Jackson Blake

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ThatMNHockeyGuy62

Re: Jackson Blake

Post by ThatMNHockeyGuy62 »

WestMetro wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:07 pm Good prediction MinnScout . Btw - I hear you are already working on next seasons incoming BSm transfers and KP will have the paperwork ready right after the State Bantam Trny? Any names you can share ?
Wow, was this post meant to be ironic? All of the EP stuff this summer/fall has been sickening, but this post exemplifies how bad some private’s have gotten as well, and on a thread about EP! Quite the double standard on this forum’s member’s outrage.
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

O-townClown wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:03 pm
blueblood wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:21 am Why the bleeding heart O-town? The 1 year rule is known by all parties, including EPHS
I have no idea what the rules are. They're always confusing. Tim Tebow didn't go to high school, but was an insane HS football star. Sometimes things don't make sense.

I was told (obviously a very short version) that kids had to sit out a year if they were transferring from one school to another for Varsity sports. He wasn't playing Varsity sports anywhere else.

Minnesotans want to believe that high school Varsity hockey is superior to everything else, but seem to be miffed when a kid chooses it over one of the many other options. He played a couple months on Shattuck's 15O team. Sounds like MSHSL prefers if he hadn't.
The rule is they must sit out for one year from varsity sports if they transfer after the start of 9th grade. Transfer rule does not have to be related to playing varsity before transfer takes place. Rules are the rule, besides some obvious loopholes discussed frequently on other threads (moving, bullying, IEP/legally binding academic reasons, financial hardship to name a few common ones).
muckandgrinder65

Post by muckandgrinder65 »

On PC Tourney Boys podcast with Mack M. On for a while as a guest, he specifically stated that the MSHSL declared him ineligible when he transferred back to SCC. He said they appealed and the outcome was favorable (stated this in a manner in which if the appeal was not successful he would have lived with it.. IMO his back up plan was probably the NAHL Blizzard) He did not mention any details regarding the basis of appeal.
One would assume that JB is appealing now, but it is interesting that this wouldn’t have been addressed, appealed and finalized some time ago.
Is there naivety taking place? indifference?
Sophomore bonus, but not a critical component?
This whole situation and timing seems odd.
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

62, how could MSHSL ever refute a financial hardship when moving from a private school to public? Seems like a bottomless can of worms.

Eagles fine with or without him, but he is fun to watch play. I’ll probably catch one of their games soon.
Be kind. Rewind.
Jeffy95

Post by Jeffy95 »

O-townClown wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:32 am 62, how could MSHSL ever refute a financial hardship when moving from a private school to public? Seems like a bottomless can of worms.

Eagles fine with or without him, but he is fun to watch play. I’ll probably catch one of their games soon.
I’m not sure if we’re being sarcastic or not, but Dad has over $25 Millions in Career earnings.
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

O-townClown wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:32 am 62, how could MSHSL ever refute a financial hardship when moving from a private school to public? Seems like a bottomless can of worms.
They require the last three years of tax returns and other evidence as documentation of a significant change in income. Of course, “significant” leaves a lot of room for interpretation, so yes, this loophole and the bullying ones tend to be used more than I think the creators of the rule intended.
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

While we're on this transfer topic....

Can someone explain how Ellings was able to transfer from Providence to BSM as a junior? Did parents move out of district they were living in?
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 amThey require the last three years of tax returns and other evidence as documentation of a significant change in income. Of course, “significant” leaves a lot of room for interpretation,
My point exactly. My primary home didn't appreciate like I thought it would. I decided to contribute more to my own retirement and question the need to spend so much on HS education. There was a fire at my cabin. One of my investments lost money. A sibling's own activity requires a tremendous financial contribution and there's only so much money to go around. I think the potential arguments for "hardship" and "significant" are limitless, which leaves a bureaucrat in the position of deciding.
Be kind. Rewind.
FlinFlonBomber

Post by FlinFlonBomber »

Great Question "Fat Cat" on the Ellings kid.

