7A - Thoughts

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Thunderstruck
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by Thunderstruck » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:00 pm

I guess rhe Devils players are following the example of the team Captain they picked ast year and leaving, only the parents are not renting in Hermantown just goi g a few miles down the road to Eveleth

Hessian
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by Hessian » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:01 pm

HS hockey will be in the form of AAA in 20 years. Mark my words! :idea: :idea: :idea:

elliott70
Posts: 13615
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 3:47 pm
Location: Bemidji

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by elliott70 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:32 pm

Hessian wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:01 pm
HS hockey will be in the form of AAA in 20 years. Mark my words! :idea: :idea: :idea:
I said the same thing in 1988

Jeffy95
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by Jeffy95 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:21 pm

Thunderstruck wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:00 pm
I guess rhe Devils players are following the example of the team Captain they picked ast year and leaving, only the parents are not renting in Hermantown just goi g a few miles down the road to Eveleth
They could still end up at Hermantown next year. Pretty easy to rent for a year. The way Andrews rolls out the red carpet for these kids will only encourage it more. Kilen was working with the first line at the summer sessions before they rented a place or was even enrolled at the school. Pat has sent a clear message. If you can help us win, we would love to have you and we will cut Hermantown kids to make room.

ironranger2
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by ironranger2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:36 pm

Jeffy95 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:21 pm
Thunderstruck wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:00 pm
I guess rhe Devils players are following the example of the team Captain they picked ast year and leaving, only the parents are not renting in Hermantown just goi g a few miles down the road to Eveleth
They could still end up at Hermantown next year. Pretty easy to rent for a year. The way Andrews rolls out the red carpet for these kids will only encourage it more. Kilen was working with the first line at the summer sessions before they rented a place or was even enrolled at the school. Pat has sent a clear message. If you can help us win, we would love to have you and we will cut Hermantown kids to make room.
I was thinking the same thing. Kid could come in and finish out the year with Eveleth and then buzz out of town next year. I have seen the Facebook post that IRMN references, but have no idea what the coaches side of the story is (if they can even talk about it). I too have also heard great things about the Virginia head coach as far as holding kids responsible. No idea what type of hockey coach he is, but holding kids accountable should be a top quality anyone would want in their coaches.

Interesting about Zadnikar kid allegedly enrolling in Eveleth. He is the last of a group of kids that open enrolled to Virginia (from Eveleth) several years ago because their parents didn't like how the hockey program was being run.

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:52 pm

ironranger2 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:36 pm
Jeffy95 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:21 pm
Thunderstruck wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:00 pm
I guess rhe Devils players are following the example of the team Captain they picked ast year and leaving, only the parents are not renting in Hermantown just goi g a few miles down the road to Eveleth
They could still end up at Hermantown next year. Pretty easy to rent for a year. The way Andrews rolls out the red carpet for these kids will only encourage it more. Kilen was working with the first line at the summer sessions before they rented a place or was even enrolled at the school. Pat has sent a clear message. If you can help us win, we would love to have you and we will cut Hermantown kids to make room.
I was thinking the same thing. Kid could come in and finish out the year with Eveleth and then buzz out of town next year. I have seen the Facebook post that IRMN references, but have no idea what the coaches side of the story is (if they can even talk about it). I too have also heard great things about the Virginia head coach as far as holding kids responsible. No idea what type of hockey coach he is, but holding kids accountable should be a top quality anyone would want in their coaches.

Interesting about Zadnikar kid allegedly enrolling in Eveleth. He is the last of a group of kids that open enrolled to Virginia (from Eveleth) several years ago because their parents didn't like how the hockey program was being run.
Virginia can't beat Wayzata, tie BSM, play EP tight, and beat other top Class A teams by 6-7 goals, so of course that means Virginia must just be a crappy Class A program. 8)

Hessian
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by Hessian » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:37 pm

The MSHSL is a joke. The commercials of how good sports is for Suzy and Johnny are laughable. Transfer, evade rules, blame coaches, create witch hunts, pay to play....yada yada yada

NMNSUPPORTER
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:44 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by NMNSUPPORTER » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:31 am

Why is it so difficult for people to realize that Hermantown does not have a magical potion or secret sauce, it is simply they have a good base program and then add a few of the areas top squirts, pee wees, bantams, and hs players every year. Simply put it is a numbers game. They take there base and bring in a few of the areas other top players every year and poooof there a winner. Hermantown was nothing more than a speed bump prior to the advent of AAA youth hockey. The Lake Superior Stars bring in a selection of local youth players that are above average and by doing so they create bonds with like skilled kids. Those kids and the parents see what happens when they come together and decide hey why not continue the summer success in the winter. Just to be clear when the HS went Tier I and Tier II Hermantown got placed in Tier I the first year and got crushed, the following year they requested to be the team the switched with Greenway as Greenway requested to play Tier I and Hermantown moved down to Tier II.

