The Hermantown Thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Hunters1993

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Hunters1993 »

MINISTER

<t>Today we meet to mourn A Class Hockey, and the one program that could save it couldn’t even succeed! The Herman(Ely,Virginia, Proctor, Denfeld, Hayward)town Hawks did everything they could to save the pitiful Class A tourney. They took players from all over northern Minnesota to try to build a program that can sustain the greatness of northern hockey. But alas they could barely beat the hated 80+ other class A teams. <br/>
<br/>

HERMANTOWN PARENTS
The hated AD and Mr Andrews are the real evil in the situation! Let’s talk to a great hockey mind of northern Minnesota hockey to give its epilogue.

No longer is it accepted that teams will have up and down cycles in talent, now it just means your program sucks, and any top players still there better transfer to Hermantown, or CEC, or someplace else with reportedly greener grass to make sure those players' NHL careers aren't derailed by having to play for the #4 seed in 7A. It's complete and utter madness, and with Range kids now going to Hermantown for their <I><s></s>senior year<e></e></I> to "get noticed", it's reaching full-blown, marbles-lost, truly-gone-fishing insanity.<br/>

MINISTER
Those are some great points that must not be missed if we are To save class A hockey.

ALL of MINNESOTA HOCKEY
The entire state totally respects Hermantown ‘s power. The AA blue blood s schedule and bow to them every year during the regular season. Kids flock to play their youth and high school hockey there. And the Cake Metro A power programs tremble at just the thought of beating Hermantown in a game that matters. Hermantown isn’t going anywhere. So instead of complaining them out, all the people that fear them will just have to beat them out. Duluth East and Hermantown and Grand Rapids and Moorhead and Roseau and Warroad rule

Another great point. Northern hockey must remember that we are being saved by this small town hockey program and must nestle under its strong wings in order to save class A hockey. Quick Denfeld, Ely, Virginia, Hibbing, Eveleth, North Shore, Proctor. Not just the northern teams need to settle under these strong wings. Come to us and be comforted St Cloud Cathedral, Hutchinson, Warroad, Mankato East, Monticello, and all other programs in class A hockey. This gathering of talent is much like when superhero’s gather to fight evil metro teams.

MINISTER
Yes you are so correct Hermantown Hockey.

You have more great please tell us more Hermantown Hockey

HERMANTOWN HOCKEY
I love the fact that the metro brain trust can’t figure out and beat north’s Hermantown Hawks. It’s great to see the metro money, and power, and influence bowing down to Hermantown every year. Its pretty awesome!!!

All HoCKEY PROGRAMS but HERMANTOWN
Yes but how do we save class A hockey Hermantown before it’s too late?

HERMANTOWN HOCKEY
Let us take your talent and pool superhero’s who can fight the evil metro for you. Here are the players we will need

People always ask how many Non-Hermantown kids are on their team and you hear a bunch of speculation, blither, yarn-spinning, etc. So I thought it might be helpful if we just laid it all out so people don't have to speculate anymore. <br/>
<br/>
9 Gavin Blomdahl - F 10th - Gavin open-enrolls from Denfeld. He has never lived a day of his life in Hermantown School District.<br/>
C<br/>
10 Zach Kilen - F 12 - Zach came from Virginia his Senior year. Family did not move, Dad has same job for US Steel and Mom works for Virginia School District. They got him a fake address so that he would be eligible. <br/>
<br/>
14 Cole Antcliff F 11 - Cole open-enrolls from Proctor. He has never lived a day of his life in the Hermantown School District.<br/>
<br/>
16 - Drew Sams - D 12 - Drew started out playing for CEC. Moved to Hermantown for the guaranteed trip to State.<br/>
<br/>
18- Joey Pierce - D 11 - We all know Joey. Moved to Hermantown to play Hockey. <br/>
<br/>
24- Ethan Lund - F 11 Moved to Hermantown from Hayward, Wisconsin for the guaranteed trip to State. Mom and Dad both still work in Wisconsin. No move for job involved here, whatsoever. <br/>
<br/>
25 - Chase Sams - F 10 - See above for brother. Moved for Hockey<br/>
<br/>
32 - Jacob Backstrom - G 12 - Started out playing for CEC - Hermantown can't/won't develop Goalies, so they recruit them. Their Youth Program has been going after every goalies in the area for years. They got this one, and almost got Walsh last year. Do not be surprised if Walsh ends up there next year. He will be at the Summer Skates!<br/>
<br/>
37 - Zach Carson - D 12 - Open-Enrollee from Denfeld and a Stalwart on their Blue Line this year. Zach has never lived a day of his life in the Hermantown School District.
<e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE></r>

HERMNTOWN HOCKEY
But the evil in the metro have the tv to speak out against us just Look

With the Hermantown-Mahtomedi matchup, now 35 of the last 42 participants in the Class A title game are from metro areas. The founders of Class A are rolling in their graves. See Hermantown is our only hope. Gather northern hockey and pray that the Hermantown program is enough to save class A hockey.

