The Hermantown Thread

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ClassAGuy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by ClassAGuy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 am

Jeffy95 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:57 am
NMNSUPPORTER wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:46 am
Why is it so difficult for people to realize that Hermantown does not have a magical potion or secret sauce, it is simply they have a good base program and then add a few of the areas top squirts, pee wees, bantams, and hs players every year. Simply put it is a numbers game. They take there base and bring in a few of the areas other top players every year and poooof there a winner. Hermantown was nothing more than a speed bump prior to the advent of AAA youth hockey. The Lake Superior Stars bring in a selection of local youth players that are above average and by doing so they create bonds with like skilled kids. Those kids and the parents see what happens when they come together and decide hey why not continue the summer success in the winter. Just to be clear when the HS went Tier I and Tier II Hermantown got placed in Tier I the first year and got crushed, the following year they requested to be the team the switched with Greenway as Greenway requested to play Tier I and Hermantown moved down to Tier II.

They have been playing at the lowest level they can forever and have taken advantage of the Summer Hockey Movement better than any other program.

That is why they win, not because of some special program. Bruce Plante was the benefactor of the AAA movement, his players were not all from the Hermantown Zipcode. In fact due to AAA and open enrollment Hermantown has raped a pillaged the Proctor/Twig program, the Denfeld program, and the Range programs ever since AAA started. Lets just leave it with they were smart enough to maximize AAA and not fight it. Heck the Hibbing brothers parents were anti AAA until there boys got selected and poof dad didnt get the HS job and they moved to there AAA home
Biggest difference this year is they didn’t even bother with the Base. Biondi and Pionk are the only two Hermantown kids who are contributing to the scoring. This is truly an All Northern MN AAA team.

The good news, (Hope) is that this rarely works when teams bring in these short term rentals to try to buy a championship. Great example is when the Lakers brought in Payton and Malone to a team that was already the favorite. For the sake of our game, let’s hope Hermantown and EP fall flat on their face at some point. Warroad and Andover are my teams this year! Bring it home boys!
Wait a minute Jeffy95 I love your hatred for Hermantown and how they are bending the rules and everyone knows half that team is not a real Hermantown kid.... BUT WARROAD!!! They were cheating and sandbaging in Class A from the start of it 1994. From 94-08 Warroad was Hermantown play up during the regular season against AA Teams. Bring kids in from all over with Marvin Windows and then win Class A titles while they could of competed at 8AA and for the Class AA Title. Warroad was just as bad as Hermantown.

Warroad build the blueprint for what Hermantown is doing now... WARROAD??? seriously that one made me chuckle.

defense
Posts: 1610
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: right here

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by defense » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:38 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 am
Jeffy95 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:57 am
NMNSUPPORTER wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:46 am
Why is it so difficult for people to realize that Hermantown does not have a magical potion or secret sauce, it is simply they have a good base program and then add a few of the areas top squirts, pee wees, bantams, and hs players every year. Simply put it is a numbers game. They take there base and bring in a few of the areas other top players every year and poooof there a winner. Hermantown was nothing more than a speed bump prior to the advent of AAA youth hockey. The Lake Superior Stars bring in a selection of local youth players that are above average and by doing so they create bonds with like skilled kids. Those kids and the parents see what happens when they come together and decide hey why not continue the summer success in the winter. Just to be clear when the HS went Tier I and Tier II Hermantown got placed in Tier I the first year and got crushed, the following year they requested to be the team the switched with Greenway as Greenway requested to play Tier I and Hermantown moved down to Tier II.

They have been playing at the lowest level they can forever and have taken advantage of the Summer Hockey Movement better than any other program.

That is why they win, not because of some special program. Bruce Plante was the benefactor of the AAA movement, his players were not all from the Hermantown Zipcode. In fact due to AAA and open enrollment Hermantown has raped a pillaged the Proctor/Twig program, the Denfeld program, and the Range programs ever since AAA started. Lets just leave it with they were smart enough to maximize AAA and not fight it. Heck the Hibbing brothers parents were anti AAA until there boys got selected and poof dad didnt get the HS job and they moved to there AAA home
Biggest difference this year is they didn’t even bother with the Base. Biondi and Pionk are the only two Hermantown kids who are contributing to the scoring. This is truly an All Northern MN AAA team.