They have been playing at the lowest level they can forever and have taken advantage of the Summer Hockey Movement better than any other program.

That is why they win, not because of some special program. Bruce Plante was the benefactor of the AAA movement, his players were not all from the Hermantown Zipcode. In fact due to AAA and open enrollment Hermantown has raped a pillaged the Proctor/Twig program, the Denfeld program, and the Range programs ever since AAA started. Lets just leave it with they were smart enough to maximize AAA and not fight it. Heck the Hibbing brothers parents were anti AAA until there boys got selected and poof dad didnt get the HS job and they moved to there AAA home

Simple
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:26 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by Simple » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:45 am

Even with two top players out with Troumbly and vekich, Logan Wright shows his talent in nets tonight.

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by kniven » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:27 pm

Denfeld vs. Hermantown section final. Should be quite the game. Then Rapids vs. Andover in the other matchup at Amsoil. 3 out of 4 northern squads. Should be packed 👍
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

east hockey
Site Admin
Posts: 6962
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 8:33 pm
Location: Proctor, MN
Contact:

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by east hockey » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:58 pm

kniven wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:27 pm
Denfeld vs. Hermantown section final. Should be quite the game. Then Rapids vs. Andover in the other matchup at Amsoil. 3 out of 4 northern squads. Should be packed 👍
Packed? Nope.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

Thunderstruck
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by Thunderstruck » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:19 pm

By Hermantown do you guys mean "the Lake Superior Stars High School team"

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:51 pm

Hibbing upsets E-G 5-4 in OT.

Wonder if this opens up #3 spot for Greenway, allowing them to avoid the Evil Empire in the semis, at least? Denfeld-Greenway semi could be a very entertaining game.

ironranger2
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by ironranger2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:58 am

rainier2 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:51 pm
Hibbing upsets E-G 5-4 in OT.

Wonder if this opens up #3 spot for Greenway, allowing them to avoid the Evil Empire in the semis, at least? Denfeld-Greenway semi could be a very entertaining game.
I went to this game last night and wasn't expecting a whole lot. Hibbing looked absolutely terrible against their game against Greenway Tuesday night and it was looking like the kids might have checked out for the year.

I think Eveleth was up 1-0 at the midway point of the 1st and out shooting Hibbing 12-1 when they took their first penalty of the game. Hibbing didn't score, but shots were 12-10 at the end of the penalty and Hibbing scored soon after. It's like a switch was flipped and the game was pretty even after that.

Hibbing kids did one heck of a job laying their bodies out blocking shots. Their effort just seemed to snowball and really kept the team fired up every time someone would block another one. Hibbing just outworked Eveleth, which is what you want to see at the end of the season.

With this being their last section game before coaches meeting on Tuesday, Eveleth needed to win to have a chance at getting the three seed and avoid the potential matchup with Hermantown in the semifinals. 3 seed is definitely going to Greenway and Eveleth will probably have a very difficult 4/5 matchup with an improving I-Falls team, who played a close one with Greenway last night.

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:36 am

ironranger2 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:58 am
rainier2 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:51 pm
Hibbing upsets E-G 5-4 in OT.

Wonder if this opens up #3 spot for Greenway, allowing them to avoid the Evil Empire in the semis, at least? Denfeld-Greenway semi could be a very entertaining game.
I went to this game last night and wasn't expecting a whole lot. Hibbing looked absolutely terrible against their game against Greenway Tuesday night and it was looking like the kids might have checked out for the year.

I think Eveleth was up 1-0 at the midway point of the 1st and out shooting Hibbing 12-1 when they took their first penalty of the game. Hibbing didn't score, but shots were 12-10 at the end of the penalty and Hibbing scored soon after. It's like a switch was flipped and the game was pretty even after that.

