Duluth East at Grand Rapids 1.9.20

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

kniven

Duluth East at Grand Rapids 1.9.20

Post by kniven »

The best rivalry in 7AA. This will be very interesting. I sure hope it streamed online somewhere. I think an East win will do more for East than a Rapids win for Rapids.
Last edited by kniven on Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
TwinCitiesImport

Re: Duluth East at Grand Rapids

Post by TwinCitiesImport »

You gonna wear Orange for that one Kniven!?
GRHS
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

GR has been streaming their home games recently. Look up Sheldon Willis on YouTube to see if his stream is going (he is also the radio broadcaster). If there's good wifi at visiting rinks they'll also stream. They streamed last night's hermantown game.

Should be a good battle!! Rapids needs to get a little dirtier in front. Watch for Peart on the power play.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
kniven

Post by kniven »

TwinCitiesImport wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:42 am You gonna wear Orange for that one Kniven!?
I’ll be filming CEC girls at home vs. Duluth Marshall. But I’m hoping to watch after the game when I get home. I think Up North Hockey will be streaming video of that game. I sure hope so!!

Oh boy. Purple PeeweeAA at Duluth East on Thursday too. I’m not sure where I’ll be on Thursday now. #Ilovemyhockey🤓
kniven

Post by kniven »

kniven wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:04 am
TwinCitiesImport wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:42 am You gonna wear Orange for that one Kniven!?
I’ll be filming CEC girls at home vs. Duluth Marshall. But I’m hoping to watch after the game when I get home. I think Up North Hockey will be streaming video of that game. I sure hope so!!

Oh boy. Purple PeeweeAA at Duluth East on Thursday too. I’m not sure where I’ll be on Thursday now. #Ilovemyhockey🤓
Internet video stream will be here for this game: here:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZXS6Y ... P4Uq2Od4pw
karl(east)

Re: Duluth East at Grand Rapids 1.9.20

Post by karl(east) »

Question for the Rapids crew: I plan to attend tomorrow night, but a work commitment may keep me from arriving until shortly before puck drop. What's the best place to park near IRA for a late arrival? I don't mind walking some distance, just don't want to spend a lot of time circling in a fruitless search or trapped in some place that's impossible to leave afterward. Thanks!
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

Also a heads up game is 7pm not 730pm. Rapids has changed all week night games to 7pm.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Usthockey13 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:19 pm Also a heads up game is 7pm not 730pm. Rapids has changed all week night games to 7pm.
Well, guess I'm missing the first period. Ugh.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

karl(east) wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:12 pm Question for the Rapids crew: I plan to attend tomorrow night, but a work commitment may keep me from arriving until shortly before puck drop. What's the best place to park near IRA for a late arrival? I don't mind walking some distance, just don't want to spend a lot of time circling in a fruitless search or trapped in some place that's impossible to leave afterward. Thanks!
I would suggest heading toward the high school, turn left at the lights. You should be able to park along either side of the road, obviously aim east for a quick getaway. It might be full all the way to the high school but still better than being trapped in a parking lot. OR try the side streets off NW 13th St., residential parking that I think few people take advantage of.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

north_bear wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:58 pm
karl(east) wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:12 pm Question for the Rapids crew: I plan to attend tomorrow night, but a work commitment may keep me from arriving until shortly before puck drop. What's the best place to park near IRA for a late arrival? I don't mind walking some distance, just don't want to spend a lot of time circling in a fruitless search or trapped in some place that's impossible to leave afterward. Thanks!
I would suggest heading toward the high school, turn left at the lights. You should be able to park along either side of the road, obviously aim east for a quick getaway. It might be full all the way to the high school but still better than being trapped in a parking lot. OR try the side streets off NW 13th St., residential parking that I think few people take advantage of.
Perfect, much appreciated!
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

Game will be on My9 tonight as well.
kniven

Post by kniven »

kniven wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:34 am The best rivalry in 7AA. This will be very interesting. I sure hope it streamed online somewhere. I think an East win will do more for East than a Rapids win for Rapids.

It’s interesting in the week 8 picks so far.....1 for Duluth East and 14 for Grand Rapids as far as wh they think will win. I wonder what it would be on who do you want to win instead of who do you think will win....
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

kniven wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:18 pm
kniven wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:34 am The best rivalry in 7AA. This will be very interesting. I sure hope it streamed online somewhere. I think an East win will do more for East than a Rapids win for Rapids.

It’s interesting in the week 8 picks so far.....1 for Duluth East and 14 for Grand Rapids as far as wh they think will win. I wonder what it would be on who do you want to win instead of who do you think will win....
Despite wins over Tonka & Blaine, DE isn’t a “talented” hockey team like they’ve been the last oh...20-30 years (in 2020). Not saying they aren’t a good team, they are, but lack big time talent. Nonetheless, it should be a good game tonight, one DE may win! I’m sure the seniors on DE (actually) relish their role of essentially being the misfits rather than the favorites, this year they’re the ones with a chip on their shoulders with something to prove 😉
kniven

Post by kniven »

hockey59 wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pm
kniven wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:18 pm

Despite wins over Tonka & Blaine, DE isn’t a “talented” hockey team like they’ve been the last oh...20-30 years (in 2020). Not saying they aren’t a good team, they are, but lack big time talent. Nonetheless, it should be a good game tonight, one DE may win! I’m sure the seniors on DE (actually) relish their role of essentially being the misfits rather than the favorites, this year they’re the ones with a chip on their shoulders with something to prove 😉
I’m hoping senior Finn Hoops is suited up tonight for Duluth East and is healthy. I’m watching when I get home from the CEC vs. Duluth East PeeweeAA game tonight in Duluth 👍🤓
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

GR 2-1 victory in front of a packed house.

Pretty even game. Some sloppy play and some good back and forth action. Difficult for either team to generate much offensively. Rapids probably had more puck time but East was good about limiting chances.

Karl, better update them rankings this week. :lol:
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

north_bear wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:02 pm GR 2-1 victory in front of a packed house.

Pretty even game. Some sloppy play and some good back and forth action. Difficult for either team to generate much offensively. Rapids probably had more puck time but East was good about limiting chances.

Karl, better update them rankings this week. :lol:
My head hurts, but at least one team looks like it's moving up unless they choke on Saturday...

It was indeed a pretty even game without much space for anyone to operate. East had better zone time but generated very, very few quality chances. Rapids has a little more finishing talent and that was likely the difference. The Hounds certainly need Hoops in the lineup if they want any hope of having scoring depth. If these two meet again in sections, it'll be a very nervy, tight game.

One would think GR is in pretty decent shape for the 2-seed now, though Cloquet may yet have something to say about that.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

Did you just try to throw a curse Karl?
TwinCitiesImport

Post by TwinCitiesImport »

So Rapids beats East and the site the site goes down for the weekend... :-k
GRHS
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

TwinCitiesImport wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:06 am So Rapids beats East and the site the site goes down for the weekend... :-k
Double that..... [-X
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

BodyShots wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:32 am
TwinCitiesImport wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:06 am So Rapids beats East and the site the site goes down for the weekend... :-k
Double that..... [-X
lol...seems like too big of a coincidence to me 😉
bardown27

Post by bardown27 »

hockey59 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:13 pm
Double that..... [-X
Rule #39
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

bardown27 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:17 pm
hockey59 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:13 pm
Double that..... [-X
Rule #39