Jackson Blake

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

thefatcat
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by thefatcat » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:49 pm

ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:48 pm
muckandgrinder65 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:37 pm
05 Machine kid playing HS?
must be a stud!
Chaska goalie an 05
The other 05 Machine goalie has started a game for Blake this season

gopherpuck516
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:59 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by gopherpuck516 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:46 pm

thefatcat wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:09 am
With all of this hand wringing in regard to EP recruiting kids / transfers I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on Lakeville South.

You have 3 kids leave Farmington who are currently on the LS Bantam AA and 1 other kid who is a 9th grader who left Farmington for LS varsity. You also have a kid who was probably best player at B'ville transfer to LS and is also playing on LS BAA team.

That's 5 kids who just magically showed up on your doorstep.
While I agree it stinks, there’s nothing against a kid transferring at the beginning of 9th grade. What really sucks is there’s now up to 6 kids who’ve played for LS through bantams who may never play varsity hockey because the coach brought in these 6 new kids.

farmtown55
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by farmtown55 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm

It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.

thefatcat
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by thefatcat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:42 am

farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I honestly don't care how they ended up there. I am simply pointing out to the pitchfork brigade that there are many teams / schools out there like EP when it comes to transfers.

farmtown55
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by farmtown55 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:48 am

thefatcat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:42 am
farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I honestly don't care how they ended up there. I am simply pointing out to the pitchfork brigade that there are many teams / schools out there like EP when it comes to transfers.
I was responding to those that said the coach brought them in because there clearly is a line Between simply transferring and being recruited.

minnscout
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by minnscout » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:23 pm

farmtown55 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:48 am
thefatcat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:42 am
farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I honestly don't care how they ended up there. I am simply pointing out to the pitchfork brigade that there are many teams / schools out there like EP when it comes to transfers.
I was responding to those that said the coach brought them in because there clearly is a line Between simply transferring and being recruited.
Recruited

farmtown55
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by farmtown55 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:35 pm

minnscout wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:23 pm
farmtown55 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:48 am
thefatcat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:42 am


I honestly don't care how they ended up there. I am simply pointing out to the pitchfork brigade that there are many teams / schools out there like EP when it comes to transfers.
I was responding to those that said the coach brought them in because there clearly is a line Between simply transferring and being recruited.
Recruited
Incorrect!

kwjm
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:51 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by kwjm » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:08 pm

farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I wonder why the AV goalie was placed on Bantam C? It is surprising that a Machine player is played on Bantam C for an association that is clearly not a powerhouse. I wonder what the rest of the story is?

thefatcat
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:16 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by thefatcat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:13 pm

kwjm wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:08 pm
farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I wonder why the AV goalie was placed on Bantam C? It is surprising that a Machine player is played on Bantam C for an association that is clearly not a powerhouse. I wonder what the rest of the story is?
Well...he's playing BAA this season for Lakeville South so that tells some of the story. Maybe he missed tryouts and was placed on C? Maybe it was punishment for something? Maybe it was strictly politics?

bardown27
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by bardown27 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:46 pm

thefatcat wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:13 pm
kwjm wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:08 pm
farmtown55 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 pm
It’s clear you don’t know how some of those players ended up at LVS. The 4 Farmingtom players have played with LVS kids in the summer for years and decided on their own to transfer because Farmingtom was such a mess under coach Marsh. As for the Apple valley goalie, well he got put on the bantam C team after tryouts last year so he decided to leave. LVS coach had zero to do with any of them deciding to go there.
I wonder why the AV goalie was placed on Bantam C? It is surprising that a Machine player is played on Bantam C for an association that is clearly not a powerhouse. I wonder what the rest of the story is?
Well...he's playing BAA this season for Lakeville South so that tells some of the story. Maybe he missed tryouts and was placed on C? Maybe it was punishment for something? Maybe it was strictly politics?
Or maybe it was association policy if you move on a non school change year (6th grade or 9th grade) you get placed on lowest team in the association. This is common practice.

minnscout
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by minnscout » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:12 pm

farmtown55 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:35 pm
minnscout wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:23 pm
farmtown55 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:48 am


I was responding to those that said the coach brought them in because there clearly is a line Between simply transferring and being recruited.
Recruited
Incorrect!
Recruited

blueblood
Posts: 2444
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by blueblood » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Enough on Lakeville South. We all know LN or LS will be coming out of Section 1 no matter who plays for those teams.