The good news, (Hope) is that this rarely works when teams bring in these short term rentals to try to buy a championship. Great example is when the Lakers brought in Payton and Malone to a team that was already the favorite. For the sake of our game, let’s hope Hermantown and EP fall flat on their face at some point. Warroad and Andover are my teams this year! Bring it home boys!
Wait a minute Jeffy95 I love your hatred for Hermantown and how they are bending the rules and everyone knows half that team is not a real Hermantown kid.... BUT WARROAD!!! They were cheating and sandbaging in Class A from the start of it 1994. From 94-08 Warroad was Hermantown play up during the regular season against AA Teams. Bring kids in from all over with Marvin Windows and then win Class A titles while they could of competed at 8AA and for the Class AA Title. Warroad was just as bad as Hermantown.

Warroad build the blueprint for what Hermantown is doing now... WARROAD??? seriously that one made me chuckle.
Truth.

But if either team was breaking rules, neither wouldve won
Otter Hockey Rocks

rainier2
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by rainier2 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:56 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 am
Jeffy95 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:57 am
NMNSUPPORTER wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:46 am
Why is it so difficult for people to realize that Hermantown does not have a magical potion or secret sauce, it is simply they have a good base program and then add a few of the areas top squirts, pee wees, bantams, and hs players every year. Simply put it is a numbers game. They take there base and bring in a few of the areas other top players every year and poooof there a winner. Hermantown was nothing more than a speed bump prior to the advent of AAA youth hockey. The Lake Superior Stars bring in a selection of local youth players that are above average and by doing so they create bonds with like skilled kids. Those kids and the parents see what happens when they come together and decide hey why not continue the summer success in the winter. Just to be clear when the HS went Tier I and Tier II Hermantown got placed in Tier I the first year and got crushed, the following year they requested to be the team the switched with Greenway as Greenway requested to play Tier I and Hermantown moved down to Tier II.

They have been playing at the lowest level they can forever and have taken advantage of the Summer Hockey Movement better than any other program.

That is why they win, not because of some special program. Bruce Plante was the benefactor of the AAA movement, his players were not all from the Hermantown Zipcode. In fact due to AAA and open enrollment Hermantown has raped a pillaged the Proctor/Twig program, the Denfeld program, and the Range programs ever since AAA started. Lets just leave it with they were smart enough to maximize AAA and not fight it. Heck the Hibbing brothers parents were anti AAA until there boys got selected and poof dad didnt get the HS job and they moved to there AAA home
Biggest difference this year is they didn’t even bother with the Base. Biondi and Pionk are the only two Hermantown kids who are contributing to the scoring. This is truly an All Northern MN AAA team.

The good news, (Hope) is that this rarely works when teams bring in these short term rentals to try to buy a championship. Great example is when the Lakers brought in Payton and Malone to a team that was already the favorite. For the sake of our game, let’s hope Hermantown and EP fall flat on their face at some point. Warroad and Andover are my teams this year! Bring it home boys!
Wait a minute Jeffy95 I love your hatred for Hermantown and how they are bending the rules and everyone knows half that team is not a real Hermantown kid.... BUT WARROAD!!! They were cheating and sandbaging in Class A from the start of it 1994. From 94-08 Warroad was Hermantown play up during the regular season against AA Teams. Bring kids in from all over with Marvin Windows and then win Class A titles while they could of competed at 8AA and for the Class AA Title. Warroad was just as bad as Hermantown.

Warroad build the blueprint for what Hermantown is doing now... WARROAD??? seriously that one made me chuckle.
Huge differences between Warroad and Hermantown:

-Hermantown is within a 10 minute drive of 150,000 person metro area. It is orders of magnitude easier for players to transfer/open enroll in a metro area like that. No where near the life disruption that moving to a rural town like Warroad would be. Maybe Marvin's can give parents jobs, but the Duluth metro has a much wider array of job possibilities.

-Warroad is coming off of a decade of being a mediocre A team, and even when they did have some talented move-ins (Roth, Bethune), they weren't winning 8A, much less 8AA.

-Warroad doesn't play AA all through youth and HS regular season, then step down for HS playoffs.

But, I do agree that once Warroad had some high end A success, then whenever they could compete just fine in 8AA they should have. Like the next few years, if they feel they have a decent shot at winning 8AA, then why not go for it, given they have plenty of A trophies?

