Hometown Heroes

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

raidergrad72

Hometown Heroes

Post by raidergrad72 »

I'm not sure if this belongs on the high school forum, but did anyone watch the series on channel 5 about the 1980 Miracle on Ice hockey team?
It was a 4 parter & I though it was excellent, especially the 3/29/20 episode. Toward the end of that episode there was quite a touching tribute to Herb Brooks from former players & his family. I kind of teared up over that.
According to the players, Herbie seemed to be the sort of fellow you could turn to for advice & help even after your career with him was over. Herbie seemed to know what to say to help & those players carried advice from him forward to today to use in their own lives.
Not sure if there's a part 5 next Sun. or not. i don't thinks so but I'll be checking.
One player missing during the run down of the Mn. guys was Mark Pavelich. We all know what's going on with him & I hope & pray he gets the help he needs & can someday find the peace he's looking for.

Have a virus-free day!! :D
Last edited by raidergrad72 on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slap Shot

Re: Hometown Heroes

Post by Slap Shot »

Was the series titled, "Hometown Heroes"? Trying to find any of the episodes on YT but nothing yet.

Thanks
jdh

Post by jdh »

Slap Shot wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:06 am Was the series titled, "Hometown Heroes"? Trying to find any of the episodes on YT but nothing yet.

Thanks
It is finished. Last one was last Sunday. Good series, lots of Minnesota folks in it.
BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver »

I went and looked on the KSTP website and could not find anything up yet.
raidergrad72

Re: Hometown Miracle

Post by raidergrad72 »

BSUBeaver wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:47 pm I went and looked on the KSTP website and could not find anything up yet.
BSU Beaver,
My bad. The name of the show is Hometown Miracle. I looked at my DVR recordings this morning & this is the accurate name.
Sorry about that & apologies to the rest of the readers.
Last edited by raidergrad72 on Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

raidergrad72 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:19 pm I'm not sure if this belongs on the high school forum, but did anyone watch the series on channel 5 about the 1980 Miracle on Ice hockey team?
It was a 4 parter & I though it was excellent, especially the 3/29/20 episode. Toward the end of that episode there was quite a touching tribute to Herb Brooks from former players & his family. I kind of teared up over that.
According to the players, Herbie seemed to be the sort of fellow you could turn to for advice & help even after your career with him was over. Herbie seemed to know what to say to help & those players carried advice from him forward to today to use in their own lives.
Not sure if there's a part 5 next Sun. or not. i don't thinks so but I'll be checking.
One player missing during the run down of the Mn. guys was Mark Pavelich. We all know what's going on with him & I hope & pray he gets the help he needs & can someday find the peace he's looking for.

BSUBeaver

Post by BSUBeaver »

raidergrad72 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:41 am
BSUBeaver wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:47 pm I went and looked on the KSTP website and could not find anything up yet.
BSU Beaver,
My bad. The name of the show is Hometown Miracle. I looked at my DVR recordings this morning & this is the accurate name.
Sorry about that & apologies to the rest of the readers.
No problem at all Raider. I went and did a quick search on KSTP for Hometown Miracle and got nothing on that as well..... Oh well, maybe it will show up after a while.
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

raidergrad72 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:19 pm I'm not sure if this belongs on the high school forum, but did anyone watch the series on channel 5 about the 1980 Miracle on Ice hockey team?

Good news for all of you who missed this the first time. Hometown Miracle will repeat this Saturday April 18th from noon to two pm CDT on KSTP channel 5.
Remember it's Hometown MIRACLE.
Be well everyone.