacman

Post by pacman »

Not the Case with Holcomb Lol, this team needs a QB, Maybe Ryan from BC or Booty from USC can be that guy next season
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

In the past 10 years, the Vikings have had 2 rookies that have had an incredible immediate impact not ony on their own team but on football.

Randy Moss in '98 and now AP.

Moss is still making a big impact as he is the leagues best reciever.

I didnt watch the Vikings. I was outside doing chores and working with the dog. I wanted to save my couch potatoe time for the NE vs IND game.

I have to admit I wish I would have seen AP's performance. He is amazing and the only reason to watch that team.

Green was able to maintain a team around Moss. He always had a decent QB, another WR and a very good RB around him. Tice screwed it up with his Randy Ratio goofiness and other nonsense. Moss now has what he had with Green and more in NE and he is reborn.

If they can put NFL quality players at QB and WR , AP will make more history and the team could contend.

Childress need to go. The article RSI pasted from the Red Star is spot on and describes Chilly to a T. He is not a head coach.

AP will never reach his unlimited potential with Chilly at the helm.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

ROY aside because that's clearly locked up at this point, if the Patriots weren't doing what they're doing, could we even be discussing a potential MVP award for the kid? I mean he's on pace for 2,000 yards rushing, 400 yards receiving and 18 TDs. Even if he ends up at 1,800, 300 & 15 TDs, that would be good enough for an MVP in most years.

F'n Brady.
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Govs93 wrote:ROY aside because that's clearly locked up at this point, if the Patriots weren't doing what they're doing, could we even be discussing a potential MVP award for the kid? I mean he's on pace for 2,000 yards rushing, 400 yards receiving and 18 TDs. Even if he ends up at 1,800, 300 & 15 TDs, that would be good enough for an MVP in most years.

F'n Brady.
I love his quote in the Sunday Red Star - about his goal is to be the best player ever. Let's hope the money and distractions don't deminish that attitude or work ethic.

I was like packer boy - I didn't want to devote time watching the game and when I heard about the performance I was eager to see the highlight film....WOW!
fighting all who rob or plunder
Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

The life expectancy of a pro football player is short, then you have the life expectancy of a running back.

The clock is ticking Childress.

Tick, tock, tick, tock.
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

The O-line did a great job getting AP into their secondary. I'll take AP every time matched up against CB's and Safeties.

Rice is very promising at WR, and he's just a kid.

The Vikes need to keep playing Jackson at QB, or they will screw up their draft pick.

Vikes DB's made some plays for the first time this year, but I think they were beat each time if the ball wasn't underthrown or behind the receiver. At least they were in the same zip code which shows a marked improvement.
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

They really ought to try and see if they can't talk to Cleveland about Derek Anderson after the season is over. The guy has done a great job for the Browns all year long, he's young (23 I think), he sees the field well and has a cannon to get it down the field to a guy like Rice. The Browns are also are dumping a boatload of cash into Brady Quinn, so he's going to have to take the job from Anderson at some point.

Swing a deal in the offseason - give up a 2nd and/or 3rd round pick, and use their #1 draft pick on a receiver. If they can get another threat on the outisde and a QB that can actually get it to them, it'll force defenses to take a couple of guys out of the box to cover them, and AP can really run AD. Right now, they're loading up with 7 in the box against the Vikes, and he's still running for 200-300 per game.

Just imagine...
Can't Never Tried

I listened to it on the radio.
Amongst other things, they have to get a grip on their special teams. 109 yds?? another record the Vikes will be known for forever, giving up the longest play in NFL history.
The slap in the face is they said he was untouched :shock: How do you go 109 yds and not even get touched?

Other then that it was all AP.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Chilly did not know what to do with AP at the start. He hadnt factored him into his offense. His system didnt include featuring AP so he was dazed and confused. Chester Taylor was his guy.

So, we are now halfway through the season and he finally figured out that some stupid boofin rotation wasnt goin to get it done and AP is now in there most of the time with Taylor giving him much needed rests.

Now, how long do you figure it will take before AP is part of the passing attack. A screen pass maybe? Middle of next year?
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Can't Never Tried wrote:I listened to it on the radio.
Amongst other things, they have to get a grip on their special teams. 109 yds?? another record the Vikes will be known for forever, giving up the longest play in NFL history.
The slap in the face is they said he was untouched :shock: How do you go 109 yds and not even get touched?

Other then that it was all AP.
I think he signed an autograph or two while also talking to his agent about leveraging the great play he was currently on during the run back.
fighting all who rob or plunder