3AA Final

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WendyClark

3AA Final

Post by WendyClark »

Burnsville Braves vs St. Thomas Academy 2-27-2020 at Edina 7pm

I had harsh words for my Alma Mater 2 years ago and thought they were a program on the decline for years to come, they proved me wrong.

I'll take Da Braves 4-2 to make it back to state, Thoughts?
Browniemagoo

Re: 3AA Final

Post by Browniemagoo »

If B-ville wears the awesome black socks they’ll win for sure. If not it’s up in the air.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

WendyClark wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:01 pm Thoughts?
This is a great matchup. Burnsville is the senior-heavy public school team and features a goaltender that's recently overcome adversity. They have beaten Blake and Rosemount, so nobody should be surprised if they win some more games.

St. Thomas has turned over the coach and appears to be playing their best hockey at the end of the season.

Looking forward to this one! Personally pulling for the Braves who now go by another name.
Be kind. Rewind.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Browniemagoo wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:07 pmIf B-ville wears the awesome black socks they’ll win for sure.
The Cooperall socks? So cool if that's what you are referring to.
Be kind. Rewind.
Browniemagoo

Post by Browniemagoo »

O-townClown wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:38 pm The Cooperall socks? So cool if that's what you are referring to.
You know it!
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Happy for Trent Eigner in his first season at the helm.

The search process after the Vannellis stepped down was a contentious one, the Eigner hire drew some criticism, but he's a game away from being back in the big show with a Cadets squad that lost a lot coming off their STAte appearance last year.

Eigner looks like he's got the team peaking at the right time - a victory over the Braves and a state berth would be a big feather in his cap.
Trout

Post by Trout »

Not a big fan of the cadets personally (way too much whining to the refs🤫 for my taste) ... but I have to say I have seen them play 2 games at the end of they year and TE has done a masterful job of putting together a game plan for them. Their neutralzone trap/ forecheck plan is hard to play against. It could really create an issue for some very good teams.

I believe they will be in the tourney again and are not the team that lost those games earlier in the year. I think they will upset someone at state (not that anyone losing this year is a true upset)

Not sure If their tending can get them to the final but they have some good scorers and a gameplan their team seems to have taken to heart.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Go Blaze!
hitthepost

Post by hitthepost »

Browniemagoo wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:39 am
O-townClown wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:38 pm The Cooperall socks? So cool if that's what you are referring to.
You know it!
Insider source has told me Cooperall socks will be in all their glory tomorrow night!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Still trying to get over Rosemount loss last Saturday nite , just hard to understand how they flamed out in the second half after seeing some super performances early

I’ll be at this one , and seeing Burnsville for first time this year

Hallum fastest player in the state I think
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

WestMetro wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:29 pmI’ll be at this one , and seeing Burnsville for first time this year
You'll love them. Tallest player a foot taller than the shortest. All seniors. Kids where hockey is their second sport. A goalie that has overcome incredible adversity. This is everything great about HS hockey. Would be a great story if they can keep it going.
Be kind. Rewind.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Counting Burnsville , I’ll have seen 23 of Karl’s top 25 AA in person this year . A personal best . Not bad fir a civilian . Good weather helped .
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

WestMetro wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:26 pm Counting Burnsville , I’ll have seen 23 of Karl’s top 25 AA in person this year . A personal best . Not bad fir a civilian . Good weather helped .
=D>
Brodziak Fan Club

Post by Brodziak Fan Club »

Sorry if this has been posted already, but anyone know when and where I can get advance tickets to this one? Willing to drive to one of the schools but I’d rather just head over to Braemar during the day if possible.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Brodziak Fan Club wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:29 pmSorry if this has been posted already, but anyone know when and where I can get advance tickets to this one? Willing to drive to one of the schools but I’d rather just head over to Braemar during the day if possible.
I don't know about advance sale. It won't sell out. A great crowd for sure, but there will be room. Parking tight and most likely a line to buy your ticket if you arrive when everyone else does. You can avoid the hassle by arriving way early.
Be kind. Rewind.
WendyClark

Post by WendyClark »

0-0 after 1

SOG 12-11 Braves
WendyClark

Post by WendyClark »

1-0 STA after 2

SOG 23-18 STA
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

Cooperalls are a "No" for me.

Some good chances for both teams though - should be a barnburner in the 3rd.
thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 »

ENG Cadets 2-0

STAA back at STAte.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Great game. Neither team got any puck luck. 1-0 for St. Thomas with a late empty netter for insurance. Saw B'ville twice this year and I loved the team. Headed to state, St. Thomas is playing very well at the end when it matters.
Be kind. Rewind.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Well stated as usual OTC!

Tight matchup the whole way .
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Forgot to mention....

This was THE BEST atmosphere for any game I've seen this year. Live band. Great crowd (near capacity), and BOTH student sections totally BROUGHT IT!

I felt like it was the mid-80s.

Aldrich tonight has a tall bar to clear. It was AWESOME and the kids on the ice didn't disappoint. Great game.
Be kind. Rewind.