To my understanding the twin sister is still at Providence, and the family lives in Bloomington.

How is the Busby kid eligible at Eden Prairie after playing in Colorado last year? Not sure on Ellings but Busby has been all over the place chasing something.

The MSHL needs to get a handle on all this BS!
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

O-townClown wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:31 am
ThatMNHockeyGuy62 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:54 amThey require the last three years of tax returns and other evidence as documentation of a significant change in income. Of course, “significant” leaves a lot of room for interpretation,
My point exactly. My primary home didn't appreciate like I thought it would. I decided to contribute more to my own retirement and question the need to spend so much on HS education. There was a fire at my cabin. One of my investments lost money. A sibling's own activity requires a tremendous financial contribution and there's only so much money to go around. I think the potential arguments for "hardship" and "significant" are limitless, which leaves a bureaucrat in the position of deciding.
100% agree.
thefatcat

Post by thefatcat »

FlinFlonBomber wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:09 am Great Question "Fat Cat" on the Ellings kid.

To my understanding the twin sister is still at Providence, and the family lives in Bloomington.

How is the Busby kid eligible at Eden Prairie after playing in Colorado last year? Not sure on Ellings but Busby has been all over the place chasing something.

No one? Nothing? Surely all of the great hockey minds in this forum must know how a kid transfers from one private to another? It's really fishy that his sibling is still there.

They can't claim financial hardship as the tuition at Providence has dropped significantly in the last couple of years :D
ThatMNHockeyGuy62

thefatcat wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:54 am
FlinFlonBomber wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:09 am Great Question "Fat Cat" on the Ellings kid.

No one? Nothing? Surely all of the great hockey minds in this forum must know how a kid transfers from one private to another? It's really fishy that his sibling is still there.

They can't claim financial hardship as the tuition at Providence has dropped significantly in the last couple of years :D
I’m sure Minnscout knows
gitter

Post by gitter »

thefatcat wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:54 am

It's not hard to figure out. Do you know someone? It's fixed. Do you not know someone? You are SOL.

Is it fair? Of course not. It's all part of life. Schools, judges, politicians, executives. You think we all play by the same rules? Not a chance.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

O-townClown wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:31 am
All of which would need to be proven if the process is real.
hockey59 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:09 pm
MWS coach wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:43 pm
hockey59 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:58 pm

I AGREE 100%☝️
Do either of you actually know his eligibility status, or if there is actually any question if he is eligible or not? Do either of you know if his parents live in the same house?

Clearly not......

If he were my kid, my lawyers would be knocking on your door, Just saying.
What difference does it make? The point is the MSHSL make exceptions for the sons of D1 coaches (at will, not requiring them to move like everybody else). So why is JB status such a big deal to you (unless he will be taking ice time away from your son) playing varsity at EP? :?: #-o
What exception was granted to Motzko that was denied to Blake? The Motzko kid is not commuting from Minnetonka so clearly he moved. I don't like it but it seems on the up and up.

If anything is shady it's the Blake family claiming a hardship if that is what was required for him to be eligible.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

thefatcat wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:39 am While we're on this transfer topic....

Can someone explain how Ellings was able to transfer from Providence to BSM as a junior? Did parents move out of district they were living in?
Yes
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

minnscout wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:06 am
thefatcat wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:39 am While we're on this transfer topic....

