Elk River seeding

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HappyHockeyFan

Elk River seeding

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

I think Cloquet and Duluth Marshall got a bad deal, I have them both ranked much higher than Elk River yet ER gets seeded over them?? I don't even have ER in my top 20. Any thoughts?
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
MWS coach

Post by MWS coach »

KARMA? Tough to collaborate with a computer!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Then put Elk River in your top 20, problem solved.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

I usually don't look at your rankings because Karl is the source on this site for rankings but what formula doesn't have ER in the top 20?.
GopherHockey

Re: Elk River seeding

Post by GopherHockey »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:I think Cloquet and Duluth Marshall got a bad deal, I have them both ranked much higher than Elk River yet ER gets seeded over them?? I don't even have ER in my top 20. Any thoughts?
Call the committee and let them know :lol:
Traxler

Re: Elk River seeding

Post by Traxler »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:I think Cloquet and Duluth Marshall got a bad deal, I have them both ranked much higher than Elk River yet ER gets seeded over them?? I don't even have ER in my top 20. Any thoughts?
My thoughts are that while the QRF has its flaws, I am glad 7AA is not using your rankings to seed.
Schotzy

Post by Schotzy »

Yeah, while your rankings have their entertainment value, I think that is all they are good for, entertainment. Not a lot of accuracy when you eliminate certain stats. I think the QRF got it pretty close to spot on. A few misses here and there, but nothing drastic.
kniven

Post by kniven »

alcloseshaver wrote:I usually don't look at your rankings because Karl is the source on this site for rankings but what formula doesn't have ER in the top 20?.
Agreed
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Well you can say what you want about my rankings but Elk River has earned considerable less points than Cloquet and Duluth Marshall:

Cloquet-Esko - 215.5
Duluth Marshall - 175.5
Elk River - 131

Section wins:

Cloquet-Esko - Duluth East, Duluth Marshall, Grand Rapids and another tie with Duluth East.

Duluth Marshall - Forest Lake, Grand Rapids, tie with Duluth East

Elk River - Andover, Grand Rapids

If you want to argue ER over Duluth Marshall, maybe, but over Cloquet?? No way. I wont be a bit surprised if ER loses to Forest Lake, but hey, you wanna love on ER and the "Other" rankings, go for it. All I can say about ER is ... "Over Rated" said like the tournament chant. :lol:
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:Well you can say what you want about my rankings but Elk River has earned considerable less points than Cloquet and Duluth Marshall:

Cloquet-Esko - 215.5
Duluth Marshall - 175.5
Elk River - 131

Section wins:

Cloquet-Esko - Duluth East, Duluth Marshall, Grand Rapids and another tie with Duluth East.

If you want to argue ER over Duluth Marshall, maybe, but over Cloquet?? No way. I wont be a bit surprised if ER loses to Forest Lake, but hey, you wanna love on ER and the "Other" rankings, go for it. All I can say about ER is ... "Over Rated" said like the tournament chant. :lol:
You are demonstrating how poorly your ranking formula represents what teams have accomplished.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Traxler wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:Well you can say what you want about my rankings but Elk River has earned considerable less points than Cloquet and Duluth Marshall:

Cloquet-Esko - 215.5
Duluth Marshall - 175.5
Elk River - 131

Section wins:

You are demonstrating how poorly your ranking formula represents what teams have accomplished.
But yet 90% of my ranking closely matches the other rankings, you make no sense, please tell what ER has done to deserve a top twenty ranking or a #3 seed. Your quick to criticize but you give me nothing to prove your point.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
Traxler wrote:

Cloquet-Esko - 215.5
Duluth Marshall - 175.5
Elk River - 131

Section wins:

But yet 90% of my ranking closely matches the other rankings, you make no sense, please tell what ER has done to deserve a top twenty ranking or a #3 seed. Your quick to criticize but you give me nothing to prove your point.
I guess your rankings are about 90% correct.

You asked for thoughts and I gave you my thoughts. If you can’t handle that, why do you ask?
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Traxler wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:
Traxler wrote: You are demonstrating how poorly your ranking formula represents what teams have accomplished.

You asked for thoughts and I gave you my thoughts. If you can’t handle that, why do you ask?
I would appreciate your thoughts if you would include a valid argument as to why you think I am wrong or whatever instead of doing a drive by. But hey, if that's all ya got then whatever.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
Traxler wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:But yet 90% of my ranking closely matches the other rankings, you make no sense, please tell what ER has done to deserve a top twenty ranking or a #3 seed. Your quick to criticize but you give me nothing to prove your point.

I would appreciate your thoughts if you would include a valid argument as to why you think I am wrong or whatever instead of doing a drive by. But hey, if that's all ya got then whatever.
You don’t think they beat Eden Prairie or Hill-Murray. The rest of us recognize OT wins.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

Traxler wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:
Traxler wrote: I guess your rankings are about 90% correct.

You don’t think they beat Eden Prairie or Hill-Murray. The rest of us recognize OT wins.
Ok, give them the EP win, that still only makes them 2-6 against ranked teams, and Hill isn't ranked. I think coming into the season it was thought that ER was going to be a top team, it hasn't panned out that way but some people don't seem to want to let that idea go. But the proof is in the pudding, results, they are a good team but not a top team.
Traxler

Post by Traxler »

People didn’t give ER the 3 seed. A computer ranking system did.
green4

Post by green4 »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
Traxler wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:I would appreciate your thoughts if you would include a valid argument as to why you think I am wrong or whatever instead of doing a drive by. But hey, if that's all ya got then whatever.
Ok, give them the EP win, that still only makes them 2-6 against ranked teams, and Hill isn't ranked. I think coming into the season it was thought that ER was going to be a top team, it hasn't panned out that way but some people don't seem to want to let that idea go. But the proof is in the pudding, results, they are a good team but not a top team.
Hill-Murray is ranked 20th in the rankings this week :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a more serious note, you should give more context to your numbers. Just tossing out random numbers gives no context if I don't know the value of the number. Maybe list out the numbers for all the teams in section 7AA so I can understand it better
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Since you know so much more than everyone else you'll no doubt clean up in the Pick 6 and state tourney pick 'em.
Be kind. Rewind.
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

green4 wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:
Traxler wrote: You don’t think they beat Eden Prairie or Hill-Murray. The rest of us recognize OT wins.
Hill-Murray is ranked 20th in the rankings this week :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In a more serious note, you should give more context to your numbers. Just tossing out random numbers gives no context if I don't know the value of the number. Maybe list out the numbers for all the teams in section 7AA so I can understand it better
Well, I use LPH and their rankings don't come out until Tuesday, so... :lol: And here are your requested numbers for all of section 7 as my formula has it:

Duluth East - 323.5
Andover - 221
Cloquet-Esko - 215.5
Duluth Marshall - 175.5
Elk River - 131
Forest Lake - 130
St Francis - 67.5
Grand Rapids - 63
Cambridge-Isanti - 12
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

O-townClown wrote:
Since you know so much more than everyone else you'll no doubt clean up in the Pick 6 and state tourney pick 'em.
That's why I don't play, give everybody else a chance! :lol: :lol: :lol:
CB00

Post by CB00 »

Quote from Happy
If you want to argue ER over Duluth Marshall, maybe, but over Cloquet?? No way. I wont be a bit surprised if ER loses to Forest Lake, but hey, you wanna love on ER and the "Other" rankings, go for it. All I can say about ER is ... "Over Rated"

Might want to take another math class and adjust your system.