BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Post Reply
YouthHockeyHub
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 pm

BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:33 am

Good Morning!

Our BHS Hockey Podcast is now live. The boys break down yet another insane week, comment on Karl’s weekly Top 10 and list our top five uncommitted players in the state.

Player Interview ---> NMU commit Grant Slukynsky (Warroad)

BHS Pod —>https://bit.ly/37IaTxR

WestMetro
Posts: 2936
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

Post by WestMetro » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:19 pm

Good show!

As far as uncommitted kids, a couple of my favorites popped up . Glad to hear them getting well deserved s/o

Drew Holt. Phenomenal bantam career. There were doubters last year at beginning soph HS season , but he has put those to rest down the stretch last year and this year . Consistent point production . Quickest shot in the state, whether absolute one timer or settling puck down for quick wrister

I’ve been high on Adam Marshall for 3 years now . I think he is now BSm top goal scoring forward ,as a soph. Next year after Gleason graduates, people will be saying he is best 2 way player in the state?
Always on the puck. Great family.

Stang5280
Posts: 1225
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

Post by Stang5280 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:12 pm

I enjoyed the podcast as usual, and the segment about uncommitted players was a great idea. A few comments come to mind...
1. Given the new recruiting rules, picking sophomores is a bit disingenuous, since they would have needed to commit as freshmen last year prior to the rule changes.
2. Speaking of college commitments, it would be interesting to hear from committed players as to how they ended up selecting their colleges, especially from a non-traditional one like Richels going to UNH.
3. Have you guys been paying attention to 6A this year? Sartell is way down and won’t even come close to sniffing the three seed.

ClassAGuy
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

Post by ClassAGuy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:43 pm

Stang5280 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:12 pm
I enjoyed the podcast as usual, and the segment about uncommitted players was a great idea. A few comments come to mind...
1. Given the new recruiting rules, picking sophomores is a bit disingenuous, since they would have needed to commit as freshmen last year prior to the rule changes.
2. Speaking of college commitments, it would be interesting to hear from committed players as to how they ended up selecting their colleges, especially from a non-traditional one like Richels going to UNH.
3. Have you guys been paying attention to 6A this year? Sartell is way down and won’t even come close to sniffing the three seed.
Stang I agree I scratch my head at the Class A content sometimes I wish there was a more dedicated Class A guy like Karl is for AA to Help.\

Otherwise great podcast and always a good listen.

SquirtC'00
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

Post by SquirtC'00 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:27 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:43 pm
Stang5280 wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:12 pm
I enjoyed the podcast as usual, and the segment about uncommitted players was a great idea. A few comments come to mind...
1. Given the new recruiting rules, picking sophomores is a bit disingenuous, since they would have needed to commit as freshmen last year prior to the rule changes.
2. Speaking of college commitments, it would be interesting to hear from committed players as to how they ended up selecting their colleges, especially from a non-traditional one like Richels going to UNH.
3. Have you guys been paying attention to 6A this year? Sartell is way down and won’t even come close to sniffing the three seed.
Stang I agree I scratch my head at the Class A content sometimes I wish there was a more dedicated Class A guy like Karl is for AA to Help.\

Otherwise great podcast and always a good listen.
Ok I'll bite, I'm always looking for middle segments is there a Class A middle segment you want us to debate other than Class A rankings?

O-townClown
Posts: 4031
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

Post by O-townClown » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:47 pm

If only there were a Class A Guy
Be kind. Rewind.

ClassAGuy
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

Post by ClassAGuy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:30 am

O-townClown wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:47 pm
If only there were a Class A Guy
Not saying I need to be on the podcast just more some more in-depth Class A Knowledge. AA is helped by Karl being on there it's fun every week you get a good ranking. No offense to Tony but he has a ton going on and sometimes we get a Class A ranking other times no and just I don't think they really know the depth of each section beyond the top few programs.

I will shut my mouth though because its not easy to do and I love the podcast

YouthHockeyHub
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:33 am

NEWS FLASH. SCC beats #1AA Andover. If anyone can honestly say we don't give Class A its due, is not seeing through a clear lens. Danny and I drove 5.5 hours to EGF to see 1 game and drove back the same day.

This is arguably the best year in Class A history.

The reason we don't give it as much "love" isn't because of the quality of play. It's just not as deep. None of the top 6 teams have lost to a non-top 6 class A team. If we did Class A Rankings each week, we'd read the same 6 teams before it got interesting.

What it tells me is the section finals and first round state this year could be REALLY good.

-TS

WestMetro
Posts: 2936
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

Post by WestMetro » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:41 am

Credit also to YHH this year for time and money invested in the Jersey Project . For all 150 programs , AA and A.

YouthHockeyHub
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:20 pm

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

Post by YouthHockeyHub » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:06 pm

Thanks Westy.

Appreciate your text today and the kind words about the book. Can't believe the trek to 149 teams is almost over.

My aim with post above was not to bemoan posters ribbing about Class A. I welcome the bemoaners.

I was just sticking up for our show's love of Class A and YHH's love of all teams, not just the top 10 AA teams. Hence the book we are rolling out - each team gets the same real estate, no matter how many state titles or NHL stars your school produced.

blueblood
Posts: 2485
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am

Re: BHS Hockey Podcast - January 5

Post by blueblood » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:59 pm

=D>
Play Like a Champion Today

Post Reply