ClassAGuy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by ClassAGuy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:52 pm

rainier2 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:56 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 am
Jeffy95 wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:57 am


Biggest difference this year is they didn’t even bother with the Base. Biondi and Pionk are the only two Hermantown kids who are contributing to the scoring. This is truly an All Northern MN AAA team.

The good news, (Hope) is that this rarely works when teams bring in these short term rentals to try to buy a championship. Great example is when the Lakers brought in Payton and Malone to a team that was already the favorite. For the sake of our game, let’s hope Hermantown and EP fall flat on their face at some point. Warroad and Andover are my teams this year! Bring it home boys!
Wait a minute Jeffy95 I love your hatred for Hermantown and how they are bending the rules and everyone knows half that team is not a real Hermantown kid.... BUT WARROAD!!! They were cheating and sandbaging in Class A from the start of it 1994. From 94-08 Warroad was Hermantown play up during the regular season against AA Teams. Bring kids in from all over with Marvin Windows and then win Class A titles while they could of competed at 8AA and for the Class AA Title. Warroad was just as bad as Hermantown.

Warroad build the blueprint for what Hermantown is doing now... WARROAD??? seriously that one made me chuckle.
Huge differences between Warroad and Hermantown:

-Hermantown is within a 10 minute drive of 150,000 person metro area. It is orders of magnitude easier for players to transfer/open enroll in a metro area like that. No where near the life disruption that moving to a rural town like Warroad would be. Maybe Marvin's can give parents jobs, but the Duluth metro has a much wider array of job possibilities.

-Warroad is coming off of a decade of being a mediocre A team, and even when they did have some talented move-ins (Roth, Bethune), they weren't winning 8A, much less 8AA.

-Warroad doesn't play AA all through youth and HS regular season, then step down for HS playoffs.

But, I do agree that once Warroad had some high end A success, then whenever they could compete just fine in 8AA they should have. Like the next few years, if they feel they have a decent shot at winning 8AA, then why not go for it, given they have plenty of A trophies?
I was not comparing the Warroad of the last decade to Hermantown. However, it is funny the last time the Warriors were good they had one line of Bethune, Roth and SLyvester who were all move-ins and not warriors.

Warroad from 94-08 was Exactly what Hermantown is today. They played AA teams during the year then dropped down to A for an annual trip to State and when they had the Oshie Crew from 03-05 they should have won 3 in a row.

Warroad built the Blueprint for Hermantown. Sandbag in Class A offer jobs to hockey people from Marvin Window's and get your imports from Canda as well and make annual trips to St Paul. People moved to Warroad for hockey only just like Hermantown now. Now over the last decade, that model died because Hermantown has used it.

My point was Jeffy95 rips Hermantown for doing the very same thing Warroad did for years. It was just funny the very program that Hermantown is modeling is the one he is cheering for?? I just thought it was an odd choice.

Not here to steal your Hermantown is the evil empire thunder and how terrible they are and it's bad that they win stuff...

Just saying it was funny he rips Hermantown yet cheers for Warroad.... COME ON MAN!!!

rainier2
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by rainier2 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:00 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:52 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:56 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 am


Wait a minute Jeffy95 I love your hatred for Hermantown and how they are bending the rules and everyone knows half that team is not a real Hermantown kid.... BUT WARROAD!!! They were cheating and sandbaging in Class A from the start of it 1994. From 94-08 Warroad was Hermantown play up during the regular season against AA Teams. Bring kids in from all over with Marvin Windows and then win Class A titles while they could of competed at 8AA and for the Class AA Title. Warroad was just as bad as Hermantown.

Warroad build the blueprint for what Hermantown is doing now... WARROAD??? seriously that one made me chuckle.
Huge differences between Warroad and Hermantown:

-Hermantown is within a 10 minute drive of 150,000 person metro area. It is orders of magnitude easier for players to transfer/open enroll in a metro area like that. No where near the life disruption that moving to a rural town like Warroad would be. Maybe Marvin's can give parents jobs, but the Duluth metro has a much wider array of job possibilities.

-Warroad is coming off of a decade of being a mediocre A team, and even when they did have some talented move-ins (Roth, Bethune), they weren't winning 8A, much less 8AA.

-Warroad doesn't play AA all through youth and HS regular season, then step down for HS playoffs.

