It's Like a Nightmare

The Only Forum for Non-Hockey Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Can't Never Tried

Post by Can't Never Tried »

Neutron 14 wrote:
packerboy wrote: Yup, thats right. Nailed To The Cross

Coming soon! As a thread to a message board near you.
Whats the over/under on being locked or deleted by admin?
Before or now? :)
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Can't Never Tried wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote:
packerboy wrote: Yup, thats right. Nailed To The Cross

Whats the over/under on being locked or deleted by admin?
Is Lee Catholic? Methinks PB is toeing the line of blasphemy comparing his situation to that of the Jewish carpenter's son.

Packerboy, which CDH running back is going to the U? I've only seen CDH play once this year but they had a short, fast, hard running kid (no.22?) who looked good in that game. The Gophers really need some help on the defensive side though...
BIAFP

Post by BIAFP »

ChrisK wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote: Whats the over/under on being locked or deleted by admin?
Is Lee Catholic? Methinks PB is toeing the line of blasphemy comparing his situation to that of the Jewish carpenter's son.

Packerboy, which CDH running back is going to the U? I've only seen CDH play once this year but they had a short, fast, hard running kid (no.22?) who looked good in that game. The Gophers really need some help on the defensive side though...

The Gophers need help? Where? :roll:
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

ChrisK wrote:Is Lee Catholic?
Its been stated many time here that he's Dulutheran.
AngusYoung

Post by AngusYoung »

Agnostic

AY 8)
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

AngusYoung wrote:Agnostic

AY 8)
Well I knew it wasnt Amish....
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ChrisK wrote: Me thinks PB is toeing the line of blasphemy comparing his situation to that of the Jewish carpenter's son.

I believe the nationality (and religion) of a jewish person is determined by his mother. In this case, Mary was Jewish, which would make her son Jewish. However, the argument (still being debated, I think) is who was the child's father? Is it the carpenter (although evidence is that he was a mason) or is it God Almighty, Jehovah, Allah (if I may)?
If it is the later, then the child would not have been Jewish, but a man (and Son of God) for all the world. Thus, he would have no nationality and no religious ties other than serving the one, true God.

And in that respect, would be a 'brother' to PB. And if our brother PB is suffering, living a life in anightmare, then we all should pray, give him a good thought or spiritually or metaphysically do whatever it is you do to wish PB some happy thoughts.

Personally, I believe it is my duty to buy him a cold draft at the Liffey and listen to his complaints that there are no catholic schools in our great Lentil season ritual.
TTpuckster

Get you started

Post by TTpuckster »

OK PB,

Enough is enough!!!!!

You know what time of year this is.......

It's time to give thanks.

No more of "It's a nightmare"

So, I'll get you started:

I give thanks for..................................?
slapshooter

7,259th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002.packerboy 'wishes'

Post by slapshooter »

packerboy wrote:I've got slapshooter shooting machine guns at me and Neutron 14 making fun of me for feeling like I am picked on.

Its tough and especially for a sensitive guy like myself.

Picked on? Shot at? Hardly. I feel more like this:

Yup, thats right. Nailed To The Cross

=P~ :arrow: :idea: :arrow: pImageb :lol: y on the crImagess :?: :-({|= :?: :arrow: Image :arrow: That'll be the day! Image

SImage S
tomASS

Post by tomASS »

Neutron 14 wrote:
AngusYoung wrote:Agnostic

AY 8)
Well I knew it wasnt Amish....
If you saw the vehicle he drove you might have been slightly more confused about that. :wink:
fighting all who rob or plunder
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Well puckster, we certainly appreciate the sentiment but you are living in a dream world.

With Hillary likely to be the democratic nominee, what is there to give thanks for?

Athletes are going to prison for robbery in hotel rooms, lying to the grand jury, and killing puppy dogs. Thanks? For what?

Gopher football just finished 1-11. The game they won was against a team I have never heard of. Thanks for nothin.

I pay $50 to watch the Gophers play Wisconsin in a stadium fillled with red and then I go over to watch the Gopher hockey team get beat by the Seawolves. The boofin Seawolves!!! Just who is it that I should thank for that?

Ill tell yah, you are dreamin if you dont think "Its Like a Nightmare"
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

packerboy wrote:Well puckster, we certainly appreciate the sentiment but you are living in a dream world.

With Hillary likely to be the democratic nominee, what is there to give thanks for?

Athletes are going to prison for robbery in hotel rooms, lying to the grand jury, and killing puppy dogs. Thanks? For what?

Gopher football just finished 1-11. The game they won was against a team I have never heard of. Thanks for nothin.

