7AA FINALS

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockey59

Re: 7AA FINALS

Post by hockey59 »

Andover makes it 3-0 on 1st minute of 2nd period.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

ER needs a goal soon or this will be a rout☝️
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Andover going on the PP...this one may be OVER soon
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Humphrey draws a penalty on Wolfe
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

4x4 action, ER will have a 54 second PP in 28 seconds, TV timeout. Kron scores to make it 4-0 Andover, ER on PP now
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

2/3rds of the way to running time, 5 minutes into the 2nd.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Andover kills the ER PP
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

5/6ths of the way to running time 6 minutes into the 2nd.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

5-0 Andover...it’s pretty much all over but the shouting...as a coach of mine years ago used to say.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Thoreson snipes one in transition to make it 6-0. ER has no answers for Andover tonight☝️Still 8 minutes to go in the 2nd period. Now it 7-0 ANDOVER...this is getting hard to watch☝️
Last edited by hockey59 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

Running time in the 3rd period unlocked by Andover 8 minutes into the 2nd period.

The 35 people who showed up will get to go home early.

The Amsoil curse for Elk River alive and well, and the top 4 ranked [in the LPH coach’s poll] will be seen at the state tournament. It should be a good quality field in 2020.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

Well that got ugly quick. Elks totally outmatched in every way. Andover is good. Will be interesting to see how they do at state. Whopping crowd tonight of about 200 including players, coaches, and arena personnel. =D>
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

After 2 periods, Andover 8 ER 0
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Humphey breaks the shutout on the PP for ER ☝️Now 8-1 Andover.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

FINAL SCORE from Amsoil - Andover 8 ER 1...and the Amsoil curse for Twin City metro teams is no more! 😉Andover will represent 7AA at Xcel as a #1 seed (to boot) 👍
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Well, after 7 straight absolutely excellent section final games, I guess we were due for one that was an absolute dud. Elk River didn't seem to have any plan to try to slow down Andover, and the Huskies just skated all over them. Congrats to Coach Manney and his Huskies on a well-deserved Tourney berth. They were the class of 7AA from start to finish this season and should represent the section well at State.

An empty Amsoil for a section final was surreal. 218 teams, get your collective acts together next season.
Bayside Tigers

Post by Bayside Tigers »

The only thing that makes me feel stupid about knowing this would be the outcome, is thinking that it would've also been the outcome when the Elk Rivers played Grand Rapids. I was curious of any section final that was this big of a dud? Certainly some low seeds must have snuck into a final and made for a fairly uncompetitive game, but a game like that to a completely empty venue where you could hear a guy talking across the arena? Everybody made it on the jumbotron, needless to say. I couldn't think of any other examples.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

“A sparse crowd announced at 1,100 fans owed to the lack of a northern participant.”

“But in Andover, Section 7 will have strong state tournament representation. The Huskies are ranked No. 1 in the most recent Let’s Play Hockey poll.”
jdh

Post by jdh »

hockey59 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:57 pm 5-0 Andover...it’s pretty much all over but the shouting...as a coach of mine years ago used to say.
A friend of mine used to say” the fat lady isn’t singing yet,but she’s clearing her throat.”😁😁
Joe2015

Post by Joe2015 »

I know its a 2 hour drive, but Elks and Huskies fans: do better! Where was the support? Other teams in other sections have just as long a drive but send way more people.
Edinahopkins

Post by Edinahopkins »

Grand Rapids fans drive a hour and a half and have no problem filling that place idk what elk river and Andover’s problem was ,either way congratulations Andover good luck at state.
Fightinghawklover

Post by Fightinghawklover »