Then those in public place hurl insults.

ALL NONHERMANTOWN PEOPLE
Hermantown is killing class A hockey, Scott Poink knows it, Lou Nanne knows it, and 99% of hockey knows it.

HERMANTOWN HOCKEY
Alas it is just the opposite Hermantown will save class A hockey. Hell Hermantown make Class A Hockey Great Again. Send them your best players and we may yet be able to save class A hockey!

HERMANTOWN HOCKEY
Look what we have already done for Class A hockey. Please let us help you small school hockey!

NONHERMANTOWN PEOPLE
Count again. 2007, 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016,2017,2020. In thirteen years<br/>
<br/>
Run of 8 straight championship games. Name me another team tgat has done that. <br/>

To close our funeral we will get a few words from minister

ALL MINNESOTA HOCKEY(except HERMANTOWN)
Hey people don’t lose your common sense here. It’s not bullying for crying out loud. It’s simply the same as an NHL team playing in the Calder Cup playoffs. D1 college playing D3 playoffs. And that makes Hermantown a disgrace to game of hockey. Don’t care what their school size is since that don’t matter to the HS league and is irrelevant. They recruit top talent so go compete against top talent. It actually makes them look like losers and most people have a poor opinion of Hermantown people but Hermantown people don’t care. I’m guessing a lot of Bernie supporters in H-town

And to close

MINISTER
REST IN PEACE CLASS A Hockey. <br/>
<br/>
The death of many because of one. 13 championship games in 15 years. Hermantown champions of class A. For next ten years. Congratulations <B><s></s><U><s></s>Back Pedaling "Coach" Andrews<e></e></U><e></e></B> and Clark!
#KEEPTHEKIDSINTHECLASSROOM
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

kniven wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:16 pm
rainier2 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:10 pm With the Hermantown-Mahtomedi matchup, now 35 of the last 42 participants in the Class A title game are from metro areas. The founders of Class A are rolling in their graves. :?
Yep. And that is why there is talk of A champ playing AA champ on Monday night.
OK so what you want this to be is a NORTHERN tournament. Because what has Mahtomedi EVER accomplished in this tourney? Since 1992, this is their FIRST final ever in A. I think the problem more than anything is optics and defining what those parameters are for A. I suspect the league will snub it because they are more objective than the one's proposing the change.
I can splash in the rink puddles!
defense

Post by defense »

I think from what I'm reading that the teams must be from a community of under 5000 people that is located no closer than 40 miles from a population center of 50000 or more who play the same level as them. They must never have had any hockey success in the past ( much less any sort of dynasty) and have to ONLY play teams from communities of 5000 or less that are located at least 40 miles from a population Center and haven't opted up in the regular season. Moreover, the youth clubs from the community of a class A team MUST compete in Minnesota Hockey A league in all levels.
All players on class A teams must have been born and bread within school district boundaries of the school which they represent. And most importantly, a class A team who wins a championship, is required to spend at least 6 years with losing records never advancing to section finals, or opt up and play class AA hockey.
Otter Hockey Rocks
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

Eight straight championship games. Time to play with the big boys.
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

Mahtomedi and Hermantown both play AA at youth levels, but step down to Class A once they get to high school. Gross.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Why are the A and AA winners justified in facing each other?
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

rainier2 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:27 am Mahtomedi and Hermantown both play AA at youth levels, but step down to Class A once they get to high school. Gross.

In that regard I suppose, but in terms of success in the A tourney.....
kniven

Post by kniven »

Hunters 1993. You are out of control. You are going to be banned from the forum if you don’t grow up real fast....
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
Edinahopkins

Post by Edinahopkins »

Come on people Hermantown is not moving up they lost to Grand Rapids and lakeville South as the Hermantown Community said see we are a single A team . For the rest of section 7 A you might as well all opt up to AA then they would have just as good chance to go to state in AA as they do now with Hermantown in A. As for Hermantown they can just be the lone team in 7 A and get the automatic bid to state because all the AA teams are to good for them.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Edinahopkins wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:17 pm Come on people Hermantown is not moving up they lost to Grand Rapids and lakeville South as the Hermantown Community said see we are a single A team . For the rest of section 7 A you might as well all opt up to AA then they would have just as good chance to go to state in AA as they do now with Hermantown in A. As for Hermantown they can just be the lone team in 7 A and get the automatic bid to state because all the AA teams are to good for them.
I really could see that happening. What would the MSHSL do. They would probably turn them down on their opt up requests.
Bonin2121

Post by Bonin2121 »

What a shame
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

Time for Andrews to get the axe? Three years as head coach, three colossal chokes. :oops:
kniven

Post by kniven »

rainier2 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:49 pm Time for Andrews to get the axe? Three years as head coach, three colossal chokes. :oops:
I totally agree. He’s a whiner. This team needs a well respected grownup at its helm. Andrews can go back to coaching youth hockey.
Yoopskater