I pay $50 to watch the Gophers play Wisconsin in a stadium fillled with red and then I go over to watch the Gopher hockey team get beat by the Seawolves. The boofin Seawolves!!! Just who is it that I should thank for that?

Ill tell yah, you are dreamin if you dont think "Its Like a Nightmare"

The Vikings won and are right in the middle of the play-off hunt.
6 more wins and they should be there.

PB you should be thankful for that.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Thats a good one elliott. Thankful for the Vikings.

A win against the Raiders and everything is just ducky. Right.

The 4 time Super Bowl losers will not win a game against a good team all year.

The only thing to be thankful for there is that they are not playing on Thanksgiving so we can enjoy the day.

I do know of one thing I could fill in the blank left by puckster: "Meeting up with elliott at the Liffey"

But thats it! The rest of it ...Ill tel yah, "Its Like a Nightmare"
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

Listen Mr. Stick-In-the-Mud, I think I've found something here that we can all agree is a reason to look forward to and be thankful for.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Go Govs!!!

The only non northern team to win a championship until 1969 when Edina did it.

What a proud tradition.

Thanks, that did cheer me up.... as illustrated below:

Irishmans Shanty

Post by Irishmans Shanty »

elliott70 wrote: The Vikings won and are right in the middle of the play-off hunt.
My olfactory senses rarely if ever get stimulated by reading a computer screen, but I think you posted the first ever passing of gas in internet history with this one elliot.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

ChrisK wrote:
Can't Never Tried wrote:
Neutron 14 wrote: Whats the over/under on being locked or deleted by admin?

Chris, sorry I missed your question. See the Red Star sports section today and you will find your answer.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Well, I suppose some of you out there are thinking that things are looking up.

Your Precious Purple won a game against a flat team and the Wild stopped the bleeding temporarily. Tubby beat up on a high school team.

But Hunter is now gone with no replacement in sight and the Twins are reeling; Gopher hockey is as bad as it has been in years;and the Twolves are 1-10.

The Vikings are still under.500. and their owner acts like he just won the Super Bowl.

The Wild are in first but only 3 pts and a touchy groin from 4th.

To me, well, "It's Like a Nightmare"
Neutron 14

Post by Neutron 14 »

Time to wake up PB. HS hockey season is here.
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

You are probably right.

We should be happy that the season has started.

We should be spending our time in joyous anticipation of all the great games that lie ahead.

We should be thinking about watching our sons and daughters and/ or their friends playing this greatest of games for our favorite high school.

Yup, leaving our warm houses for our cold cars; hunched up as we scurry to some freezing cold arena where we will sit for a couple of toe numbing hours before heading back to our freezing cold cars and arriving home just as the heat kicks in.

Sure you can be happy but to me, I gotta tell yah, "Its Like a Nightmare"
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

packerboy wrote:You are probably right.

We should be happy that the season has started.

We should be spending our time in joyous anticipation of all the great games that lie ahead.

We should be thinking about watching our sons and daughters and/ or their friends playing this greatest of games for our favorite high school.

Yup, leaving our warm houses for our cold cars; hunched up as we scurry to some freezing cold arena where we will sit for a couple of toe numbing hours before heading back to our freezing cold cars and arriving home just as the heat kicks in.

Sure you can be happy but to me, I gotta tell yah, "Its Like a Nightmare"
Well said, PB. I felt a little coddled in the palace known as the Plymouth Ice Center over the weekend. I'm looking forward to spending a few hours at Phalen Arena - the coldest high school arena outside of Shoreview - on Wednesday when the Govs open up against the Packers.

In addition to having the coldest arena on the east side of the river, they also hold the honor of having the worst coffee in the Twin Cities, so there's no place to get help there.
slapshooter

7,260th post by SS since Feb 27th 2002

Post by slapshooter »

newsguy35 = :arrow: Image

SImageS :arrow: Image
packerboy

Post by packerboy »

Here is this year's engineer driving the train.

Whether you live on Main Street or Elm Street, "It's Like a Nightmare"
pistol

Post by pistol »

So the Johnson, CDH, South St. Paul, Moorhead fans, Dulutherans and the rest of you Agnostics are miserable again this year...

Must be a slow news day!
Govs93

Post by Govs93 »

pistol wrote:So the Johnson, CDH, South St. Paul, Moorhead fans, Dulutherans and the rest of you Agnostics are miserable again this year...

Must be a slow news day!
Welcome to the Café, Pistol, but you should know that the engineer of this pain train, PB, is a true blue (excuse me... red) Catholic/right wing/egomaniac. We just happened to find that seldom seen "common ground" in here for a change.