Official Seeds Are Out!

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Joe2015

Official Seeds Are Out!

Post by Joe2015 »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1923464729

Class A:
2 - St Cloud Cathedral
Mankato East

3 - Hermantown
Monticello

1 - Warroad
Hutchinson

4 - Mahtomedi
5 - Delano

Class AA:
2 - Blake
Maple Grove

3 - Eden Prairie
Lakeville South

1 - Andover
St. Thomas Academy

4 - Moorhead
5 - Hill-Murray
WestMetro

Re: Official Seeds Are Out!

Post by WestMetro »

Nightman nailed it !
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Blake MG and HM MH are repeats of end of the year battles

And EP LVS has a lot of memory drama
50in15

Post by 50in15 »

AA evening session is stacked. Can’t wait for it to begin
Last edited by 50in15 on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 »

Thoughts and Reactions:

Class A:
Interesting they pushed H-town all the way down to #3. Not saying the other two arent deserving, but still a bit of a surprise. But really those three are so close. Unfortunately, those first three games on Wed could get ugly. Can anyone stay with the big three? Mahtomedi/Delano is game of the day. Assuming it happens, SCC and H-town on Friday morning will be great.

Class AA: Queue the conspiracy theorists! It sure seems like they seeded all the way 1 thru 8 with Andover drawing STA. You could do some nitpicking but nothing too much to argue about with the seeds as I see it. Can we get anything close to what EP and South gave us last season? Hill and Moorhead should be a good one to close out Thur.
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

On the AA side, no arguments from me on seedings. That’s how I thought it would shake out.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

Edit-3 key rematches stand out to me. EP and Lakeview South slotted in the 2pm game a second year in a row. Will this game have all the excitement as last year’s OT thriller? Also Hill & Moorhead ended the regular season with a hard fought battle just days ago. And MG upsetting Blake also just a few days ago.

This is a fun bracket, it’s gonna be a good weekend.
Last edited by Bayside Tigers on Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

Looks like the coaches are trusting the last LPH poll to do their seeding. Andover got about as bad of a draw as you can get as the 1 seed. STA has been on a roll in the 2nd half of the season!
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

kpryan88 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:07 am Looks like the coaches are trusting the last LPH poll to do their seeding. Andover got about as bad of a draw as you can get as the 1 seed. STA has been on a roll in the 2nd half of the season!
The LPH poll is based on coaches vote and they didn’t see enough from this past week to make any major moves.
Ryan
TheNightman

Post by TheNightman »

WestMetro wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:01 am Nightman nailed it !
Hooray!
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

Joe2015 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:04 am Class AA: Queue the conspiracy theorists! It sure seems like they seeded all the way 1 thru 8 with Andover drawing STA. You could do some nitpicking but nothing too much to argue about with the seeds as I see it. Can we get anything close to what EP and South gave us last season? Hill and Moorhead should be a good one to close out Thur.
Using the last LPH poll, you could make a case that Lakeville South moved up to the #6 seed from #7 and Maple Grove dropped to the #7 seed from #6 based on the draw.
Ryan
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Hermantown has now “drawn” the team from 3A 4 times in 6 years, one of the other 2 years they drew Spring Lake Park who was likely the weakest team in the field.
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

It's a pretty thin line between the 3 un-ranked teams. It's not worth conspiring to maneuver any particular match-up. But conspiracy theorists will do what they do.