But, I do agree that once Warroad had some high end A success, then whenever they could compete just fine in 8AA they should have. Like the next few years, if they feel they have a decent shot at winning 8AA, then why not go for it, given they have plenty of A trophies?
I was not comparing the Warroad of the last decade to Hermantown. However, it is funny the last time the Warriors were good they had one line of Bethune, Roth and SLyvester who were all move-ins and not warriors.

Warroad from 94-08 was Exactly what Hermantown is today. They played AA teams during the year then dropped down to A for an annual trip to State and when they had the Oshie Crew from 03-05 they should have won 3 in a row.

Warroad built the Blueprint for Hermantown. Sandbag in Class A offer jobs to hockey people from Marvin Window's and get your imports from Canda as well and make annual trips to St Paul. People moved to Warroad for hockey only just like Hermantown now. Now over the last decade, that model died because Hermantown has used it.

My point was Jeffy95 rips Hermantown for doing the very same thing Warroad did for years. It was just funny the very program that Hermantown is modeling is the one he is cheering for?? I just thought it was an odd choice.

Not here to steal your Hermantown is the evil empire thunder and how terrible they are and it's bad that they win stuff...

Just saying it was funny he rips Hermantown yet cheers for Warroad.... COME ON MAN!!!
Get back to me once Warroad beats the AA champ for a few years in a row. :D

warriors41
Posts: 653
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:40 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by warriors41 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:18 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:52 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:56 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 am


Wait a minute Jeffy95 I love your hatred for Hermantown and how they are bending the rules and everyone knows half that team is not a real Hermantown kid.... BUT WARROAD!!! They were cheating and sandbaging in Class A from the start of it 1994. From 94-08 Warroad was Hermantown play up during the regular season against AA Teams. Bring kids in from all over with Marvin Windows and then win Class A titles while they could of competed at 8AA and for the Class AA Title. Warroad was just as bad as Hermantown.

Warroad build the blueprint for what Hermantown is doing now... WARROAD??? seriously that one made me chuckle.
Huge differences between Warroad and Hermantown:

-Hermantown is within a 10 minute drive of 150,000 person metro area. It is orders of magnitude easier for players to transfer/open enroll in a metro area like that. No where near the life disruption that moving to a rural town like Warroad would be. Maybe Marvin's can give parents jobs, but the Duluth metro has a much wider array of job possibilities.

-Warroad is coming off of a decade of being a mediocre A team, and even when they did have some talented move-ins (Roth, Bethune), they weren't winning 8A, much less 8AA.

-Warroad doesn't play AA all through youth and HS regular season, then step down for HS playoffs.

But, I do agree that once Warroad had some high end A success, then whenever they could compete just fine in 8AA they should have. Like the next few years, if they feel they have a decent shot at winning 8AA, then why not go for it, given they have plenty of A trophies?
I was not comparing the Warroad of the last decade to Hermantown. However, it is funny the last time the Warriors were good they had one line of Bethune, Roth and SLyvester who were all move-ins and not warriors.

Warroad from 94-08 was Exactly what Hermantown is today. They played AA teams during the year then dropped down to A for an annual trip to State and when they had the Oshie Crew from 03-05 they should have won 3 in a row.

Warroad built the Blueprint for Hermantown. Sandbag in Class A offer jobs to hockey people from Marvin Window's and get your imports from Canda as well and make annual trips to St Paul. People moved to Warroad for hockey only just like Hermantown now. Now over the last decade, that model died because Hermantown has used it.

My point was Jeffy95 rips Hermantown for doing the very same thing Warroad did for years. It was just funny the very program that Hermantown is modeling is the one he is cheering for?? I just thought it was an odd choice.

Not here to steal your Hermantown is the evil empire thunder and how terrible they are and it's bad that they win stuff...

Just saying it was funny he rips Hermantown yet cheers for Warroad.... COME ON MAN!!!
The AA teams that Warroad plays are all northern teams. Roseau, Bemidji, Moorhead, and Grand Rapids are usually the only teams that they schedule. Warroad has been playing these teams literally for decades. That makes up 6 games a year because they usually only play Moorhead and Grand Rapids once. Its not like they are making multiple trips to the metro each year to play top AA teams.

And your point about hockey transfers getting easy jobs at Marvins doesn’t really make sense either. When Roth and Bethune played in Warroad Marvins was on a hiring freeze. Roth’s dad took a job at the local grocery store and Bethune drove down from Canada each day.

