Out State Recruitment -- STA this year and going forward

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

smhockey77

Out State Recruitment -- STA this year and going forward

Post by smhockey77 »

I am aware recruiting has been discussed many times and it's a problem that is made increasingly hard to deal with as Open Enrollment makes it nearly impossible to curb. However, the blatant use of out of state kids to fill spots on high school teams is where I think things are going off the rails. I mean at what point is St Thomas held to the same standard as say a Shattuck St Mary's?

The point of this thread is to call out AD's, Coaches, and Parents and bring light to a situation that will only get worse. Eigner is known for these actions and if unchecked will continue for as long as he is allowed to. The playing field is slanted, community based teams are at a decided disadvantage once out of state players are allowed to roll in for their senior season. It's a complete joke. If nothing will be done, then make the Privates play in their own section and once can represent the group at State. Let them police themselves, then something might happen. I won't hold my breath.

The STA Player Issues

Their starting goalie is from Winchester Mass and magically he shows up at St Thomas for his senior season? Did his family move here by chance? Why did this kid simply say "no comment" when asked why he came to STA from the Omaha Lancers...he was coached to say that.
Family never sold their Home in Mass so who knows where he is living in MN. His Goalie School in Mass congratulated him on winning the quarterfinal game. =D>
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/3 ... mmy-aitken

His playing history says it all! https://sites.google.com/a/stopitgoalte ... INGHISTORY

#11 is from Chicago and admitted in his senior speech to Eigner going to Chicago to "talk" to him. His family never relocated to Minnesota per MSHSL rules he is ineligible on that alone. Extensive proof was sent to the MSHSL 2 weeks ago with no response. I have a full slide show as proof.

Per MSHSL guidelines all family AND Siblings must terminate occupancy of previous residence. His sister still lives in Chicago, with the parents and participates in high school sports (as proved with facebook posts).

Additionally, on the day this proof was brought to STA athletic director, the Dad's facebook page which was used as proof the family never relocated, magically disappeared. Why would anyone delete their Facebook page unless they were hiding something?

Oh, and Mom and Dad were seen on American Airlines Flight #4160 from Chicago to MSP on the day of the section final, another coincidence I am sure.

#11 moved in for his Senior year, this should simply not be allowed. https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/4 ... chenberger

Would sure be nice if the MSHSL actually did it's job a started policing things. As of now I was told it's up to each institution to self report, which is ludicrous. Don't get me started on how the heck Motzko can be eligible for Cathedral...the system favors those with the Money and the willingness to cheat, bottom line.
Attachments
Stop It Goaltending.jpg
Stop It Goaltending.jpg (95.44 KiB) Viewed 11767 times
O-townClown

Re: Out State Recruitment -- STA this year and going forward

Post by O-townClown »

Minnesota high school hockey, worth moving for it's so good.
Be kind. Rewind.
deacon

Post by deacon »

I wish STA was still a boarding school.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

That player's bio you linked to is incredible. Whoever maintains that has put in an unbelievable amount of time.
Be kind. Rewind.
smhockey77

Post by smhockey77 »

O-townClown wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:25 pm Minnesota high school hockey, worth moving for it's so good.
That's just it, "they" don't move, so therefore inelgible.
jeffpv

Post by jeffpv »

Private schools should have their own section. If they have a hockey team, they are in that section. I think let that section play at state, still. I don’t see how that is unreasonable. Almost by definition, they have different standards than the publics.
kniven

Post by kniven »

I copied your post to my Facebook page. It will spread from there.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
defense

Post by defense »

O-townClown wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:25 pm Minnesota high school hockey, worth moving for it's so good.
This
Otter Hockey Rocks
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

This is a serious question. I honestly don't know the rules.

Could that goalie and this other kid do this exact same thing with a public school in MN? In other words, these kids came to STA. Could they have also gone to Edina? Or Minnetonka? Stillwater? Or can this only be done because STA is a private school? To put it another way: all things exactly the same in this scenario, would anything be different with a public school versus a private school?
Last edited by BlueLineSpecial on Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

On the last YHH podcast, Tony mentioned at the beginning of the show about a team in the tournament with potential ineligible player issues, but didn't name the team. I'm speculating that team is STA based on the information in the original post and the "no comment" moment at the press conference. If this is indeed the case, things will get a little juicy if STA goes all the way.
Last edited by ryguyMN on Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
smhockey77

Post by smhockey77 »

BlueLineSpecial wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:47 pm This is a serious question. I honestly don't know the rules.

