Sharpest and most boring uniforms at the tournament

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

raidergrad72

Sharpest and most boring uniforms at the tournament

Post by raidergrad72 »

Alright, I started this last year.
Which team has the sharpest uniform this year? This year, I have to go with St. Cloud again, although Cretin is a close second.
Most boring?
Hands down, Chanhassen. 🙄
TTpuckster

Re: Sharpest and most boring uniforms at the tournament

Post by TTpuckster »

Centennial whites.
What is a Green Wave anyway?
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

No idea what you see so great about Cretin’s uniforms. One of the most ugly in my opinion. Not a fan of Rapids but for some reason the GR on that jersey just looks bad as$. I also hate Edina but those uniforms are 2nd overall. The best is Osseo though. Their take off the Oilers for the Oriles is just beautiful. Wish they were good enough to make the tourney
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

The Bears uniforms are great. Have always like them, and they have several variations - all of which I think look good. I also really like Cathedral's unis. I actually thought Rochester's unis were nice - maybe a little boring but I dont mind the simplicity and the color schemes.

I don't like Mahtomedi's unis, I don't care for Hermantown's. Edina is classic but I'm sick of it.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

raidergrad72 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:05 pmMost boring?
Hands down, Chanhassen. 🙄
I love the gold pants and hope the program becomes a perennial power so the gold pants are a thing like Jefferson rockin' "Columbia" (baby) blue.
Be kind. Rewind.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

Sharpest- SCC

Boring - GR/WBL with the same color scheme.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
CrimsonCakeEater

Post by CrimsonCakeEater »

Most of the jerseys were really good, as always. Century and Centennial were pretty eh, and Mahtomedi’s football-style jerseys are just plain bad. However, I think the teams with the best uniforms in each class won it all; the Cathedral baby blues and Edina in any color is just absolute eye candy every time.
Small town on the west side with a dream
wbmd

Post by wbmd »

Mahtomedi's were a throwback for their 75th season of hockey.
CrimsonCakeEater

Post by CrimsonCakeEater »

wbmd wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:58 pm Mahtomedi's were a throwback for their 75th season of hockey.
Lots (most?) of throwbacks are really good but those Mahtomedi ones just are not. Hoping they go back to what they wore last year since those were at least okay, if nothing special. Also, Cretin needs to stick with the purple and the gold lids. I've been wanting to see another golden-dome mainstay at the X ever since Breck fell off and ditched the gold lids.
Small town on the west side with a dream
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

Interesting. I'm not a fan of the baby blue and gold. I liked Orono's jerseys. Or was it Osseo?? LOL.
The51

Post by The51 »

Great
1. Edina - a true classic just a bummer we didn't get to see their Green's this year
2. Warroad - another classic that I hope never changes
3. Orono - their blue stunned me with how good it was, sharp with not too much going on
Good
4. White Bear Lake - the bear paw logo is one of the best in hs hockey
5. Hermantown - a classic that's simple and the big lettering on the Hawks feels like it would intimidate opponents
6. Cretin-Derham Hall - saw someone say it earlier I hope they never change. The purple and yellow pops so nicely. The black jerseys they wore in the 3rd place game are kinda meh
7. Grand Rapids - a classic logo and great color scheme for a northern team, just thought the orange was a little too flourescent
Fine
8. St. Cloud Cathedral - their whites were pretty solid and the light blues were fine but would work a lot better if the dark and light blues worked a little better together, their yellows they've had in the past are better
9. New Ulm - solid jerseys for the quality of team they had, sharp and simple.
10. Chanhassen - they would be much better off without the gold breezers but I get what they were going for, their roads where a nice unique purple color
11. Northfield - made the best of ugly colors, just think they could be more unique than copying the NY Rangers logo
Bad
12. Elk River - red doesn't really feel like them, prefer their black jerseys and the "ER"
13. Alexandria - pretty boring, have liked other ones in the past more
14. Rochester Century - similar to Northfield where their colors hurt them but unlike Northfield their colors are too similar to at least be interesting
Horrible
15. Centennial - the grey makes no sense and makes it look ugly, also the C on the front has gotten a little too small
16. Mahtomedi - what in the world were these, truly horrible
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Well done, 51! A comprehensive assessment.
Be kind. Rewind.
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

Cathedral gets extra credit for their logo and the baby blues are sharp. Would bump them up to the "great" category. I was in a bar/restaurant watching the A championship and overheard several people comment positively about the logo and the unis. Love the throwback to the Minnesota Fighting Saints (1970s WHA) and Dubuque Fighting Saints (1980s USHL). All-time great logo.