ClassAGuy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by ClassAGuy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:20 pm

One Last time....

I am comparing Modern day Hermantown to the Warroad teams of the past.... Not current or last decade From 94-08 The Warriors doimnate dClass A like Hermantown is now. People moved to Warroad to play hockey just like they do to Hermantown currently. The Warriors won 5 titles in their stretch of doiminating CLass A.

Hermantown is the modern version of what Warroad USED TO BE... WHy I though ironic he is cheering for Warroad because they set the Blueprint for what Hermantown is doing NOW...

7TIMECHAMPS
Posts: 213
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:58 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by 7TIMECHAMPS » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:51 pm

warriors41 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:18 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:52 pm
rainier2 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:56 pm


Huge differences between Warroad and Hermantown:

-Hermantown is within a 10 minute drive of 150,000 person metro area. It is orders of magnitude easier for players to transfer/open enroll in a metro area like that. No where near the life disruption that moving to a rural town like Warroad would be. Maybe Marvin's can give parents jobs, but the Duluth metro has a much wider array of job possibilities.

-Warroad is coming off of a decade of being a mediocre A team, and even when they did have some talented move-ins (Roth, Bethune), they weren't winning 8A, much less 8AA.

-Warroad doesn't play AA all through youth and HS regular season, then step down for HS playoffs.

But, I do agree that once Warroad had some high end A success, then whenever they could compete just fine in 8AA they should have. Like the next few years, if they feel they have a decent shot at winning 8AA, then why not go for it, given they have plenty of A trophies?
I was not comparing the Warroad of the last decade to Hermantown. However, it is funny the last time the Warriors were good they had one line of Bethune, Roth and SLyvester who were all move-ins and not warriors.

Warroad from 94-08 was Exactly what Hermantown is today. They played AA teams during the year then dropped down to A for an annual trip to State and when they had the Oshie Crew from 03-05 they should have won 3 in a row.

Warroad built the Blueprint for Hermantown. Sandbag in Class A offer jobs to hockey people from Marvin Window's and get your imports from Canda as well and make annual trips to St Paul. People moved to Warroad for hockey only just like Hermantown now. Now over the last decade, that model died because Hermantown has used it.

My point was Jeffy95 rips Hermantown for doing the very same thing Warroad did for years. It was just funny the very program that Hermantown is modeling is the one he is cheering for?? I just thought it was an odd choice.

Not here to steal your Hermantown is the evil empire thunder and how terrible they are and it's bad that they win stuff...

Just saying it was funny he rips Hermantown yet cheers for Warroad.... COME ON MAN!!!
The AA teams that Warroad plays are all northern teams. Roseau, Bemidji, Moorhead, and Grand Rapids are usually the only teams that they schedule. Warroad has been playing these teams literally for decades. That makes up 6 games a year because they usually only play Moorhead and Grand Rapids once. Its not like they are making multiple trips to the metro each year to play top AA teams.

And your point about hockey transfers getting easy jobs at Marvins doesn’t really make sense either. When Roth and Bethune played in Warroad Marvins was on a hiring freeze. Roth’s dad took a job at the local grocery store and Bethune drove down from Canada each day.
If you don’t think that some of those Warroad teams would have beat the AA champ you need to pull your head out of your arse. It was only a matter of not having them on the schedule. So if you think that scheduling a bunch of lower level teams and blowing them out is the way to go then yeah Warroad did it right. Of course that is accepting the premise that neither is moving up.

ClassAGuy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by ClassAGuy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:03 pm

7TIMECHAMPS wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:51 pm
warriors41 wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:18 pm
ClassAGuy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:52 pm


I was not comparing the Warroad of the last decade to Hermantown. However, it is funny the last time the Warriors were good they had one line of Bethune, Roth and SLyvester who were all move-ins and not warriors.

Warroad from 94-08 was Exactly what Hermantown is today. They played AA teams during the year then dropped down to A for an annual trip to State and when they had the Oshie Crew from 03-05 they should have won 3 in a row.

Warroad built the Blueprint for Hermantown. Sandbag in Class A offer jobs to hockey people from Marvin Window's and get your imports from Canda as well and make annual trips to St Paul. People moved to Warroad for hockey only just like Hermantown now. Now over the last decade, that model died because Hermantown has used it.