Hibbing kids did one heck of a job laying their bodies out blocking shots. Their effort just seemed to snowball and really kept the team fired up every time someone would block another one. Hibbing just outworked Eveleth, which is what you want to see at the end of the season.

With this being their last section game before coaches meeting on Tuesday, Eveleth needed to win to have a chance at getting the three seed and avoid the potential matchup with Hermantown in the semifinals. 3 seed is definitely going to Greenway and Eveleth will probably have a very difficult 4/5 matchup with an improving I-Falls team, who played a close one with Greenway last night.
Thanks for the game report. Any thoughts on seeding? I'd guess:
1. Pure Evil (decision makers, not the players)
2. Denfeld
3. Greenway
4. E-G
5. I-Falls
6. Proctor/Virginia winner
7. Proctor/Virginia loser
8. Hibbing
9. North Shore
10. Ely

I'm optimistic about Hibbing next year. While E-G, Greenway, and Falls lose a ton of senior talent, Hibbing only graduates one significant scorer, a few sophomores and freshman on varsity should make a nice jump up, and they are bringing in some solid bantam talent. Obviously the Sandhawks will be favorites, and Denfeld will be #2 with a bullet, hopefully with a chance to upset HermAAntown, but I see Hibbing and Virginia as top contenders for the #3 spot.

So, apparently the two Virginia players who left mid-season aren't playing for E-G, correct?

Jeffy95
Posts: 891
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by Jeffy95 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:18 am

7A could be interesting next year. It will definitely be Denfeld's best and maybe only shot to win it. Hermantown graduates Biondi and two very good Transfers. They will have three very talented returning Senior Transfers and a Junior Transfer who should take a big step up. They will also have the Plante kid and a Sophomore Transfer joining the ranks who is on YHH's prospect list, along with a very solid Sophomore Transfer goalie.

A lot will depend on how many more Transfers they can bring in in the Offseason and if Pionk sticks around, but Denfeld should have an outside shot.

ironranger2
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by ironranger2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:24 am

rainier2 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:36 am
ironranger2 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:58 am
rainier2 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:51 pm
Hibbing upsets E-G 5-4 in OT.

Wonder if this opens up #3 spot for Greenway, allowing them to avoid the Evil Empire in the semis, at least? Denfeld-Greenway semi could be a very entertaining game.
I went to this game last night and wasn't expecting a whole lot. Hibbing looked absolutely terrible against their game against Greenway Tuesday night and it was looking like the kids might have checked out for the year.

I think Eveleth was up 1-0 at the midway point of the 1st and out shooting Hibbing 12-1 when they took their first penalty of the game. Hibbing didn't score, but shots were 12-10 at the end of the penalty and Hibbing scored soon after. It's like a switch was flipped and the game was pretty even after that.

Hibbing kids did one heck of a job laying their bodies out blocking shots. Their effort just seemed to snowball and really kept the team fired up every time someone would block another one. Hibbing just outworked Eveleth, which is what you want to see at the end of the season.

With this being their last section game before coaches meeting on Tuesday, Eveleth needed to win to have a chance at getting the three seed and avoid the potential matchup with Hermantown in the semifinals. 3 seed is definitely going to Greenway and Eveleth will probably have a very difficult 4/5 matchup with an improving I-Falls team, who played a close one with Greenway last night.
Thanks for the game report. Any thoughts on seeding? I'd guess:
1. Pure Evil (decision makers, not the players)
2. Denfeld
3. Greenway
4. E-G
5. I-Falls
6. Proctor/Virginia winner
7. Proctor/Virginia loser
8. Hibbing
9. North Shore
10. Ely

I'm optimistic about Hibbing next year. While E-G, Greenway, and Falls lose a ton of senior talent, Hibbing only graduates one significant scorer, a few sophomores and freshman on varsity should make a nice jump up, and they are bringing in some solid bantam talent. Obviously the Sandhawks will be favorites, and Denfeld will be #2 with a bullet, hopefully with a chance to upset HermAAntown, but I see Hibbing and Virginia as top contenders for the #3 spot.

So, apparently the two Virginia players who left mid-season aren't playing for E-G, correct?
I think you have it spot on for seeding. You never know what coaches will do, but it's pretty much set in my opinion.

I watched Hermantown live vs. Virginia and also some streaming games and they seem to be peaking at the right time. If they play the way they are capable of, they win this section going away (no surprise).