Could that goalie and this other kid do this exact same thing with a public school in MN? In other words, these kids came to STA. Could they have also gone to Edina? Or Minnetonka? Stillwater? Or can this only be done because STA is a private school?
Without moving the entire family, It would awfully difficult, there would be a lot more noise. It is so easy as a Private to circumvent the rules.
smhockey77

Post by smhockey77 »

ryguyMN wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:48 pm On the last YHH podcast, Tony mentioned at the beginning of the show about a team in the tournament with potential ineligible player issues, but didn't name the team. I'm speculating that team is STA based on the information in the original post. If this is indeed the case, things will get a little juicy if STA goes all the way.
It is, we have sent the info to many outlets. MSHSL is simply not responding and STA Athletic Director is walking the company line.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

smhockey77 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:52 pm It is, we have sent the info to many outlets. MSHSL is simply not responding and STA Athletic Director is walking the company line.
Interesting. Thanks! MSHSL has to do their own investigating before they can comment.
Last edited by ryguyMN on Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
BlueLineSpecial

smhockey77 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:51 pm
BlueLineSpecial wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:47 pm This is a serious question. I honestly don't know the rules.

Could that goalie and this other kid do this exact same thing with a public school in MN? In other words, these kids came to STA. Could they have also gone to Edina? Or Minnetonka? Stillwater? Or can this only be done because STA is a private school?
Without moving the entire family, It would awfully difficult, there would be a lot more noise. It is so easy as a Private to circumvent the rules.
Can you (or someone) expand on that? The narrative above, and I'm not saying it's true...I have no idea...is that these kids are playing for a MN team without having moved their families. Why is that exclusive to privates versus publics? Seems to me that would be considered a no-no for any team, regardless of private or public. Again, I just don't know all of these rules. What I'm trying to understand is if this is an issue, or a private issue.
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

ryguyMN wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:48 pm On the last YHH podcast, Tony mentioned at the beginning of the show about a team in the tournament with potential ineligible player issues, but didn't name the team. I'm speculating that team is STA based on the information in the original post and the "no comment" moment at the press conference. If this is indeed the case, things will get a little juicy if STA goes all the way.
Does anybody remember a goalie Orlando Alamano came up [from California] to play for the Eastview Lightning when they were a new school/team circa 2001. The Lightning went on to win the consolation championship that year. If I recall correctly, a few months or so later, he was deemed an ineligible, illegal player, and they took the consolation banner from Eastview.

Somebody should keep an eye on the St Thomas bench these next two games in case you hear anybody banging on any garbage cans.
Edinahopkins

Post by Edinahopkins »

Who recruits better St Thomas or eden prairie?
smhockey77

Post by smhockey77 »

BlueLineSpecial wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:57 pm

Can you (or someone) expand on that? The narrative above, and I'm not saying it's true...I have no idea...is that these kids are playing for a MN team without having moved their families. Why is that exclusive to privates versus publics? Seems to me that would be considered a no-no for any team, regardless of private or public. Again, I just don't know all of these rules. What I'm trying to understand is if this is an issue, or a private issue.
Below regarding change of residence requirement. It is a State specific rule to prevent Kids from other states attending a Minnesota school for the sole purpose of playing a sport.

