Jan 14th or 16th Start Date?

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Cookster

Jan 14th or 16th Start Date?

Post by Cookster »

I have seen on several conference websites that schedule revisions have been made, and the teams are planning on playing games from Jan 14th or Jan 16th through March 13th. ( go to websites like metro east conference). 18 games.

I have heard through the grapevine ( no confirmation) that BSM went to Wisconsin as a team to practice and got caught. Also Holy Angels has scheduled some captain's practices, although not sure where -- Some outdoor ice I believe.

I thought it would be nice to talk about Hockey again -- enough of the Covid debate, no matter which side you are on.
InThePipes

Re: Jan 14th or 16th Start Date?

Post by InThePipes »

January 14th
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

I believe its going to be the 14th or 18th. Based on MSHSL model 2 with Jan 4th start date, would be games could start Jan18th. Yes it will be 18 game season and go till March 13th. Teams can only play 2 games a week till the last two weeks of the season. Where they will be allowed to play 3 in a week if needed.
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

Cookster wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:58 am I have seen on several conference websites that schedule revisions have been made, and the teams are planning on playing games from Jan 14th or Jan 16th through March 13th. ( go to websites like metro east conference). 18 games.

I have heard through the grapevine ( no confirmation) that BSM went to Wisconsin as a team to practice and got caught. Also Holy Angels has scheduled some captain's practices, although not sure where -- Some outdoor ice I believe.

I thought it would be nice to talk about Hockey again -- enough of the Covid debate, no matter which side you are on.

*Some of the BSM upperclassmen (letter winners from last szn) rented ice on their own in WI (assuming with help of parents). I don't know if they got "caught" since it was on the local news showing how some hockey folks are dealing with the pause. None of the current coaching staff was involved in any way, shape or form.
Fightinghawklover

Post by Fightinghawklover »

What are the chances that no spectators are allowed at least at the beginning of the season? How about the players wearing masks? Any thoughts?
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

From what I have heard might be no fans all season long. As for the masks, I believe they are debating that right now if players will have to wear them on the ice or not.
HockeyCrazy1970

Post by HockeyCrazy1970 »

I believe Lakeville and BSM played games in SD a couple weeks ago.
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

HockeyCrazy1970 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:39 pm I believe Lakeville and BSM played games in SD a couple weeks ago.
Hmmm....that doesn't sound correct.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

This really isn’t higher level math. Walz’s order extended his power for 30 days starting December 17th. His order prevents games. Maybe he amends it like did for allowing boys swim practice to start on January 4th but kept pools closed until January 16th. But I doubt it.

Iowa has been playing high school basketball for a month. Their high school hockey league is going as well, so is wrestling.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Also hearing no MinnHockey spectators allowed , incl family (except 1 at mites) . Presumably Mshsl will be same . Let’s hopes
Positivity rates get back to 5% and hospital counts go back down . Then maybe all parties can reassess soon.
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

Well here is some info.. Looks like Jan 14th games can start. Nothing about tournaments in there but all players have to wear masks while practicing and playing in game. Not sure how I feel about that.

https://www.twincities.com/2020/12/28/m ... gpp3qb2ULY
ironranger2

Post by ironranger2 »

Usthockey13 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:00 pm Well here is some info.. Looks like Jan 14th games can start. Nothing about tournaments in there but all players have to wear masks while practicing and playing in game. Not sure how I feel about that.

https://www.twincities.com/2020/12/28/m ... gpp3qb2ULY
Agree with you on the mask thing, but I would bet they go to 2 spectators per player and no masks for games/practices before the 14th (this is still three weeks away), especially they way numbers are dropping. Almost down below 5% positivity rate and the big drop in hospitalizations should continue. No point in everyone getting in a tizzy about it right now, at least they are getting back on the ice.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

https://cdn4.sportngin.com/attachments/ ... 1600117745

Iron Ranger - hope you are right . This is outrageous . Kids have to wear masks while on ice , and no spectators
ironranger2

Post by ironranger2 »

WestMetro wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:58 pm https://cdn4.sportngin.com/attachments/ ... 1600117745

Iron Ranger - hope you are right . This is outrageous . Kids have to wear masks while on ice , and no spectators
I have heard from a couple of different people that MN Hockey's proposal was made to go far beyond what even MN Dept of Health/Governor's office would be expecting. The thought process is that the first goal is to get the kids on the ice and then start chipping away at some of these restrictions once that has been accomplished. I think it is highly likely they will be able to do that.