My point was Jeffy95 rips Hermantown for doing the very same thing Warroad did for years. It was just funny the very program that Hermantown is modeling is the one he is cheering for?? I just thought it was an odd choice.

Not here to steal your Hermantown is the evil empire thunder and how terrible they are and it's bad that they win stuff...

Just saying it was funny he rips Hermantown yet cheers for Warroad.... COME ON MAN!!!
The AA teams that Warroad plays are all northern teams. Roseau, Bemidji, Moorhead, and Grand Rapids are usually the only teams that they schedule. Warroad has been playing these teams literally for decades. That makes up 6 games a year because they usually only play Moorhead and Grand Rapids once. Its not like they are making multiple trips to the metro each year to play top AA teams.

And your point about hockey transfers getting easy jobs at Marvins doesn’t really make sense either. When Roth and Bethune played in Warroad Marvins was on a hiring freeze. Roth’s dad took a job at the local grocery store and Bethune drove down from Canada each day.
If you don’t think that some of those Warroad teams would have beat the AA champ you need to pull your head out of your arse. It was only a matter of not having them on the schedule. So if you think that scheduling a bunch of lower level teams and blowing them out is the way to go then yeah Warroad did it right. Of course that is accepting the premise that neither is moving up.
The 2000's version of the Warriors was just as dominate as the version of Hermantown the last decade. The Oshie Teams were the best team in the State regardless of class and no those were not all Warroad kids.

Warroad was Hermantown during that time and they could of easily competed at AA.

Why I found it funny Jeffy was rooting for them.

Sorry this is getting sidetracked you may return to ripping Hermantown but don't tell me the Mid- 90's and early 00's version of Warroad was not the same it was. Annual trips to St Paul and trophies won and people moving in for hockey...Why the heck else would you relocate to Warroad!

Puckguy19
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 9:01 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Puckguy19 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:07 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:20 pm
One Last time....

I am comparing Modern day Hermantown to the Warroad teams of the past.... Not current or last decade From 94-08 The Warriors doimnate dClass A like Hermantown is now. People moved to Warroad to play hockey just like they do to Hermantown currently. The Warriors won 5 titles in their stretch of doiminating CLass A.

Hermantown is the modern version of what Warroad USED TO BE... WHy I though ironic he is cheering for Warroad because they set the Blueprint for what Hermantown is doing NOW...
There is a common denominator. 8)

Jeffy95
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:45 am

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Jeffy95 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:24 am

I’m a History Buff. I love Roseau and Warroad. That changes nothing about Hermantown Raping and Pillaging the Minnesota Model.

kniven
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:22 am

Jeffy95 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:24 am
I’m a History Buff. I love Roseau and Warroad. That changes nothing about Hermantown Raping and Pillaging the Minnesota Model.
You know, the kids and head coach have no real vote or actual say. It’s the powers that be in Hermantown that ultimately decide. The kids and Coach are just playing hockey. I’m fairly certain the players and coaches would vote a move up if given a voice. And, I love Warroad and Roseau too. 👍
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

ClassAGuy
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:51 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by ClassAGuy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:21 am

Jeffy95 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:24 am
I’m a History Buff. I love Roseau and Warroad. That changes nothing about Hermantown Raping and Pillaging the Minnesota Model.
No it does not change anything about Hermantown just funny you choose the worst team to cheer for in Class A because you are at mad at Hermantown because Warroad was sandbagging with imports from all over for Class A Trophies since the inception of it in 94. Too funny that is the team you root for when you hate on Hermantown every day. Hermantown is doing exactly what Warroad USED TO DO!!

Classic!

You may now retrun to normal Hermantown whining!

kniven
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:34 pm

Grand Rapids at Hermaphroditism tonite. What a waste of time for the orange....
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

rainier2
Posts: 466
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by rainier2 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:32 pm

ClassAGuy wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:21 am
Jeffy95 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:24 am
I’m a History Buff. I love Roseau and Warroad. That changes nothing about Hermantown Raping and Pillaging the Minnesota Model.
No it does not change anything about Hermantown just funny you choose the worst team to cheer for in Class A because you are at mad at Hermantown because Warroad was sandbagging with imports from all over for Class A Trophies since the inception of it in 94. Too funny that is the team you root for when you hate on Hermantown every day. Hermantown is doing exactly what Warroad USED TO DO!!

Classic!