For next year early 7A projections, Hermantown will be returning a group that finished 2nd in AA and Denfeld will have a group that went to state in Single A bantams. They would be the heavy favorites to meet in section finals. Denfeld could be a top 5 team in state next year, unfortunately they will be playing in the same section as the #1 team. They are going to be stuck like that great Perunovich led Hibbing team from a few years ago.

The two kids from Virginia never did come out for the team and I am not sure if they are even enrolled/attending class. I will talk to some parents I work with to see if they know anything.

I would think it's between Hibbing, Virginia, and Eveleth for the next three spots. Here is the link to the Bantam district 12 standings from 2 years ago. That went Eveleth, Virginia, Hibbing.

https://cdn3.sportngin.com/attachments/ ... -11-18.pdf

Obviously a lot of things can change, but Hibbing is looking good because with smaller varsity numbers their underclassmen have been getting a lot of varsity experience.

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by kniven » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:41 am

Jeffy95 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:18 am
7A could be interesting next year. It will definitely be Denfeld's best and maybe only shot to win it. Hermantown graduates Biondi and two very good Transfers. They will have three very talented returning Senior Transfers and a Junior Transfer who should take a big step up. They will also have the Plante kid and a Sophomore Transfer joining the ranks who is on YHH's prospect list, along with a very solid Sophomore Transfer goalie.

A lot will depend on how many more Transfers they can bring in in the Offseason and if Pionk sticks around, but Denfeld should have an outside shot.
Very impressive.....
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:41 am

Jeffy95 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:18 am
7A could be interesting next year. It will definitely be Denfeld's best and maybe only shot to win it. Hermantown graduates Biondi and two very good Transfers. They will have three very talented returning Senior Transfers and a Junior Transfer who should take a big step up. They will also have the Plante kid and a Sophomore Transfer joining the ranks who is on YHH's prospect list, along with a very solid Sophomore Transfer goalie.

A lot will depend on how many more Transfers they can bring in in the Offseason and if Pionk sticks around, but Denfeld should have an outside shot.
Agreed. Denfeld's shot will be next year, because once those Hermantown bantams (#2 in AA right now) become upperclassmen, the upset window will be firmly sealed shut.

Not that there's any reason to think the decision-makers will finally be cured of trophy fever, but they already hosed the 16-17 Hawk players out of a chance at an AA title, so it'd be shame if they deny the current bantam group that chance also. How the parents of those players aren't storming the AD's office with torches and pitchforks, demanding their kids be given a chance to win the big tournament, is beyond me.

If the pipe dream comes true and Hermantown does move up, there is a lot of parity amongst the most of the other 7A teams at the youth levels right now. Rock Ridge will vault to the top in two years, but upsetting them wouldn't be near-impossible like it is with the Hawks.

kniven
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by kniven » Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:24 pm

rainier2 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:41 am
Jeffy95 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:18 am
7A could be interesting next year. It will definitely be Denfeld's best and maybe only shot to win it. Hermantown graduates Biondi and two very good Transfers. They will have three very talented returning Senior Transfers and a Junior Transfer who should take a big step up. They will also have the Plante kid and a Sophomore Transfer joining the ranks who is on YHH's prospect list, along with a very solid Sophomore Transfer goalie.

A lot will depend on how many more Transfers they can bring in in the Offseason and if Pionk sticks around, but Denfeld should have an outside shot.
Agreed. Denfeld's shot will be next year, because once those Hermantown bantams (#2 in AA right now) become upperclassmen, the upset window will be firmly sealed shut.

Not that there's any reason to think the decision-makers will finally be cured of trophy fever, but they already hosed the 16-17 Hawk players out of a chance at an AA title, so it'd be shame if they deny the current bantam group that chance also. How the parents of those players aren't storming the AD's office with torches and pitchforks, demanding their kids be given a chance to win the big tournament, is beyond me.

If the pipe dream comes true and Hermantown does move up, there is a lot of parity amongst the most of the other 7A teams at the youth levels right now. Rock Ridge will vault to the top in two years, but upsetting them wouldn't be near-impossible like it is with the Hawks.
A pipe dream it would not be to my purple. It’s difficult, very difficult, already with out the likes of the Hermantown juggernaut in 7AA. But, that’s not Hermantown’s concern.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

ironranger2
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by ironranger2 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:02 am

Not sure if I should have started a new topic for "Section Seedings", but I will put it here and let the higher ups determine if they want a new topic.

