Section 3A 2016-2017

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

formersection3Afan

Post by formersection3Afan »

better late wrote:Luverne 16-0 over Worthington. SOG 73-8. 12 different goal scorers for Luverne. No one had more than 2. New Ulm. Thursday.

Here they come
silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

formersection3Afan wrote:
better late wrote:Luverne 16-0 over Worthington. SOG 73-8. 12 different goal scorers for Luverne. No one had more than 2. New Ulm. Thursday.

Here they come, ready to lose section game
Fixed it for you
Kinda_Normal_Tendy

Post by Kinda_Normal_Tendy »

hawkenjonny wrote:Really don't see any of these teams beating Luverne in the playoffs. Luverne may beat themselves (again) or they will be back at the X. Outsider opinion would be that this section is way down this year. Whoever goes is likely to get smoked hard start to finish. Hope I am wrong. I hate watching those games at the tourney.
I really don't understand why the majority of people on here seem to think that Luverne has been head and shoulders better than the rest of the section the past couple years and choked. Is it simply because the Luverne faithful were on here telling everyone how good they were everyday? Yes they did have very good teams the past two seasons, but in my opinion they have been beaten by teams that were just as good or better. The only year that they were definitely the best team in the section and didn't go to the state tournament was 2013 when they lost in the semi's to the Marshall team who ended up going. I will not be surprised if they return to the tournament this year, but I also don't think it can really be considered "choking" if they don't because they aren't head and shoulders better than the rest this year.

I also agree that the section is down this year, and think most people down here realize that. The winner of the section this year will need a heroic effort out of their goaltender at the X to even keep it close, but there not being one or two teams much better than the rest this year should lead to a very exciting section tournament.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

Luverne and New Ulm are tied at 1 in the 3rd period.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

Sounds like an interesting game in New Ulm tonight. Just listened on the radio but Luverne took a 5 min major and a 2 min minor penalty with less than 5 minutes left in the game. NU scores to take a 2-1 lead on a 5 on 3 power play. Luverne comes back and scores a shorty to tie it at 2. Game goes into OT and Luverne pulls it out. Goldy, were you at the game?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

BP

Post by BP »

notTONIGHT is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

BP wrote:notTONIGHT is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Correction....Tony Baloney is back.
GoldyGopher

Post by GoldyGopher »

CherryPicker99 wrote:Sounds like an interesting game in New Ulm tonight. Just listened on the radio but Luverne took a 5 min major and a 2 min minor penalty with less than 5 minutes left in the game. NU scores to take a 2-1 lead on a 5 on 3 power play. Luverne comes back and scores a shorty to tie it at 2. Game goes into OT and Luverne pulls it out. Goldy, were you at the game?
Was not. I am up north fishing.
Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

Luverne beats New Ulm 3-2 in OT.

Marshall Beats Litch 1-0.

If Marshall beats Luverne on Feb. 9th do they get the 1 seed in 3A?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Corn Cobb wrote:
Bologna*
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Alright everyone, gather around, take a knee....

Not you Goldenjet not sure you can get back up.

Keep up Corn Cobb I know I'm talking fast for ya.

Things have boiled down in this section as expected. Litch lost too much to be the favorite to defend their title, as proven by being shut out by Marshall last night. Luverne will be the 1 seed for the tournament. Finishing chances, penalties, and a goalie that can play on a Wednesday will dictate Luverne's chances to play again in March.

This Luverne squad might be learning how to spread the puck around which will be important. This team has really overcome quite a bit. With the addition of two kids who left early this team would really be special. If you really want to wax nostalgic, a couple kids currently on this team are older than #8 is. Add those three to this squad and, well, make your own presumptions.

Back to the here and now, should be a good tournament, upsets abundant. If Luverne avoids New Ulm, might be smooth sailing to the x.

P.S. 7 pages in the 3a thread in February? C'mon fellas.
fastncrash

Post by fastncrash »

notTONIGHT wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:
Bologna*
:lol:
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

CherryPicker99 wrote:Sounds like an interesting game in New Ulm tonight. Just listened on the radio but Luverne took a 5 min major and a 2 min minor penalty with less than 5 minutes left in the game. NU scores to take a 2-1 lead on a 5 on 3 power play. Luverne comes back and scores a shorty to tie it at 2. Game goes into OT and Luverne pulls it out. Goldy, were you at the game?
Which poor team will have to play a quarterfinal game in New Ulm. Will the refs only have whistles, or will they be given sticks to help out with a rebound or two?
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

InigoMontoya wrote:
Which poor team will have to play a quarterfinal game in New Ulm. Will the refs only have whistles, or will they be given sticks to help out with a rebound or two?
Inigo were you in New ulm? Who was in control of the stripes last night?
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

InigoMontoya wrote:
You must have been listening to the radio as well. Were you at the game? Can you comment on the officiating if you were there?
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

Welcome back Whiner and notTonight! The 3A thread just isn't the same without you.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

notTONIGHT wrote:...........a couple kids currently on this team are older than #8 is.

#8? I don't see any kid on the current Luverne roster with #8. Who is #8?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Corn Cobb wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:...........a couple kids currently on this team are older than #8 is.

Like I said kid keep up.
InigoMontoya

Post by InigoMontoya »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:
You must have been listening to the radio as well. Were you at the game? Can you comment on the officiating if you were there?
No, just reading the posts on here.
LDC gets a major, doesn't kill it off - loses.
Redwood gets a major, kills it off, scores - wins.
Luverne gets a major, kills it off - wins.

Haven't seen many major penalties called this year. It seems odd that many would be called in New Ulm, late, in tight games, in the Eagles' favor.
CherryPicker99

Post by CherryPicker99 »

InigoMontoya wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote: Which poor team will have to play a quarterfinal game in New Ulm. Will the refs only have whistles, or will they be given sticks to help out with a rebound or two?

Haven't seen many major penalties called this year. It seems odd that many would be called in New Ulm, late, in tight games, in the Eagles' favor.
Interesting. Never paid attention to that.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

CherryPicker99 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote: You must have been listening to the radio as well. Were you at the game? Can you comment on the officiating if you were there?

To be fair, Luverne didn't kill the major. New Ulm scored and Luverne had to score a shorty to tie it back up.
Corn Cobb

Post by Corn Cobb »

notTONIGHT wrote:
Corn Cobb wrote:

Like I said kid keep up.
Smokin' reefer ain't no way to go through life. Just ask lil' bro. :lol:
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
CherryPicker99 wrote:
InigoMontoya wrote:

To be fair, Luverne didn't kill the major. New Ulm scored and Luverne had to score a shorty to tie it back up.
notTONIGHT how'd you decide that last night was the night for your return?

Did you just get sick of being the former3afan?

THE HEAT IS ON!!!
Thegoldenjet

Post by Thegoldenjet »

notTONIGHT wrote:Alright everyone, gather around, take a knee....

Not you Goldenjet not sure you can get back up.
Gotta say, I didn't think I'd miss ya till I missed ya.

Yin and yang.

Regarding Inigo's detective work, as it came to me in real Internet time, I pictured one of about 3 officials I can imagine explaining how in their discretion 'there was intent' or 'it was to the head' or any other such 'I'm important and can ruin a game at the end if I want' nonsense, and when I heard the outcome I felt so validated in my belief in Ma Karma that, if it hadn't been Luverne's success regarding conference points, I would have felt down right smug about it.