Change of Residence. A change of residence is the actual physical relocation by the parents or guardians of a student with the intent to reside indefinitely at a new residence in Minnesota and terminate all occupancy of a previous residence.
The change in residence must be bona fide, include other minor siblings and involve a transfer from one public school district attendance area to another public school district attendance area.
2. For purposes of eligibility determinations, the residence of a student shall be the bona fide location of the residence and must include occupancy by the students’ parents or guardians in the public school attendance area. Both parents, except as otherwise provided herein, must physically reside at the residence on a regular basis for the duration of the student’s enrollment.
3. If a student is married, the student’s residence is determined by the bona fide residence where the student and the student’s spouse actually reside.
4. In determining whether a change in residence is bona fide, a member school and the League may consider, but will not be limited to: A. New mailing address of the parents or guardians B. Voting registration of parents or guardians that coincides with the new residence C. Driver’s license registration that coincides with the new residence D. Purchase or rental agreements E. Any other reliable evidence of residency
BlueLineSpecial

smhockey77 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Below regarding change of residence requirement. It is a State specific rule to prevent Kids from other states attending a Minnesota school for the sole purpose of playing a sport.

Change of Residence. A change of residence is the actual physical relocation by the parents or guardians of a student with the intent to reside indefinitely at a new residence in Minnesota and terminate all occupancy of a previous residence.
The change in residence must be bona fide, include other minor siblings and involve a transfer from one public school district attendance area to another public school district attendance area.
2. For purposes of eligibility determinations, the residence of a student shall be the bona fide location of the residence and must include occupancy by the students’ parents or guardians in the public school attendance area. Both parents, except as otherwise provided herein, must physically reside at the residence on a regular basis for the duration of the student’s enrollment.
3. If a student is married, the student’s residence is determined by the bona fide residence where the student and the student’s spouse actually reside.
4. In determining whether a change in residence is bona fide, a member school and the League may consider, but will not be limited to: A. New mailing address of the parents or guardians B. Voting registration of parents or guardians that coincides with the new residence C. Driver’s license registration that coincides with the new residence D. Purchase or rental agreements E. Any other reliable evidence of residency
Thanks. I guess what I was trying to determine is if doing this is somehow a private school issue. What I'm gleaning is that it isn't. This can just as easily be a public school as it could be a private school doing it. I don't agree with it regardless. Thats not my point. It's just lame when jeffpv and others try to turn this into an exclusively private school issue. Why are we morphing this into a call for a separate private section when it's clearly a more general rules and eligibility issue not specific to privates?
smhockey77

Post by smhockey77 »

BlueLineSpecial wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:13 pm

Thanks. I guess what I was trying to determine is if doing this is somehow a private school issue. What I'm gleaning is that it isn't. This can just as easily be a public school as it could be a private school doing it. I don't agree with it regardless. Thats not my point. It's just lame when jeffpv and others try to turn this into an exclusively private school issue. Why are we morphing this into a call for a separate private section when it's clearly a more general rules and eligibility issue not specific to privates?
It's way easier for a private school to get away with this...I mean if it was not for the kids senior speech, nobody would have known! If a senior Goalie from Colorado moved into our town and took over as starting goalie and we made a run at a State tournament, people would wonder where he was for the past 4 years, with a Private, nobody knows where the kids come from, it's the wild wild west.
BlueLineSpecial

smhockey77 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:17 pm

It's way easier for a private school to get away with this...I mean if it was not for the kids senior speech, nobody would have known! If a senior Goalie from Colorado moved into our town and took over as starting goalie and we made a run at a State tournament, people would wonder where he was for the past 4 years, with a Private, nobody knows where the kids come from, it's the wild wild west.
Fair point. But you're talking about perception v actual enforcement of rules. From an optics perspective people might wonder more how this senior goalie miraculously arrived to the community to help make a tourney run than they would wonder the same thing with a private. But that doesn't change the fact that the enforcement body has a responsibility to address it whether it be private or public.

BTW....it shouldn't take people sending twitter feed screenshots to the enforcement body to look into things.
smhockey77

Post by smhockey77 »

BlueLineSpecial wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:23 pm
smhockey77 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:17 pm

Fair point. But you're talking about perception v actual enforcement of rules. From an optics perspective people might wonder more how this senior goalie miraculously arrived to the community to help make a tourney run than they would wonder the same thing with a private. But that doesn't change the fact that the enforcement body has a responsibility to address it whether it be private or public.

BTW....it shouldn't take people sending twitter feed screenshots to the enforcement body to look into things.
I think your last point is the main issue...MSHSL needs to do their job and School Admins need to start holding themselves to a high standard.
OBOY

Post by OBOY »

The Minnesota Model Community based hockey is the best in America! Some schools are starting to skirt the rules. The MSHSL is suppose to police this! They clearly are not.

