Official Seeds Are Out!

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WestMetro

Re: Official Seeds Are Out!

Post by WestMetro »

I just did a very rough count of the top 30 scorers in the AA tournament.

Andover has got eight of them.

Eden Prairie has six of them, after adjusting for Blake and Batchelder missing time

Moorhead 4

STa only has 1 , Maple Grove 2 ,

Blake 3, HM 3 , Lvs 3

Of course there are some SOS diffs among these 30

(Excuse any errors or omissions)
muckandgrinder65

Post by muckandgrinder65 »

STA vs Andover
Predict 0-0 after the first then all Andover after that. Running time is an unpopular possibility.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

WestMetro wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:36 pm Interesting article

https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/1091363
I think it came from Pravda. Honesty, Hutch isn’t playing the #5 seed and East had a losing record before sections and already lost to SCC by around 3 touchdowns.

Interesting in that trying to generate interest in what could be a horrible Wednesday until around 9:30
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

muckandgrinder65 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:21 pm STA vs Andover
Predict 0-0 after the first then all Andover after that. Running time is an unpopular possibility.
Refresh my memory, is RT used in the championship round? I think it did used to be, but maybe it's changed. I'd think TV would want the first game of the session to get over faster if it was a blow out.
Hockey Is For Everyone
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:33 am
muckandgrinder65 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:21 pm STA vs Andover
Refresh my memory, is RT used in the championship round? I think it did used to be, but maybe it's changed. I'd think TV would want the first game of the session to get over faster if it was a blow out.
It is, though they do stop the clock for the regularly scheduled TV timeouts.
kniven

Post by kniven »

I cheer for Eden Prairie and Hermantown to lose 👎

I cheer for Moorhead and Warroad to win 👍
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Question on Championship Day Saturday: Do you need separate tickets if you want to attend both the Class A and Class AA title games? That appears to be the case, as both the Hub and my DVR guide show the A game starting at noon and the AA game at 7:00pm. My AA tickets, however, show the AA game(s) starting at 4:00pm. Would this be the AA 3rd place game followed by the AA championship game?
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

MNHockeyFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:49 pm Question on Championship Day Saturday: Do you need separate tickets if you want to attend both the Class A and Class AA title games? That appears to be the case, as both the Hub and my DVR guide show the A game starting at noon and the AA game at 7:00pm. My AA tickets, however, show the AA game(s) starting at 4:00pm. Would this be the AA 3rd place game followed by the AA championship game?
Yes, the 4pm game is the AA 3rd place game. You need separate tickets for A and AA championship games.
East Side Pioneer Guy

MNHockeyFan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:49 pm Question on Championship Day Saturday: Do you need separate tickets if you want to attend both the Class A and Class AA title games? That appears to be the case, as both the Hub and my DVR guide show the A game starting at noon and the AA game at 7:00pm. My AA tickets, however, show the AA game(s) starting at 4:00pm. Would this be the AA 3rd place game followed by the AA championship game?
Yep, two separate classes, two separate sessions.

Pro tip: When the 3rd place game is over, slip out the smokers' door & head over to the Liffey for a pint.
Hockey Is For Everyone
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

Thanks guys, looking forward to great tournament!
Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 »

YES! You will need separate tickets. It sounds like you already have your AA tickets (which is good!) If you go to the A Championship, you can buy those at the door and it is general admission seating. After the medal ceremony for the A Championship, the arena gets cleared and you can re-enter using your AA ticket in time for the 3rd place game.

