Section 4AA Final

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ifallsin64

Re: Section 4AA Final

Post by ifallsin64 »

Too many men on the ice during a white bear power play for at least 30 seconds and nobody is talking about that? The deeper team with the most talent won the game. Good luck in state.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

No reason to talk about, it is old news.....South’s overtime goal was directly the result of South having too many men on the ice. I guess it is not a penalty in certain situations anymore.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

ifallsin64 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:53 pm Too many men on the ice during a white bear power play for at least 30 seconds and nobody is talking about that? The deeper team with the most talent won the game. Good luck in state.
It was talked about. It sucks the call was missed. It was a penalty. What else can anyone say. They aren't playing the game over. Every team sometimes benefits from the non-calls and sometimes gets screwed. Wish it didn't happen in sections, but refs are human. They make mistakes too. Not sure if it changed the outcome or not, and we'll never know. But the breaks went Hill's way this year and may go another team's next.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

nu2hockey wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:43 am While watching the stream last night, there was a television camera in the bottom of the frame .....just below the prepspolight view and announcers

Any idea who or what that was ....

Prepspotlight never showed that view
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8E1wnuZYg

SCC always does the White Bear Games and they eventually get posted.
WBLPuck99

Post by WBLPuck99 »

mnpuckster wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:52 pm As for #9 on wbl, I'm not sure what type of tier 1 jr A options he has but if they are there, leaving may not be a terrible choice. The bears team for 2020-2021 will be thin on talent, and more 4 or 5 seed likely in 4AA. He is a good player, didnt have the year many expected. Wish the best whatever he chooses as he works his tail off. Didnt have the grade A looks last night, but he battled in corners and for loose pucks like a beast.
Bears could have used another quality dman or 2, they got exposed from the middle of the game on on the back end.
You mean like the one playing in Michigan right now?

And yeah, the next round of bears that will look to challenge will likely be when the current Peewee groups is sophs. Once again, the biggest issue will be any losses to other programs, which looking at a roster I think they may lose a few, not that other schools don't. WB just doesn't seem to have enough depth to absorb those as well. I think the last 2 Bantam State title teams from WBL all lost to hill senior year in section championship, if I have my memory straight.

I don't really blame Sager here as much as I do for the lack of success from 02-08.

05/06 Teams - Double OT Hill winner on the PP (I believe both Hill and WB were top 3 teams at the time.
This year: Lost 3-2

I don't know what options Roed has for next year, but I think their family is very close, and I think his younger brother will be a varsity player next year, so it's possible he stays to play with his brother, or he could leave. Either way, hope the best for him. He's been fun to watch.

I'm torn on the state tournament. I'm pretty bored of west metro champions, so I guess I'm a spud for a week, which is probably a kiss of death to the spuds. I would like to see some East metro success, but that basically leaves hill. Sorry hill people, I just can't. It's crazy to me that up and down the youth rankings it's loaded with East metro schools, but at the high school level it doesn't translate.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Hey 4AA friends!

Just remember we were all there Friday night!
No better place to be!

https://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/1091221
stateofhawkey

Post by stateofhawkey »

Sparlimb wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:56 pm I'll take Hill in the usual 3-2 nail biter.
Great prediction my man. You should take a trip to Vegas!
stateofhawkey

Post by stateofhawkey »

ZachHalverson wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:10 pm FM 96.7 KFAN Plus in the Twin Cities and JUST IN CASE YOU SKIMMED IT AND ASSUMED IT WAS ON KFAN IT IS NOT it is on FM 96.7

Also on iHeartRadio at KFANPlus.com/listen

as most of y'all already know, nobody wants to live video stream this game more than me
I'd make an argument that there's a local TV station in White Bear Lake that wanted to stream it live just as badly... :D
stateofhawkey

Post by stateofhawkey »

There is now a link for the entire game on YouTube. It can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8E1wnuZYg&t=1219s
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

WestMetro wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:38 pm Hey 4AA friends!

No better place to be!

So which one are you?
SEC Scotty

Post by SEC Scotty »

BodyShots wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:59 pm

No better place to be!

So which one are you?
Nice. I know I enjoy the your posts on this forum. Looking forward to Thursday at the X.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

John in the West Metro
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

SEC Scotty wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:31 pm
BodyShots wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:59 pm

No better place to be!

So which one are you?
Nice. I know I enjoy the your posts on this forum. Looking forward to Thursday at the X.

Scotty , see pm
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

WBLPuck99 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:35 pm
Sorry hill people, I just can't.
No need to apologize. It makes that much sweeter when we win.
Hockey Is For Everyone