I am guessing there are a lot of the district directors that don't necessarily agree with everything MN Hockey has come out with, but for the good of organization they have done a very good job of putting up a united front.

The kids will be back skating, so now they will work on easing these restrictions. Again, it's still three weeks before games will be played.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

According to a hockey parent tweet I saw , haven’t verified myself

From the World Health Organization website:

“Even when you’re in an area of COVID-19 transmission, masks should not be worn during vigorous physical activity because of the risk of reducing your breathing capacity.”
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

WestMetro wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:06 pm According to a hockey parent tweet I saw , haven’t verified myself

From the World Health Organization website:

“Even when you’re in an area of COVID-19 transmission, masks should not be worn during vigorous physical activity because of the risk of reducing your breathing capacity.”
Should I wear a mask while exercising?

Even when you’re in an area of COVID-19 transmission, masks should not be worn during vigorous physical activity because of the risk of reducing your breathing capacity. No matter how intensely you exercise, keep at least 1 metre away from others, and if you’re indoors, make sure there is adequate ventilation.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/disease ... d-19-masks
Be kind. Rewind.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Cookster wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:58 am I have seen on several conference websites that schedule revisions have been made, and the teams are planning on playing games from Jan 14th or Jan 16th through March 13th. ( go to websites like metro east conference). 18 games.

Reasonable request. If people aren't willing to comply, Mitch, Karl or I can comply for them.

Read his last sentence again. Carefully. It's not tough.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Hockey Hub has a lot of work to do still to get all the latest schedules uploaded
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

I am sure MnHockey.tv Pete Waggoner will soon be publishing a livestream package for all high school games at the 18 rinks all around the state where they have cameras mounted. Here is a list . You can see their package for all youth games was $60, high school package to follow

https://www.mnhockey.tv/youth-network
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

The Full HS package will be $75

Also most teams update their own Hockey Hub pages.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

WestMetro wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:12 pm I am sure MnHockey.tv Pete Waggoner will soon be publishing a livestream package for all high school games at the 18 rinks all around the state where they have cameras mounted. Here is a list . You can see their package for all youth games was $60, high school package to follow

https://www.mnhockey.tv/youth-network
U, just which rinks are those 18?
Hockey Is For Everyone
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

HS package is not yet on sale, but if it’s same as for the youth season package from last fall, here is the list

(Miscounted , only 16 )

Armstrong
Brain
EP
Deast
Edina
Evel
Htown
Hopk
Tonka
Owat
Ros
SW
Slp
Wayz
CEC
Big
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Package is now available, they added Woodbury and Chaska so the total is something close to 18 different arenas around the state

https://www.mnhockey.tv/
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

WestMetro wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:40 pm Package is now available, they added Woodbury and Chaska so the total is something close to 18 different arenas around the state

Does anyone have any details on how the HS streaming season pass works for mnhockeytv? Say I wanted to split the cost of a season pass with a couple people, can we all stream games simultaneously? Information is kind of vague on their site.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

ryguyMN wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:14 pm
WestMetro wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:40 pm Package is now available, they added Woodbury and Chaska so the total is something close to 18 different arenas around the state

Does anyone have any details on how the HS streaming season pass works for mnhockeytv? Say I wanted to split the cost of a season pass with a couple people, can we all stream games simultaneously? Information is kind of vague on their site.
C'mon man