Post by Yoopskater »

rainier2 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:49 pm Time for Andrews to get the axe? Three years as head coach, three colossal chokes. :oops:
I would love to hear from someone who knows hockey and knows Hermantown hockey well enough to know what Hermantown did or didn’t do in order to ‘choke’. They put 42 shots on goal. They bore down and tied it in the last minute, not the usual characteristics for chokers. The only thing that jumped out at me was it didn’t seem like their forwards did a very good job of picking up guys backchecking.
rainier2

Post by rainier2 »

Yoopskater wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:17 pm
I would love to hear from someone who knows hockey and knows Hermantown hockey well enough to know what Hermantown did or didn’t do in order to ‘choke’. They put 42 shots on goal. They bore down and tied it in the last minute, not the usual characteristics for chokers. The only thing that jumped out at me was it didn’t seem like their forwards did a very good job of picking up guys backchecking.
True, but results are results, and after three years of falling short, just makes you wonder if the Hawks promoted the wrong guy, that's all. In fact, I'd say putting 42 shots on goal and only scoring two-one on a butt goal of a defender and the other a questionable goal with a man in the crease-makes it even more of a head scratching choke job.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Who would be some of the candidates to replace the whiner. Maybe D1 coach or pro scout. Derek Plante maybe. Scotty P. Bruce Plante comes back.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Dave Esse?
kniven

Post by kniven »

mulefarm wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:18 pmDave Esse?
I think that would easily be an option for Hermantown.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

Yoopskater wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:17 pm
Not a choke job. Hockey Gods. It's in "the plan" for the Hawks to lose. Sure, the Hockey Gods will throw them a bone every few years out of pity but other than that it'll be watching someone else hoist the trophy until they repent their sins.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

kniven wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:36 pm Who would be some of the candidates to replace the whiner[/b]. Maybe D1 coach or pro scout. Derek Plante maybe. Scotty P. Bruce Plante comes back.

LMAO :lol: :lol:
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

kniven wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:11 pm Hunters 1993. You are out of control. You are going to be banned from the forum if you don’t grow up real fast....
For what? I have used no inappropriate language, lied, put words in people’s mouths?
Hunters1993

Post by Hunters1993 »

I’m also sticking with this statement

Also had a thought. Do you think a coach who takes over a hockey program like Hermantown really has any say in anything todo with the program.

I had a conspiracy theory

Do you think everyone involved with Hermantown hockey really wants to stay in class A? They all put Andrews as coach and told him to hold the flag for staying in class A and all the parents get to look the victim and Andrews gets to take all the heat! The program thrives and enjoys their success and Andrews gets to stand at the firing line. Thoughts on that one,

Any here comes the heat! Just like I predicted!
Andrews stands in front and takes the blame for staying in class A. He gets to stand there and take the heat for the superhero teams inability to mold and form a team that can bring home the little trophy. Here come parents and players with their pitchforks. Little a Hermantown you have a great little thing going.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

Hunters1993 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:03 am I’m also sticking with this statement

Also had a thought. Do you think a coach who takes over a hockey program like Hermantown really has any say in anything todo with the program.

Do you think everyone involved with Hermantown hockey really wants to stay in class A? They all put Andrews as coach and told him to hold the flag for staying in class A and all the parents get to look the victim and Andrews gets to take all the heat! The program thrives and enjoys their success and Andrews gets to stand at the firing line. Thoughts on that one,

Andrews stands in front and takes the blame for staying in class A. He gets to stand there and take the heat for the superhero teams inability to mold and form a team that can bring home the little trophy. Here come parents and players with their pitchforks. Little a Hermantown you have a great little thing going.
When Pat got the job, he said publicly that they were a AA program and it was only a matter of time. He changed his tune after that. I know Pat. He is a great guy. He struggles with that decision. He has lost sleep over it. It’s not his final decision but if he fought for it I think it would happen. But he’s not fighting for it. He’s caught up in the status quo. Beth makes the decision and she knows NOTHING about hockey.
Upfan111

Post by Upfan111 »

Hunters1993 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:25 am
kniven wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:11 pm Hunters 1993. You are out of control. You are going to be banned from the forum if you don’t grow up real fast....
For what? I have used no inappropriate language, lied, put words in people’s mouths?
Don't listen to him, after getting drilled on here he's showing face again and still making talking out of both sides of his mouth. With what you've said you aren't getting banned.

*Calling Andrews a whiner; you love Hermantown, single A hockey and Andrews.
*Andrews is not getting fired.
*Hermantown would not hire Dave Esse.
defense

Post by defense »

Hunters1993 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:03 am I’m also sticking with this statement

In a program I think a coach gets an opinion on these things, as to how much weight it carries is variable. If his opinion is that this team should change leagues and he is told that isnt going to happen and he can deal with it... then who is to judge?? It is his job! If he cannot deal with it, then he should find new work. Pretty simple. And in any of the anecdotes I have read on here regarding his opinion, I haven't saw one that said they HAVE to go AA or else.. just that he thought they were that caliber and its only a matter of time... he stays as coach and is happy as far as any info I have is concerned
Otter Hockey Rocks