It's to for Hill to beat Moorhead on 2/15 and then be seeded behind them. It doesn't make much difference. But I do like Lex getting the last change.
Hockey Is For Everyone
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

WestMetro wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:01 am Nightman nailed it !
I predicted all 4 matchups spot on, but was incorrect on the 2 & 3 seeds, I had EP at #2 & Blake at #3. I love the rematch from last year’s quarterfinals EP vs LVS☝️. All 4 matchups are compelling, #1 Andover vs red hot STA, Blake vs MG in a rematch of the late season game that (literally) turned the season around for MG...and the nightcap, the only outstate team Moorhead vs perennial 4AA representative HM👍
50in15

Post by 50in15 »

Agree with the AA line being super thin for 6-8 so should be impossible to say conspiracy. Personally, I don’t see st Thomas as 8. They are healthy, peaking, and have one of the top players in the state. Can’t imagine Andover was excited to get them instead of MG or LS
LASERBLUE135

Post by LASERBLUE135 »

There is a ton of pressure on the top seeds that can make such a huge difference in the tournament. Andover is rolling, but they haven’t seen a gauntlet like this and come through it before. Blake is the team that could be most relaxed, but first time is always going to be overwhelming. EP has felt the pressure all year and it has looked like it all year. Can they come through with 3 more wins? And Moorhead always has the HUGE monkey on their backs. I predict at least 2 “upsets” on day one. There is always pressure on the top teams, but this year the competition is so much better that they won’t be able to survive as many mistakes. I predict EP wins because they have the firepower to overcome errors. I’ll be rooting for Andover. Such a fun team to watch and it’s always fun to see someone new win.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

LASERBLUE135 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:10 am There is a ton of pressure on the top seeds that can make such a huge difference in the tournament. Andover is rolling, but they haven’t seen a gauntlet like this and come through it before. Blake is the team that could be most relaxed, but first time is always going to be overwhelming. EP has felt the pressure all year and it has looked like it all year. Can they come through with 3 more wins? And Moorhead always has the HUGE monkey on their backs. I predict at least 2 “upsets” on day one. There is always pressure on the top teams, but this year the competition is so much better that they won’t be able to survive as many mistakes. I predict EP wins because they have the firepower to overcome errors. I’ll be rooting for Andover. Such a fun team to watch and it’s always fun to see someone new win.
Teams are seeded now, but there is less difference from 1-8 then in any year I can remember. It's no surprise, the whole year was this way. But every game will have intrigue and the chance for either team to win.
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

No conspiracy theories but one side of the bracket looks a helluva lot tougher than the other in AA.
Blue Line

Post by Blue Line »

edgeless2 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:54 pm No conspiracy theories but one side of the bracket looks a helluva lot tougher than the other in AA.
Which one?
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Guess?
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

Blue Line wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:01 pm
edgeless2 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:54 pm No conspiracy theories but one side of the bracket looks a helluva lot tougher than the other in AA.
Which one?
Yes, in a year in which parity reigns, one bracket is much more difficult.

Sheesh. I'm going to sell tin foil hats outside the X next weekend.
Hockey Is For Everyone
Teak

Post by Teak »

goldy313 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:18 am Hermantown has now “drawn” the team from 3A 4 times in 6 years, one of the other 2 years they drew Spring Lake Park who was likely the weakest team in the field.
That's right. Schools in 3A play Single A squads all season long and then end up "drawn" against an AA squad in the state tournament. :cry:
defense

Post by defense »

Teak wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:20 pm
goldy313 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:18 am Hermantown has now “drawn” the team from 3A 4 times in 6 years, one of the other 2 years they drew Spring Lake Park who was likely the weakest team in the field.
That's right. Schools in 3A play Single A squads all season long and then end up "drawn" against an AA squad in the state tournament. :cry:
Ummm. Isnt MAML technically a AA team ??
Otter Hockey Rocks
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

edgeless2 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:01 pmGuess?
I'll assume you're referring to the bottom of the bracket. #1 team in the state (Andover), possibly the hottest team (STA), and the teams with the best two goalies in the state (HM and Moorhead).
The City of Hill Murray is beautiful this time of year
Duckguy13

Post by Duckguy13 »

defense wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:30 pm
Teak wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:20 pm
Ummm. Isnt MAML technically a AA team ??
Ummm, Monticello is 5A
Hopefully they can give LS Stars a run for their money like double OT 3 years ago.