Congrats to Andover and good luck at state!! I know you will represent 7AA well in St. Paul. How can anyone be surprised at the attendance? Anyone should have seen the low attendance coming from a mile away especially the MSHSL. I have no issue whatsoever with the section semi final/final being held at Amsoil every year when there is at least 1 team from the north participating but when there is two southern teams playing in the finals common sense needs to prevail and the game should be moved to a sight far closer then Duluth. It is my understanding that the TV station has a contract to broadcast each game that’s played at Amsoil. That’s great and I support that because is this day and age most if not all decision are based on money and not common sense. I am sure there are many logistical issues behind the scenes that I don’t have any knowledge about as to why it is difficult to move a game in such short notice, I know this season Section 5A moved their final to a Fogerty because of the construction in Elk River and it seemed that once Fogerty wasn’t available the two schools and the MSHSL couldn’t find a venue that suited all parties involved. I don’t see how anyone could/should be criticized by not driving 2+ hours each way on a school night and I would guess if it was the other way around (two northern teams having to travel the same distance to play in the metro) the attendance would be far smaller as well. IMO the low attendance falls on the MSHSL shoulders much more then any fan group from any of the schools that are being asked/made travel that far. I feel as a whole everyone involved when it comes to this situation (two teams from the south playing in the finals) needs to make a better decision that isn’t based on money and based more on the experience/atmosphere for the players after all I was always led to believe that’s what HS sports and especially the Section/State hockey tournament was all about the atmosphere and cool it is to play in front of all those fans. I guess that is only true when the money is flowing in. Shame on the MSHSL on this not anyone’s fan base or lack there of.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Fightinghawklover wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:08 am Congrats to Andover and good luck at state!! I know you will represent 7AA well in St. Paul. How can anyone be surprised at the attendance? Anyone should have seen the low attendance coming from a mile away especially the MSHSL. I have no issue whatsoever with the section semi final/final being held at Amsoil every year when there is at least 1 team from the north participating but when there is two southern teams playing in the finals common sense needs to prevail and the game should be moved to a sight far closer then Duluth. It is my understanding that the TV station has a contract to broadcast each game that’s played at Amsoil. That’s great and I support that because is this day and age most if not all decision are based on money and not common sense. I am sure there are many logistical issues behind the scenes that I don’t have any knowledge about as to why it is difficult to move a game in such short notice, I know this season Section 5A moved their final to a Fogerty because of the construction in Elk River and it seemed that once Fogerty wasn’t available the two schools and the MSHSL couldn’t find a venue that suited all parties involved. I don’t see how anyone could/should be criticized by not driving 2+ hours each way on a school night and I would guess if it was the other way around (two northern teams having to travel the same distance to play in the metro) the attendance would be far smaller as well. IMO the low attendance falls on the MSHSL shoulders much more then any fan group from any of the schools that are being asked/made travel that far. I feel as a whole everyone involved when it comes to this situation (two teams from the south playing in the finals) needs to make a better decision that isn’t based on money and based more on the experience/atmosphere for the players after all I was always led to believe that’s what HS sports and especially the Section/State hockey tournament was all about the atmosphere and cool it is to play in front of all those fans. I guess that is only true when the money is flowing in. Shame on the MSHSL on this not anyone’s fan base or lack there of.
Well said
Fightinghawklover

Post by Fightinghawklover »

alcloseshaver wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:15 am
Fightinghawklover wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:08 am Congrats to Andover and good luck at state!! I know you will represent 7AA well in St. Paul. How can anyone be surprised at the attendance? Anyone should have seen the low attendance coming from a mile away especially the MSHSL. I have no issue whatsoever with the section semi final/final being held at Amsoil every year when there is at least 1 team from the north participating but when there is two southern teams playing in the finals common sense needs to prevail and the game should be moved to a sight far closer then Duluth. It is my understanding that the TV station has a contract to broadcast each game that’s played at Amsoil. That’s great and I support that because is this day and age most if not all decision are based on money and not common sense. I am sure there are many logistical issues behind the scenes that I don’t have any knowledge about as to why it is difficult to move a game in such short notice, I know this season Section 5A moved their final to a Fogerty because of the construction in Elk River and it seemed that once Fogerty wasn’t available the two schools and the MSHSL couldn’t find a venue that suited all parties involved. I don’t see how anyone could/should be criticized by not driving 2+ hours each way on a school night and I would guess if it was the other way around (two northern teams having to travel the same distance to play in the metro) the attendance would be far smaller as well. IMO the low attendance falls on the MSHSL shoulders much more then any fan group from any of the schools that are being asked/made travel that far. I feel as a whole everyone involved when it comes to this situation (two teams from the south playing in the finals) needs to make a better decision that isn’t based on money and based more on the experience/atmosphere for the players after all I was always led to believe that’s what HS sports and especially the Section/State hockey tournament was all about the atmosphere and cool it is to play in front of all those fans. I guess that is only true when the money is flowing in. Shame on the MSHSL on this not anyone’s fan base or lack there of.
Well said
Thank you ACS!
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Any of the 7AA hive think a certain 218 (team that sandbags 7A currently) will step up to the plate in 2022?