Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ClassAGuy

Re: Class A Tourney w/o top 3 teams

Post by ClassAGuy »

rainier2 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:19 am
ClassAGuy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:06 am
StanleyCup55 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 am Rainer, it’s clear and obvious that Hermantown is killing hockey in the north.

Maybe, and a distant maybe, a miracle like 2019 Greenway will happen again but Hermantown has a clear advantage that no other team in the state has and it’s obvious and a disgrace to the game of hockey because it is killing hockey in the north as those teams cannot win the recruiting battle and therefore have no chance to compete. There is no way for them to suck it up and do their best when they’re getting outshot 70-10. Use your head man. Not sure how that is so hard for you and others to understand.

I am very surprised that any fan of the game would support Hermantown Hockey and what they’re doing in Class A.
Again I respect the opinion I am not a fan of Hermantown its just been good hockey of late to watch and Hermantown hasn't won for 3 years in row so its been fun to read all year how they are so high and mighty and then they don't get it done in the end.

Alexandria Embarrassed them 3 years ago, Greenway Upset them 2 years ago and Mahtomedi Shocked them even after they got a way with a game tieing goal that should not have counted. Its nice to have the villain and fun when the villain loses.

Again I think taking the top teams out is not the answer that was Tier 1 and Tier 2 days
Ok, assuming Hermantown stays in A, we'll see if your opinion changes over the next three years. They are bringing up what could be their best class ever, which is saying something for a team that routinely beats the AA champ. Looks like SCC will drop off with no heir apparent that can hang with the Hawks. (Maybe Mahtomedi?) Denfeld may have a slight chance of taking them down next year, provided no other seniors magically show up to "get noticed", and maybe Warroad can pull together to upset them next year, but the two years after that are gonna be a low point for Class A.

I guess we'll see how many people show up at the X to watch a team steamroll everyone.
If Hermantown goes on a three year run like STA did where they come in and are winning the Semifinal games 11-0 then yes its time.

I just haven't seen the dominance of late Luverne had one of the best ever of the Hawk editions in OT the Moose had them in DOuble OT with your one good line narrative.

Teams as a whole are getting better but again if this next batch of Hawks is 3 time dominate champ then ok but they haven't been.

Gentry will be very good, EGF should be very good, Delano and Orono will be in that teir..... I am banking on Denfeld beating the Hawks

I guess we can just keep arguing though I respect your point but get tired of the whine...

Again lets keep this about CLASS A as a WHOLE the hermatnown Thread has enough of this stuff

I think EGF, Warroad, Gentry, Mahtomedi, Delano and Denfeld are going to be a good batch of Class A teams
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

Yes they will be it none of that will matter. There will be the same team in class A c-chip in next 10 years.
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Hunters1993 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:35 am Yes they will be it none of that will matter. There will be the same team in class A c-chip in next 10 years.
I think Denfeld beats them those boys like Greenway a few years ago don't seem afraid.

Maybe I am wrong but I like Denfeld to beat them last years young kids they hung tough with older HAwks in the 7a Final
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

Look at how bad Denfeld was outshot.
Final score?

They played lockdown defense and hoped for a bounce.
That is all it was. Once h scored it was over.

No one else in class A matters. The same team will be in the c-chip game the next 10 years.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Hunters1993 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:48 am Look at how bad Denfeld was outshot.
Final score?

They played lockdown defense and hoped for a bounce.
That is all it was. Once h scored it was over.

No one else in class A matters. The same team will be in the c-chip game the next 10 years.
Mahtomedi was Outshot badly too as was Greenway.

Thats how you gotta play and they proved they can do it. Next year the Twins are year older as Juniors then the Hermantown AA Bantam crew coming in...

Hunters in 7A
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

Don’t forget top five A and AA bantam teams in h. Next ten years..........you know.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

Hunters1993 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:55 am Don’t forget top five A and AA bantam teams in h. Next ten years..........you know.
I have faith in your Program... Sophmores don't win titles Upper Classman do .

Hunters have a great chance next year
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

I am sure its been mentioned

But since Rainier and crew started the Hermantown Thread in Jan of 2018 The Hawks have not won Class A

3 years running is it the new "Rainier Curse" on the Hawks
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

ClassAGuy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:23 pm I am sure its been mentioned

But since Rainier and crew started the Hermantown Thread in Jan of 2018 The Hawks have not won Class A

Yet they beat the AA champ this year. What a curse!😀
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

Beat Minnetonka, Hill Murray and Grabd Rapids when they were class AA champions. Yes quite a curse. They could have won AA tourney,
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

Hunters1993 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:25 pm Beat Minnetonka, Hill Murray and Grabd Rapids when they were class AA champions. Yes quite a curse. They could have won AA tourney,
I don't believe they could have won the AA tourney this year. It's a lot tougher (A LOT) to win 3 games in 3 days playing against highly skilled teams. Even some of the best AA teams in recent history couldn't string that together.
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

That’s exactly right! And that’s why the top A team is scared to move to class AA!
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

3/27 defense finally stopped carpetbombing the forum with inane comments.
3/28 ClassAGuy started a string of inane comments.

