The Horn

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

WestMetro

The Horn

Post by WestMetro »

There was a recent question on one of the threads about The Horn . Here is the post from ZH a while back . Listened a little on Saturday. They made streaming work before anyone else!
Well done!

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehornwbl/s ... 9398963200
kniven

Re: The Horn

Post by kniven »

WestMetro wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:55 pm There was a recent question on one of the threads about The Horn . Here is the post from ZH a while back . Listened a little on Saturday. They made streaming work before anyone else!
Well done!

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehornwbl/s ... 9398963200
Yes they did. I remember going there with the boys back in 2014-2015 and the Horn was rolling with streaming. 👍 #aheadofthecurve
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

Thanks for the kind words guys, it's been a fun run. Fun fact kniven, as of now the final broadcast of The Horn will be up in your barn on February 8th.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

I typed out a message yesterday and the board went down when I hit submit. Let me try again...

I remember when the horn first came out and as an HM fan I was jealous and hopeful that this was a trend and soon all the schools would be doing this. Which hasn't happened. But Zach and Chad still were trend setters and have done an awesome job over the years. Just because it wasn't my team to cheer for didn't mean I haven't watched numerous games to see how the rival is doing. Thank you for the years and pushing the world forward just a little bit on streaming. I've moved to California and yet was able to watch the entire tournament streaming last year (even the consolation bracket games!) on my big tv. Its an amazing thing.
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Wblhcky2424 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:47 pm Thanks for the kind words guys, it's been a fun run. Fun fact kniven, as of now the final broadcast of The Horn will be up in your barn on February 8th.
Could not think of anything finer than for you young gentlemen to hand this off to a couple of upcoming class of 2021 Seniors at White Bear Lake. Shame to not see your fine efforts continue the WBL broadcast tradition. Always down for a couple games a year of your fine broadcasts as you guys do a wonderful job covering a darn nice hockey program.
Wblhcky2424

Post by Wblhcky2424 »

There's nothing more we would want than to pass it on, we've been trying since we graduated in 13 and unfortunately haven't been able to find anyone interested in taking it over full time.
hockeychopper

Post by hockeychopper »

Doesn't the HS have any type of media/AV department? (for lack of a better term) This would be a great springboard and opportunity for the school to get kids involved in something like this. The kids would work the games and gain valuable experience. Zach is a great example of finding something you love to do, learn and gain some experience so if and when the opportunity is there, you have valuable skills that can help open those doors. In the working world, it's hard to get a foot in the door without experience. Here's that opportunity. TheHorn has been a staple in my household and it's sad to see it coming to an end. Good luck Zach and keep doing great things!
BP

Post by BP »

Zach - great job as always last night - fun to listen to. It was nice that it is connected to You Tube as well so you can easily watch on the big screen at home.

Continued success Zach on the FAN and as you continue to chase your dreams. Don't stop until you get to the top - you are very good at what you do.
kniven

Post by kniven »

Wblhcky2424 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:47 pm Thanks for the kind words guys, it's been a fun run. Fun fact kniven, as of now the final broadcast of The Horn will be up in your barn on February 8th.
I look forward to seeing you boys in Cloquet. 👍
“218 hockey” Boys of the NOrth ❤️
ZachHalverson

Post by ZachHalverson »

Holy cow, really cool to see The Horn got it's own thread on the Forum!

First off, thanks to WestMetro, Kniven, Sparlimb, northwoods oldtimer, hockeychopper, and BP for the nice comments. As Chad (Wblhcky2424) said, we have been trying to pass the torch for years and I even went through some steps to make it a club or even a class at the school. Unfortunately, we just haven't been able to find anyone to pass the torch to. Learning how to stream, acquiring the equipment to do so, showing up 2-3 hours before a game to set up and leaving an empty arena after packing all the gear up is a commitment that few, outside of Chad, Pete Waggoner, and some other crazy people around the state are crazy (or stupid) enough to do.

Who knows what the future will hold, though. There's still plenty of time for someone to step up, so we'll just have to see. Fingers crossed!
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Well, at least hoping you can broadcast the Bears vs HM every year for years to come ! Wouldn’t be the same at Aldrich without seeing you guys working the game in your happy place

Btw , have you nailed down your Fan HS radio broadcast schedule yet for this season? Now that you’ve added some new real class to the team

And meanwhile , are we all on the list to get your and Alexis Christmas card? Be sure to post it to Forum

Remember us little people now that you are famous !
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Well done Zach!

https://kfan.iheart.com/featured/the-ha ... tmas-card/

Two questions:

1. Will she be a regular on your HS broadcasts in 2020?

2. When will she start posting on the Forum?