Delano vs Mahtomedi

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

elliott70

Delano vs Mahtomedi

Post by elliott70 »

Delano
Led by junior forward Adam Brown (team-best 21 goals), senior defenseman Chuck Campion, junior defenseman Jack Keranen (18 points) and sophomore Jesse Peterson (33 points).
Coached by Gerrit van Bergen.

Mahtomedi
Led by sophomore Ben Dardis in goal, senior forward Colin Hagstrom, junior Ethan Peterson, and by senior Nicolai Dulak (26 goals, 50 points).
Coached by Jeff Poeschl

Can the defense of Delano keep it close enough to pull the mild (/) upset?
Most think this is the game of the day.
Sparlimb

Re: Delano vs Mahtomedi

Post by Sparlimb »

I'm going East Side Pride here. Mahtomedi wins by 3.

Not that I've seen Delano this year. So who knows.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

I just told my wife. In the Tradition Rich Metro East, we don't mind going down 2-0.

Naturally she rolled her eyes...
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Sparlimb wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:20 pm I just told my wife. In the Tradition Rich Metro East, we don't mind going down 2-0.

Two goal lead, worst lead in hockey!
It's hard to win when you always lose.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Sparlimb wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:20 pm I just told my wife. In the Tradition Rich Metro East, we don't mind going down 2-0.

Metro East gets the big shoutout from the 45 broadcasters. Now we’ll truly find out about this 2 goal lead thing......
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
Browniemagoo

Post by Browniemagoo »

[/quote]
[/quote]

Delano must be glad they’re not up by two any longer! :lol:
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

This Delano goalie is looking pretty, pretty good...🏒and a lefty goalie to boot.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Clean breakaway for Mah & a tie game ☝️
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

and down goes prep 45. Missed the last goal and can't connect.

and missed goal 3
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

Got the 4th goal though. Mahtomedi was the better team tonight. Good comeback win. Hopefully they can skate with Warroad tomorrow.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

Browniemagoo wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:17 pm
Delano must be glad they’re not up by two any longer! :lol:
Yeah, they don't have to worry about the two goal lead anymore....now it's Mahtomedi's turn!
Last edited by ChrisK on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's hard to win when you always lose.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Mat EXPLODES for 3 goals & a 4-2 lead now
Eastgreaser

Post by Eastgreaser »

Talk about pooping the bed giving up 4 unanswered goals...5 if you want to count the empty netter as I type this.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

4 goals in 5 minutes. Pretty crazy. Still by far the best game of the night. Delano played very well.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

That escalated quickly. Wow.
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Sparlimb wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 am I'm going East Side Pride here. Mahtomedi wins by 3.

Good call. =D>
raidergrad72

Post by raidergrad72 »

MNHockeyFan wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:12 am
Sparlimb wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:47 am I'm going East Side Pride here. Mahtomedi wins by 3.

Good call. =D>
Yup, maybe sparlimb can make a spot-on call for today's action. Must've lined up those tea leaves just right. :lol:
Along with the other comments, that was quite a comeback; in those 5 min. every time I went back to the game from my Ice Road Trucker repeats, they'd scored another.
Sage observation: Delano lost to Greenway in the opener by the same score last year too. Can't tell you how I'd remember that though. :wink:
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Delano is making something of a habit of giving us exciting, competitive quarterfinal games...and then losing.

Between the first three games of the day and the 7A and 7AA playoffs, I was just in need of a good hockey game and am glad this one delivered. Delano had the right game plan to foul things up for Mahtomedi and nearly pulled it off, but once the Zephyrs tied it up, the Tigers really had no answer. Well-earned win from the Zephyrs, who can't afford the slow start they got yesterday and will need a big game from Dardis to beat Warroad, but it is within the realm of possibility thanks to their depth and skating ability.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

karl(east) wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:11 am Delano is making something of a habit of giving us exciting, competitive quarterfinal games...and then losing.

Between the first three games of the day and the 7A and 7AA playoffs, I was just in need of a good hockey game and am glad this one delivered. Delano had the right game plan to foul things up for Mahtomedi and nearly pulled it off, but once the Zephyrs tied it up, the Tigers really had no answer. Well-earned win from the Zephyrs, who can't afford the slow start they got yesterday and will need a big game from Dardis to beat Warroad, but it is within the realm of possibility thanks to their depth and skating ability.
I thought the goaltending for Mahtomedi didn't seem very strong. Being so far away, I didn't get to see them at all during the regular season. You are right though, they will need a big night in net to beat Warroad. Zephyrs can skate with them, but can they score with them?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Sparlimb wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:20 am
karl(east) wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:11 am Delano is making something of a habit of giving us exciting, competitive quarterfinal games...and then losing.

I thought the goaltending for Mahtomedi didn't seem very strong. Being so far away, I didn't get to see them at all during the regular season. You are right though, they will need a big night in net to beat Warroad. Zephyrs can skate with them, but can they score with them?
My sense is that Dardis can be streaky...when he's one his game, he's elite (and his numbers back it up), but it does seem like he's liable to give up a few in a row at times.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Tough game for both tenders
Stang5280

Post by Stang5280 »

Delano is poised to be really good next year. They had ten double-digit scorers during the regular season, and only three were seniors. Several sophomores and a freshman are among that group. Lommel will be graduating, but the backup netminder showed promise in limited action. Delano’s JV team went 21-4, and the Bantam A team was decent, so the cupboard definitely isn’t bare when it comes to filling out the roster. I anticipate that the Tigers will be a fringe top five team in my preseason rankings.