Duluth East at Elk River - Top Seed Championship, Feb 4 3:00

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

TheHockeyDJ

Duluth East at Elk River - Top Seed Championship, Feb 4 3:00

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

East at the Elks on Saturday. I got East 4-2 with an EN. As Karl stated in his rankings, this game should set the top portion of the 7AA seeds. This game is Saturday at 3:00. Anyone know of any video streaming?
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

They probably will tie.
kniven

Re: Duluth East at Elk River - Top Seed Championship, Feb 4

Post by kniven »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:East at the Elks on Saturday. I got East 4-2 with an EN. As Karl stated in his rankings, this game should set the top portion of the 7AA seeds. This game is Saturday at 3:00. Anyone know of any video streaming?
So the team that wins this game is the top seed in 7AA. Or in the drivers seat anyway. Should be interesting....
Duluthguy

Post by Duluthguy »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:East at the Elks on Saturday. I got East 4-2 with an EN. As Karl stated in his rankings, this game should set the top portion of the 7AA seeds. This game is Saturday at 3:00. Anyone know of any video streaming?
The Elk River and Duluth East schedules on the MSHSL website both list the gametime as 5PM. 3PM must be JV...

But....you may need to be there closer to 3 than to 5 to get a good seat!
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

Duluthguy wrote:
The Elk River and Duluth East schedules on the MSHSL website both list the gametime as 5PM. 3PM must be JV...

The game has been switched to 3pm with JV at 1pm
Duluthguy

Post by Duluthguy »

Usthockey13 wrote:
Duluthguy wrote:

The game has been switched to 3pm with JV at 1pm
Excellent. I'm glad to be wrong!
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Moved the game time up to allow Randolph to get back to Duluth for the Omaha at UMD tilt.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

ER by 3.
Houndhockey

Post by Houndhockey »

elliott70 wrote:ER by 3.
I like it when Elliot weighs in against DE. He usually gets it wrong!
East High Rah Rah Rah....
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Houndhockey wrote:
elliott70 wrote:ER by 3.
I like it when Elliot weighs in against DE. He usually gets it wrong!
Its a Lee thing - reverse jinx.

But now it is spoiled, so

DEAST by 2.

The double reverse jinx....

Oops, did I spoil it again.
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

East wins, 7-0.

Shot count: DE- 42 ER- 23
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Slammer wrote:East wins, 7-0.

Could this easily happen?
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

alcloseshaver wrote:
Slammer wrote:East wins, 7-0.

Could this easily happen?
If a flu epidemic breaks out....
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

I expect the Elks to trample all over the hounds. Just sayin'
What is a Green Wave anyway?
Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 »

Looks like Youth Hockey Hub will be live streaming the game on Sat
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

Yes...fingers crossed that our own internet signal that has worked at IRA, Greenway and Hibbing - will work at Elk.

We have the equipment, crew and announcer...will know 100% tomorrow after a site visit. Watch our Twitter feed for final green light.
kniven

Post by kniven »

alcloseshaver wrote:They probably will tie.
I think Elk River will take the Hounds in this one. Should be a packed house for this one. Coach Randolph will have Duluth East well prepared though.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

kniven wrote:
I think Elk River will take the Hounds in this one. Should be a packed house for this one. Coach Randolph will have Duluth East well prepared though.
Heard he has been focusing on Superior most of the week. Just saying.
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Ok, let's play. Karl can you give us the all time time series stuff when you get a chance?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

alcloseshaver wrote:Ok, let's play. Karl can you give us the all time time series stuff when you get a chance?
East leads the all-time series 17-15-1, though they are 8-1-1 in the last ten and 8-1 in sections (7 of those in the last 8 years). As noted last year, it's been a very streaky rivalry, with the Elks winning the early 90s games, East taking over in the mid-90s, the Elks going on a long run of success from 99 to the mid-00s, and East owning ever since.

The top lines should match up well; the Elks have the more prolific 2nd line, but East's 3rd line is more productive than ER's. ER has those two senior D-I defensemen, but East is deeper on the blue line, rolling 6 D comfortably. So, I'd guess this came will come down to:

1. Goaltending
2. Coaching (biggest test to date for the new ER staff)
3. The mental game...ER can't have the wheels fall off like they did at Amsoil last year.

Looking forward to the road trip down. :)
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

Goaltending note, Duncan Weist has played in 4 of the last 5 for ER. Meyers had the Hill game.
hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

karl(east) wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:Ok, let's play. Karl can you give us the all time time series stuff when you get a chance?
East leads the all-time series 17-15-1, though they are 8-1-1 in the last ten and 8-1 in sections (7 of those in the last 8 years). As noted last year, it's been a very streaky rivalry, with the Elks winning the early 90s games, East taking over in the mid-90s, the Elks going on a long run of success from 99 to the mid-00s, and East owning ever since.

The top lines should match up well; the Elks have the more prolific 2nd line, but East's 3rd line is more productive than ER's. ER has those two senior D-I defensemen, but East is deeper on the blue line, rolling 6 D comfortably. So, I'd guess this came will come down to:

1. Goaltending
3. The mental game...ER can't have the wheels fall off like they did at Amsoil last year.

I think winning this game is crucial for ER, more so than for DE, considering ER's unfortunate run of luck at Amsoil the past 5 years. ER beat Blaine 5-3 Thursday, but Jax Murray was pointless, which leads me to believe he still has some type of health issue, because when healthy he's the best finisher on their team. Now I differ with Karl in that having 2 D1 committed Senior D makes you the stronger team on the blue line, although I do think Lamaster & Paine are a strong pairing. This DE team lacks SENIOR stars, except perhaps Meirhoff, and that's a factor in these type of games and in sections. ER is a veteran team with Horn, Michelas & Murray all being seniors and a D1 committed soph in JP. So playing at home I'll give the edge to ER as long as their goalie (likely Meyers) has a strong game between the pipes.
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

alcloseshaver wrote:
kniven wrote:
I was a little concerned about East playing Superior last night, thinking the Hounds would be looking past that game. 8-1 East. Guess not. :)

Elks by 3.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

hockey59 wrote:
karl(east) wrote:

1. Goaltending

I think winning this game is crucial for ER, more so than for DE, considering ER's unfortunate run of luck at Amsoil the past 5 years. ER beat Blaine 5-3 Thursday, but Jax Murray was pointless, which leads me to believe he still has some type of health issue, because when healthy he's the best finisher on their team. Now I differ with Karl in that having 2 D1 committed Senior D makes you the stronger team on the blue line, although I do think Lamaster & Paine are a strong pairing. This DE team lacks SENIOR stars, except perhaps Meirhoff, and that's a factor in these type of games and in sections. ER is a veteran team with Horn, Michelas & Murray all being seniors and a D1 committed soph in JP. So playing at home I'll give the edge to ER as long as their goalie (likely Meyers) has a strong game between the pipes.
where does Karl give the edge on D to ER??
alcloseshaver

Post by alcloseshaver »

east hockey wrote:
alcloseshaver wrote:
kniven wrote: I think Elk River will take the Hounds in this one. Should be a packed house for this one. Coach Randolph will have Duluth East well prepared though.
I was a little concerned about East playing Superior last night, thinking the Hounds would be looking past that game. 8-1 East. Guess not. :)

Elks by 3.

Lee
when did soup town get so bad?