You may now retrun to normal Hermantown whining!
I'm sure the mods can start you your very own Warroad whining thread if this one bothers you that much.

grindiangrad-80
Posts: 2455
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:00 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:30 pm

kniven wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:34 pm
Grand Rapids at Hermaphroditism tonite. What a waste of time for the orange....
Lol. I don't think playing against good team like Hermantown is a waste of time. But if it is...why is CEC playing them on January 30?

Duluth_Topper
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:09 pm
Location: Duluth, MN

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Duluth_Topper » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:16 pm

Because CEC and Hermantown are both in the Lake Superior Conference.

grindiangrad-80
Posts: 2455
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:00 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by grindiangrad-80 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:18 pm

Duluth_Topper wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:16 pm
Because CEC and Hermantown are both in the Lake Superior Conference.
So GR playing against Hermantown is a waste of time?

Stang5280
Posts: 1180
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Stang5280 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:15 pm

grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:18 pm
Duluth_Topper wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:16 pm
Because CEC and Hermantown are both in the Lake Superior Conference.
So GR playing against Hermantown is a waste of time?
I think kniven was trying to say that playing a top Class A team like Hermantown is a no-win situation for 7AA teams. QRF treats Class A teams as “lesser” regardless of how good they are. So a win isn’t particularly helpful in improving QRF, and a loss or tie really hurts.

stopthepuck
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:37 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by stopthepuck » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:14 am

Stang5280 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:15 pm
grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:18 pm
Duluth_Topper wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:16 pm
Because CEC and Hermantown are both in the Lake Superior Conference.
So GR playing against Hermantown is a waste of time?
I think kniven was trying to say that playing a top Class A team like Hermantown is a no-win situation for 7AA teams. QRF treats Class A teams as “lesser” regardless of how good they are. So a win isn’t particularly helpful in improving QRF, and a loss or tie really hurts.
Plus it never hurts to see how your team stacks up against the best assembled team in the state 🤣🤣🤣.

northwoods oldtimer
Posts: 2649
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:57 am

stopthepuck wrote:
Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:14 am
Stang5280 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:15 pm
grindiangrad-80 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:18 pm


So GR playing against Hermantown is a waste of time?
I think kniven was trying to say that playing a top Class A team like Hermantown is a no-win situation for 7AA teams. QRF treats Class A teams as “lesser” regardless of how good they are. So a win isn’t particularly helpful in improving QRF, and a loss or tie really hurts.
Plus it never hurts to see how your team stacks up against the best assembled team in the state 🤣🤣🤣.
QRF has no algorithm for sandbagging, heavily recruited "Single A" teams so schedule at your own risk. #-o

kniven
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:58 pm

Is hermantown the best hockey franchise in the state the last 20 years ? Yep
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Thunderstruck
Posts: 38
Joined: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by Thunderstruck » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:22 pm

Should change name to "Lake Superior Stars High School Team" thread,

kniven
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:08 pm

1. Nearly everyone, pro and con, agree that Hermantown has an excellent hockey program.
2. Almost everyone, pro and con, agrees that Hermantown should be in AA.
3. None of the A/AA controversy is the fault of the players, and they should be congratulated on their success, no matter what level it is at.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

kniven
Posts: 2954
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:40 pm
Location: Duluth area

Re: The Hermantown Thread

Post by kniven » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:50 pm

kniven wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:08 pm
1. Nearly everyone, pro and con, agree that Hermantown has an excellent hockey program.
2. Almost everyone, pro and con, agrees that Hermantown should be in AA.
3. None of the A/AA controversy is the fault of the players, and they should be congratulated on their success, no matter what level it is at.
Why is it so difficult for people to realize that Hermantown does not have a magical potion or secret sauce, it is simply they have a good base program and then add a few of the areas top squirts, pee wees, bantams, and hs players every year. Simply put it is a numbers game. They take there base and bring in a few of the areas other top players every year and poooof there a winner. Hermantown was nothing more than a speed bump prior to the advent of AAA youth hockey. The Lake Superior Stars bring in a selection of local youth players that are above average and by doing so they create bonds with like skilled kids. Those kids and the parents see what happens when they come together and decide hey why not continue the summer success in the winter. I’m shocked more teams in the state don’t opt to play A. You can still play the best AA teams in the state and dominate A in regular and post seasons.
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️

Post Reply