If you have never been before, here is a note: the 3rd place game attracts a very sparse crowd (as the bulk of the crowd doesnt arrive until after 6). Its just a low energy game so you may want to skip it and take in something else (a drink at a local bar or the hockey expo). On the other hand, if this is your 1st time, the thin crowd during the 3rd place game is a GREAT chance to explore the X and walk around. Its an optimal time to get food as the lines are short.
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:23 pm

Pro tip: When the 3rd place game is over, slip out the smokers' door & head over to the Liffey for a pint.
Good tip, so to confirm you can re-enter between 3rd place and championship game?
StanleyCup55

Post by StanleyCup55 »

InThePipes wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:26 am

Good tip, so to confirm you can re-enter between 3rd place and championship game?
As long as you slip out at the smokers gate. Only way I know of where you get a stamp for re-entry
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

StanleyCup55 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:31 am
InThePipes wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:26 am

As long as you slip out at the smokers gate. Only way I know of where you get a stamp for re-entry
This was my question as well. Do you need to go back in the smoker’s gate or will they let you in any door with said stamp?
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

StanleyCup55 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:31 am As long as you slip out at the smokers gate. Only way I know of where you get a stamp for re-entry
Thanks for the pro tip! It's supposed to be beautiful on Saturday, so it would great to get some fresh air between games and go for a little walk!
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

Hey guys, I just thought of something. What if it ends up to be Blake versus St Thomas in the championship?? What would that mean in terms of all of AA letting a couple single A squads, private schools no less, come up clean house and take their crown?
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Bayside Tigers wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:39 pmHey guys, I just thought of something. What if it ends up to be Blake versus St Thomas in the championship?? What would that mean in terms of all of AA letting a couple single A squads, private schools no less, come up clean house and take their crown?
I wouldn't read anything into it. Opt-ups that are from a small community like Roseau are at an incredible disadvantage. A private school? Not when they are able to attract student-athletes from a very large area. Cathedral could play AA this year and fare well.
Be kind. Rewind.
East Side Pioneer Guy

I'm not 100% sure they let smokers out anymore. I think some policies have changed. For the most part, if you rent thy the building, you make the rules. But of course the X has a say too.

I've worked Christian music concerts where the act stipulates no beer sales, and we have to pour the bottled water into a cup. With no lid. People mostly don't like it, it's too easy to spill your $5 water. Or maybe you get your water in the bottle, but you don't get the cap. Used to be like that for bottles water & soda for MSHSL events, but I've not worked one lately, nor got a bottle beverage at one for some time.

So, if you will be getting a bottle of soda, bring your own bottle cap. Or if you might get bottled water, bring in your own bottle, it just needs to be empty.

If you have food allergies, PM me.
Hockey Is For Everyone
defense

Post by defense »

O-townClown wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:33 am
Bayside Tigers wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:39 pmHey guys, I just thought of something. What if it ends up to be Blake versus St Thomas in the championship?? What would that mean in terms of all of AA letting a couple single A squads, private schools no less, come up clean house and take their crown?
I wouldn't read anything into it. Opt-ups that are from a small community like Roseau are at an incredible disadvantage. A private school? Not when they are able to attract student-athletes from a very large area. Cathedral could play AA this year and fare well.
I actually think it would be cool to have Blake win it, unless Moorhead can finally break through.
Otter Hockey Rocks
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

defense wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:12 am
I actually think it would be cool to have Blake win it, unless Moorhead can finally break through.
Cool for a private to win it?
defense

Post by defense »

InThePipes wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:18 am
defense wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:12 am

Cool for a private to win it?
Why not Blake?? A little fresh seasoning to the regular teams.
Otter Hockey Rocks
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

InThePipes wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:18 amCool for a private to win it?
Absolutely. If you like hockey you’ll love the way Blake plays. Hill-Murray has Pierre who is a memorable player.
Be kind. Rewind.
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

O-townClown wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:05 am
InThePipes wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:18 amCool for a private to win it?
Absolutely. If you like hockey you’ll love the way Blake plays. Hill-Murray has Pierre who is a memorable player.
Just checking :wink:
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

MNHockeyFan wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:12 pm
StanleyCup55 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:31 am As long as you slip out at the smokers gate. Only way I know of where you get a stamp for re-entry
Thanks for the pro tip! It's supposed to be beautiful on Saturday, so it would great to get some fresh air between games and go for a little walk!
There was an article in the Strib awhile ago indicating that they were eliminating the smokers' gate at the Xcel. It wasn't clear if that was for specific events or what, so if someone at today's A games could confirm if it's still there or not, it would be appreciated.
It's hard to win when you always lose.