This rule looks very clear to me.

100.00 Bylaws General Eligibility: General Eligibility

1) Change of Residence:
*Include other minor siblings

If this kids sibling is actually going to school and playing sports in Chicago how did he become eligible to play? He came to St Thomas his Sr year only.

This rule would looks very clear as well. States you are to terminate all occupancy at previous residence. This sounds like the sibling is going to school and playing sports in Chicago. What’s the odds they also moved out of their Chicago hone?

100.00 Bylaws: General Eligibility

1) Change of Residency:
*Terminate all occupancy of previous residence. Must be Bona Fide.

Trent Eigner all he does is recruit! Look at all the move in when he was at North now it’s starting at St Thomas. Hmmm

Let’s do a 5 year experiment:
1) St Thomas
2) Hill Murray
3) Blake
4) BSM
5) Holy Family
6) Cretin
7) Totino Grace
8) Holy Family

Put them in the same section for five years. Let’s see how many top hockey players go to those schools. Let’s remember your picking a private school for education not Sports.
WBLPuck99

Post by WBLPuck99 »

It's clearly not a private school only issue. It's also not always an in state/out of state issue. It's also not an every kid issue. There are some circumstances that it is clearly a circumvention of the rules or a player just chasing a championship, but there are definitely scenarios in which the player is legitimately just trying to play hockey.

His playing history has the MN blades in 2011, so he must have had a connection to MN somehow, someway.
deacon

Post by deacon »

Why can’t you pick a school for good athletics and good curriculum?
smhockey77

Post by smhockey77 »

OBOY wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:01 pm The Minnesota Model Community based hockey is the best in America! Some schools are starting to skirt the rules. The MSHSL is suppose to police this! They clearly are not.

This rule looks very clear to me.

100.00 Bylaws General Eligibility: General Eligibility

1) Change of Residence:
*Include other minor siblings

If this kids sibling is actually going to school and playing sports in Chicago how did he become eligible to play? He came to St Thomas his Sr year only.

This rule would looks very clear as well. States you are to terminate all occupancy at previous residence. This sounds like the sibling is going to school and playing sports in Chicago. What’s the odds they also moved out of their Chicago hone?

100.00 Bylaws: General Eligibility

1) Change of Residency:
*Terminate all occupancy of previous residence. Must be Bona Fide.

Trent Eigner all he does is recruit! Look at all the move in when he was at North now it’s starting at St Thomas. Hmmm

Let’s do a 5 year experiment:
1) St Thomas
2) Hill Murray
3) Blake
4) BSM
5) Holy Family
6) Cretin
7) Totino Grace
8) Holy Family

Put them in the same section for five years. Let’s see how many top hockey players go to those schools. Let’s remember your picking a private school for education not Sports.
His sister 100% plays high school sports and lives in Chicago(proven via Facebook posts provided to MSHSL and STA Athletic Director. His dad is a pilot, and per law he must update his Pilots license within 30 days of moving to a new state. This never happened. See his flight logs, many flights corresponding with St Thomas hockey games.

There are public records for Flight Plans through the FAA and it does not look good for their proclaimed residency in MN.  His airplane license is N-703TE and all flights are tracked by this license.   There are so many obvious issues with his flights into MN.  I will plot this out on a calendar for you later tonight to more easily read.  It’s not good for him.   (Attachments below) 

Secondly, he is REQUIRED by federal law to update the license of his airplane within 30 days once a new address has been established This has NOT occurred and is an obvious attempt to game the MSHSL rules   Federal issue too.  Here are the federal rules for planes and his current (as of tonight) registration   Still Chicago. 

FAA Registration in updated daily- indicated on document as well

The FAA flight information is public and is tracked on an app through the tail number of the plane (License number) He also knew the law that requires you to register your plane when you move to a new residence. Just like you’re required to for a drivers license. It’s been 6 months and he hasn’t registered his plane in MN per regulations.
Last edited by smhockey77 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.