7A Seeding meeting was this morning...results below

1. Hermantown
2. Denfeld
3. Greenway
4. Eveleth
5. Ifalls
6. Virginia
7. Proctor
8. Hibbing
9. North Shore
10. Ely

ironranger2
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by ironranger2 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:23 am

I think Hermantown will probably roll through this section.

I would expect the top four to make it to Duluth, but Eveleth sure didn't do themselves any favors by losing to Hibbing. They get a first round matchup with a team they squeaked by in their last meeting with a last second goal.

I also think Proctor has a fighting chance vs. Denfeld with Urie in nets. It looks like he didn't play in their 5-0 loss to Denfeld earlier this year.

I just don't see Virginia having any chance against Greenway.

Greenway/Denfeld is a toss up. Denfeld might be a bit deeper, but I would probably give a very, very slight edge to Greenway just because of their seniors and head coach.

Eveleth played the best of the 2,3, 4 seeds against Hermantown this year, keeping it 2-2 until midway through the 3rd, but that was at the beginning of the season. Hermantown by 4 or 5 in this one.

I think Greenway keeps a section title game closer than they would have in a semi-final game. TV timouts were huge for them last year and will be a big help again this year. Logan Wright helps keep it close, but Hermantown by only 2 or 3 in the in final even though they heavily out shoot Greenway.

rainier2
Posts: 490
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by rainier2 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:12 pm

ironranger2 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:23 am
I think Hermantown will probably roll through this section.

Agreed. Maybe Denfeld or Greenway could hang until the 3rd, but I'd be surprised if anyone is within 3 goals of the Hawks by the end of the game.

I would expect the top four to make it to Duluth, but Eveleth sure didn't do themselves any favors by losing to Hibbing. They get a first round matchup with a team they squeaked by in their last meeting with a last second goal.

Eveleth blew it vs Hibbing last year, too. Sometimes this team just doesn't seem to bring it. It'd be fun to see I-Falls win a game, but E-G might at least make a semi with HT a little competitive.

I also think Proctor has a fighting chance vs. Denfeld with Urie in nets. It looks like he didn't play in their 5-0 loss to Denfeld earlier this year.

He'd have to play out of his mind. Denfeld is just too deep for the Rails.

I just don't see Virginia having any chance against Greenway.

Agreed. Clafton has had his teams peaking come playoff time, so they will take care of business.

Greenway/Denfeld is a toss up. Denfeld might be a bit deeper, but I would probably give a very, very slight edge to Greenway just because of their seniors and head coach.

Agree 100%

Eveleth played the best of the 2,3, 4 seeds against Hermantown this year, keeping it 2-2 until midway through the 3rd, but that was at the beginning of the season. Hermantown by 4 or 5 in this one.

Yep. Hawks will overwhelm them.

I think Greenway keeps a section title game closer than they would have in a semi-final game. TV timouts were huge for them last year and will be a big help again this year. Logan Wright helps keep it close, but Hermantown by only 2 or 3 in the in final even though they heavily out shoot Greenway.

Agreed. Hermantown is better than last year, and Greenway doesn't have that quality 2nd line this year. I expect Greenway to give it all they got and make it a good game, but by the 3rd the Hawks should have the game in hand, provided they don't give the Raiders a bunch of power plays.

72raidergrad
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:25 am

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by 72raidergrad » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:30 pm

Hey guys & gals,
Been off the forum; my desktop went in the shop & just today got logged in on on my wife's.
Old news but Greenway looked as good as I've seen them all year against Johnson last Fri. The Governors honored the '67 team between periods; about 6-7 players as well as Lou Cotroneo showed up. For those who don't know Greenway & Johnson met in the title game in '67 at state & the results of that game & last Friday's were the same! =D> Phalen Arena is a nice throwback.
A lttle bit frustrating on the tie Sat. with Totino Grace. Up 4-2 when TG scored 2 in 30 sec. tying one trickled in off Wright's glove.
Have to agree with the seedings. I thought Eveleth would be a sure #4 after losing to Hibbing. We'll see what happens.
Greenway up on Bemidji 2-0 in the first.

Thunderstruck
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: 7A - Thoughts

Post by Thunderstruck » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:48 am

All a mute point, The Lake Superior Stars High School Team aka Hermantown Hawks will win section 7A again.

Post Reply