The question is, will the player this blog topic is named after wait to play for EPHS until Jan 28th or pursue other options?
Play Like a Champion Today

farmtown55
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by farmtown55 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:55 am

minnscout wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:12 pm
farmtown55 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:35 pm
minnscout wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:23 pm


Recruited
Incorrect!
Recruited
Troll much!

edgeless2
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by edgeless2 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 pm

Recruited

farmtown55
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by farmtown55 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm

edgeless2 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 pm
Recruited
I guess if you say it enough you will believe it, even though you are wrong and have no actually info.

massalsa
Posts: 540
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:37 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by massalsa » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:10 pm

thefatcat wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:49 pm
ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:48 pm
muckandgrinder65 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:37 pm
05 Machine kid playing HS?
must be a stud!
Chaska goalie an 05
The other 05 Machine goalie has started a game for Blake this season
Owning the St's so far in his young HS career.

Win #1 was vs St Thomas Academy. Got his 2nd win of the season last night vs St Louis Park.

TBD whether he will get the starts vs St Michael Albertville on the 26th (unlikely), St. Paul Academy (likely), or Benilde-St. Margaret's (unlikely).

edgeless2
Posts: 591
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by edgeless2 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:56 am

farmtown55 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm
edgeless2 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 pm
Recruited
I guess if you say it enough you will believe it, even though you are wrong and have no actually info.
Don’t hate pops....let me tip u off...we all know we been there.

jackstraw
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 12:58 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by jackstraw » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:58 am

Just for clarity, LS leading scorer played for Faribault/Northfield coop bantams last year, great player

farmtown55
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by farmtown55 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:46 pm

edgeless2 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:56 am
farmtown55 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm
edgeless2 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 pm
Recruited
I guess if you say it enough you will believe it, even though you are wrong and have no actually info.
Don’t hate pops....let me tip u off...we all know we been there.
There’s no hate. Just a difference between truth and speculation.

gopherpuck516
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:59 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by gopherpuck516 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:59 pm

farmtown55 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:46 pm
edgeless2 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:56 am
farmtown55 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm


I guess if you say it enough you will believe it, even though you are wrong and have no actually info.
Don’t hate pops....let me tip u off...we all know we been there.
There’s no hate. Just a difference between truth and speculation.
The current world of youth hockey players playing fall, spring, summer, and AAA hockey with kids from outside their association can lead to some kids wanting to play HS hockey with kids all together at one school. What I will say is the LS kids all transferred at the beginning of 9th grade so they’re within the rules. Why they transferred really doesn’t matter.

Back to the topic though, I’m hopeful the kid that this thread was about plays with the EP teammates he grew up playing with come late December and hope he does well, as it’d be another case of someone playing within the rules and succeeding.

TwinCitiesImport
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:45 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by TwinCitiesImport » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:22 pm

farmtown55 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:55 pm
edgeless2 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:44 pm
Recruited
I guess if you say it enough you will believe it, even though you are wrong and have no actually info.
It's called the Mandela Effect
GRHS

Dog
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:47 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by Dog » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:51 pm

Looking at this from a distant view, I do have sympathy for a kid who plays at an association all the way up in youth but was convinced to go to "greener pastures" for a year or part of a year but decides to come back.

Looking at it honestly, the probable reason this thread has hit 5 pages is because of the kids talent. I know part of his decision could be because of EP's prowess this year but at least the kid came back to the same program.

I hope the MSHSL goes back to a "play where you live" model. Opening it up to the open enrollment model is pushing MN HS hockey to something resembling club hockey instead of the MN model most have championed over the years.

O-townClown
Posts: 3998
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Location: Typical homeboy from the O-Town

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by O-townClown » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:05 pm

Dog wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:51 pm
I hope the MSHSL goes back to a "play where you live" model.
So if a kid open enrolls to another HS they can't play Varsity sports?

Minnesota was at the forefront of open enrollment so I don't see that even being legal.
Be kind. Rewind.

Dog
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:47 am

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by Dog » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:37 pm

O-townClown wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:05 pm
Dog wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:51 pm
I hope the MSHSL goes back to a "play where you live" model.
So if a kid open enrolls to another HS they can't play Varsity sports?

Minnesota was at the forefront of open enrollment so I don't see that even being legal.
Nope, just still "play where you live". If you want to open-enroll at George Bailey Academy for the academic opportunities, then so be it. Just play your Varsity sports where you live still. If you live there, why would that be an inconvenience? If the state did this, open enrollment for "academic opportunities" would dry up like the Aral Sea (and we'd get back to the MN model instead of the club hockey-like teams we're seeing).

Section 8 guy
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by Section 8 guy » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:36 pm

I‘ve never really thought that much about it before........but I’m with Dog on this one. Open enrollment is about Academics not athletics. We’re going farther over the line as we go here. It may be time to revisit what we were originally trying to accomplish and what the unintended consequences have been.

Post Reply