All-Metro State Tournament

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Mite-dad

Re: All-Metro State Tournament

Post by Mite-dad »

It will also be, "a date that will live in infamy", when Grand Rapids wins it all. :shock: :^o
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

Mite-dad wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:42 pm It will also be, "a date that will live in infamy", when Grand Rapids wins it all. :shock: :^o
I’m with you brother.!!
CrimsonCakeEater

Post by CrimsonCakeEater »

It seems my concerns were unwarranted. Did NOT expect Century to be the savior of outstate hockey but here we are!
Small town on the west side with a dream
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

CrimsonCakeEater wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:08 pm It seems my concerns were unwarranted. Did NOT expect Century to be the savior of outstate hockey but here we are!
I'm old enough to consider Chanhassen outstate...
CrimsonCakeEater

Post by CrimsonCakeEater »

Sparlimb wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:21 pm
CrimsonCakeEater wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:08 pm It seems my concerns were unwarranted. Did NOT expect Century to be the savior of outstate hockey but here we are!
I'm old enough to consider Chanhassen outstate...
You're old enough that your account is older than me...
Small town on the west side with a dream
norcon

Post by norcon »

grindiangrad-80 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:07 am Agree blueline. I’m good with 2 northern sections and 6 from the southern part of the state. The majority of the population is closer to the metro and should be represented that way. I’m also good with the Elk Rivers and Andovers playing in 7 and 8. They make those sections better.

The strongest programs will still stand the test of time. As much as hockey has grown it’s still going to be the same 15 or 20 teams in and out of the tournament the majority of the years.

I’m a northern guy but the 2 best games I’ve watched this year were Edina/ Wayzata last week and Edina/BSM yesterday.

Can’t wait to see what this week brings.
If Hermantown ever opts up, which hopefully will happen at some point, I’d like to see Andover move in to section 5. Very big school enrollment wise, that’s able to reload every year. Tough for smaller, northern schools to keep up.
grindiangrad-80

Post by grindiangrad-80 »

norcon wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:16 pm
grindiangrad-80 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:07 am Agree blueline. I’m good with 2 northern sections and 6 from the southern part of the state. The majority of the population is closer to the metro and should be represented that way. I’m also good with the Elk Rivers and Andovers playing in 7 and 8. They make those sections better.

The strongest programs will still stand the test of time. As much as hockey has grown it’s still going to be the same 15 or 20 teams in and out of the tournament the majority of the years.

I’m a northern guy but the 2 best games I’ve watched this year were Edina/ Wayzata last week and Edina/BSM yesterday.

Can’t wait to see what this week brings.
If Hermantown ever opts up, which hopefully will happen at some point, I’d like to see Andover move in to section 5. Very big school enrollment wise, that’s able to reload every year. Tough for smaller, northern schools to keep up.
It would be interesting to see how long Hermantown could remain a reload and go team if they moved up to AA. I’m not saying they couldn’t stay strong. I would think the idea that going to state every year was no longer as likely might have some impact.