Both seem to have a lot of interest in 6A, and LOVE big city schools kicking butt in the A tourney.

Coincidence?....
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

Hunters1993 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:47 pm That’s exactly right! And that’s why the top A team is scared to move to class AA!
Then quit saying they could have won the AA tourney
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

I’m guaranteeing that they wouldn’t have made 9 out of 11 tourneys and would not have made eight straight c-chips.

That is why a class team is staying put in class A.this is my point.
ClassAGuy

Post by ClassAGuy »

rainier2 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:58 pm

Both seem to have a lot of interest in 6A, and LOVE big city schools kicking butt in the A tourney.

Coincidence?....
#-o

I am not defense ... I don't love big city schools kicking butt I just thought it was a good Class Tournmanet of Talent and the more of casual fan came to watch. I don't want to turn this into another Hermantown Hate thread.

Rainier again I am sorry I just wanted to get into some banter with you because I personally thought Class A has been good of late.

I have an interest in All of Class A my original intent of joining the board was to give a Karl scope on class a but as the year went on Elliott and Stang did a pretty good job and better then I could do.

Next year I think it should be fun
1A
Dodge County will Lamb and the Rochester transfers make the programs 1st tounrey
ManKato East Great core of young talent coming Back

2A (Deepest)
Delano return all the pieces if they have a goalie
Armstrong/Cooper Build off last years run
Orono great youth feeder but they play AA now so not good
Breck Should be very strong

3A
New Ulm A Bantams went to state
LDC great numbers this group should be tough

4A
Gentry- Might be the best in Class A graduated no one and will bring in Tier one kids
Mahtomedi- Defending Champs and great AA Feeder
St Paul Johnson- might be the last chance for this program to get to the bright lights

5A
Monticello- Seem to have become the clear favorite here.

6A
Little Falls- Returns all the pieces should be very good
Alex- New Coach and a great youth program
Fergus- Glory days of one of the old Class A programs return?

7A
Hermantown the most controversial team in Class A
Denfeld- The David everyone will be rooting for!

8A
EGF- Return a ton of pieces do they have a Goalie
Warroad- Return a ton of Pieces can they find a goalie and guy to replace 27
TRF- Never count out the Prowlers!

Regardless what you think about my opinion on the tournament I am hoping we can all agree it will be another fun year in Class A next year!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Coincidence?....
Not the same person.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

east hockey wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:12 pm

Coincidence?....
Not the same person.

Lee
Crap! I'll need another theory... 8)
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

ClassAGuy wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:26 pm

Coincidence?....
#-o

I am not defense ... I don't love big city schools kicking butt I just thought it was a good Class Tournmanet of Talent and the more of casual fan came to watch. I don't want to turn this into another Hermantown Hate thread.

Rainier again I am sorry I just wanted to get into some banter with you because I personally thought Class A has been good of late.

I have an interest in All of Class A my original intent of joining the board was to give a Karl scope on class a but as the year went on Elliott and Stang did a pretty good job and better then I could do.

Next year I think it should be fun
1A
Dodge County will Lamb and the Rochester transfers make the programs 1st tounrey
ManKato East Great core of young talent coming Back

2A (Deepest)
Delano return all the pieces if they have a goalie
Armstrong/Cooper Build off last years run
Orono great youth feeder but they play AA now so not good
Breck Should be very strong

3A
New Ulm A Bantams went to state
LDC great numbers this group should be tough

4A
Gentry- Might be the best in Class A graduated no one and will bring in Tier one kids
Mahtomedi- Defending Champs and great AA Feeder
St Paul Johnson- might be the last chance for this program to get to the bright lights

5A
Monticello- Seem to have become the clear favorite here.

6A
Little Falls- Returns all the pieces should be very good
Alex- New Coach and a great youth program
Fergus- Glory days of one of the old Class A programs return?

7A
Hermantown the most controversial team in Class A
Denfeld- The David everyone will be rooting for!

8A
EGF- Return a ton of pieces do they have a Goalie
Warroad- Return a ton of Pieces can they find a goalie and guy to replace 27
TRF- Never count out the Prowlers!

Regardless what you think about my opinion on the tournament I am hoping we can all agree it will be another fun year in Class A next year!
Will SCC's drop off really be that steep?
kniven

Post by kniven »

This thread is about as useless as defense and Duluth hunter are to this forum✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼✌🏼
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

....or a clown's endless ramblings.
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

rainier2 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:24 pm Will SCC's drop off really be that steep?
I’m not as bearish on SCC as Class A Guy regarding their prospects for next season, but Cathedral will only be returning 26.7% of their regular season scoring (assuming everyone comes back). So it could be a bit of a rebuild, and there doesn’t appear to be much coming up from the Bantam ranks.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

The Hermantown topic appears to have overflowed its boundaries.