2024 Girls State High School Hockey Tournament

Discussion of Minnesota Girls High School Hockey

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Green and White Fan

Re: 2024 Girls State High School Hockey Tournament

Post by Green and White Fan »

THe list we were looking at only showed 5, but now when I look up a different site, it does show 6. 2 out of 6 I think but you might be right, it could be 3. :D
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
Green and White Fan

Post by Green and White Fan »

bodyup88 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:28 pm I'm not sure if you're using Roseau math but my count shows 3 of 6 All Tourney girls from Warroad. lol
Nonetheless, it looks like the team could be a co-op called Warroad/ND East
Funny story. Working the box a couple of years ago during the Roseau/Warroad girls game, a girl from Warroad got a penalty. Seeing the last name, which was a name of someone I knew from Warroad, I asked, are you so and so's grand daughter. She says no, but I get that alot, I don't even know if we are related. She said I don't really know anyone from Warroad, I am from Bismarck, North Dakota. Honest girl!
We've got 7 yes we do, we've got 7, how about you!
bodyup88

Post by bodyup88 »

Funny story; not sure how unique it might be the past few years if you simply substitute any ND town from Bismarck
CrimsonCakeEater

Post by CrimsonCakeEater »

Green and White Fan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:43 pm
bodyup88 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:28 pm I'm not sure if you're using Roseau math but my count shows 3 of 6 All Tourney girls from Warroad. lol
Funny story. Working the box a couple of years ago during the Roseau/Warroad girls game, a girl from Warroad got a penalty. Seeing the last name, which was a name of someone I knew from Warroad, I asked, are you so and so's grand daughter. She says no, but I get that alot, I don't even know if we are related. She said I don't really know anyone from Warroad, I am from Bismarck, North Dakota. Honest girl!
Pretty sure last year Warroad had two girls with the exact same name. I remember being pretty confused on TV.
Small town on the west side with a dream
Johnny Five

Post by Johnny Five »

Green and White Fan wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:43 pm
Been around Bismarck hockey for quit sometime. Can't think of a single player from Bismarck who moved there...until this year. :mrgreen:
Johnny Five

Post by Johnny Five »

Nostalgic Nerd wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:04 am #5 Hovda for Roseau looked real good. Only a sophomore, and if they can get better goaltending it could be fun.

Also #10 Edina.

Glad I'm watching the early games on NSPN. After seeing AHA's offense vs Warroad I'm glad I won't be there LOL.

I'll be cheering for the mighty Hill goalie. Looks like for Edina its can we get any goals past her vs Hill's can we get past Edina's D. It isn't anything new to see an Edina goalie look a little shaky in the semi only to play better in the final.

Also it looked to me like AHA had the best goalie in A.
Hovda played the entire playoffs with a cast on her wrist. Her phone will be buzzing on 6/15.
Johnny Five

Post by Johnny Five »

bodyup88 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:02 am Funny story; not sure how unique it might be the past few years if you simply substitute any ND town from Bismarck
We in ND aren't able to stop it unfortunately. ND hockey is a far cry from MN. In the past 10 years I think less than 5 girls from ND have made a Division 1 roster who STAYED in ND all the way through their senior season.