Yes
Jeez...ya mean some folks actually follow the transfer rules to the letter 😳 Guess ya don’t have to if ya have enough influence with MSHSL (like tBob).
ryguyMN

Post by ryguyMN »

Jackson Blake has been ruled ineligible for varsity play until January 28 per David La Vaque.
Ryan
I like my games and takes juicy
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Here is our story with comments from Lee Smith, Jason Blake and the Chicago Steel.

http://bit.ly/2rmLFoX
SCBlueLiner

Post by SCBlueLiner »

USHL draft pick, committed to UND, NHL father. Sorry if I don't shed a tear for this kid if he has to sit out a few games until January rolls around. I'm sure things will work out just fine for him in the long run.
InThePipes

Post by InThePipes »

YouthHockeyHub wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:03 am Here is our story with comments from Lee Smith, Jason Blake and the Chicago Steel.

http://bit.ly/2rmLFoX
Seems like this should have been sorted out before the end of November
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

I’ve never seen this kid play, but feel bad for the kid. He’s been playing hockey for EP his entire life, except for one semester at Shattuck. Clearly, he did not like it or fit there & accordingly returned to play Bantam AA at EP. Contrast that with the MM situation. He’s initially ruled ineligible, then gets approved to play (on appeal). What a shock? his Dad is HC of the 4th best D1 team in MN, and he’s reinstated on appeal. LMAO 😂. Now I know MM is likely 18 years old and is evidently living with another family in SC, but that’s just for travel convenience. It’s circumventing the rules others are forced to follow. And anybody who thinks the appeal was approved due to a “hardship case” needs to have their fricken head examined by a psychiatrist...he got to play on the top two lines of the defending State AA Champs who were a prohibitive favorite to repeat at the time he moved with his family to Tonka. And if Bobby Brink would have decided to return from the USHL,Tonka most likely repeats as AA Champs. And he got to play in Hockey Day MN. That’s NOT a “hardship case” under any circumstances. Now Tonka is back to being average, graduates their best players, and he now decides he wants to play with his private school buddies at SCC. These 2 separate examples...put the spotlight on that’s truly wrong with the MSHSL. What’s that old expression: oh ya, it’s not what you know but who you (something the wind does) [-X
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

hockey59 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:20 am I’ve never seen this kid play, but feel bad for the kid. He’s been playing hockey for EP his entire life, except for one semester at Shattuck. Clearly, he did not like it or fit there & accordingly returned to play Bantam AA at EP. Contrast that with the MM situation. He’s initially ruled ineligible, then gets approved to play (on appeal). What a shock? his Dad is HC of the 4th best D1 team in MN, and he’s reinstated on appeal. LMAO 😂. Now I know MM is likely 18 years old and is evidently living with another family in SC, but that’s just for travel convenience. It’s circumventing the rules others are forced to follow. And anybody who thinks the appeal was approved due to a “hardship case” needs to have their fricken head examined by a psychiatrist...he got to play on the top two lines of the defending State AA Champs who were a prohibitive favorite to repeat at the time he moved with his family to Tonka. And if Bobby Brink would have decided to return from the USHL,Tonka most likely repeats as AA Champs. And he got to play in Hockey Day MN. That’s NOT a “hardship case” under any circumstances. Now Tonka is back to being average, graduates their best players, and he now decides he wants to play with his private school buddies at SCC. These 2 separate examples...put the spotlight on that’s truly wrong with the MSHSL. What’s that old expression: oh ya, it’s not what you know but who you (something the wind does) [-X
Blow?
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

It won't kill him to play JV for a few weeks. He's still playing with friends and supporting his community team by doing so. (Sucks for the teams he's playing though!) Suck it up and don't be a primadonna kid.
GoldenBear

Post by GoldenBear »

Playing JV? I think he's practicing Varsity four days a week and I'm sure practicing pp and pk with varsity during that time as well. He's not practicing JV. He's missing nothing for the next month and a half. GB
Sponge Puck

Post by Sponge Puck »

Unbelievable! What is wrong with YHH for bringing this much attention to a 16 year old kid's ineligibility. Always drama in EP!! And then you have the Old Man saying "We are looking at options." And then you have the GM of the Chicago Steel putting his two cents in. Mr. Chicago Steel GM is Jackson Blake ready to play at your level at 5'2 and a buck 20? Seriously what a crock of BS! So then January 29th he comes back to the EP varsity because obviously he is too good for the EPJV team. EP is like a soap opera!!!