Strong Class recruited at Lakeville North

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Gotothenetman

Strong Class recruited at Lakeville North

Post by Gotothenetman »

From recent reports looks like the Lakeville North Staff has landed a strong recruiting class this year. Reports are close to 8 signees.

Here is the latest scouting report rankings. Looks like they landed just behind BC and ahead of the Gophers.

1 BC
2 Lakeville North
3 Gophers
4 St. Cloud
5 Wisconsin
6 Michigan
7 Denver
8 Omaha
9 Ohio State
10 BU

Funny thing is I thought recruiting was not allowed in High School? I guess North has different rules. Or their Coach does not care. What is the scholarship limited for a High School.? Well if you can't develop your own players I guess ho recruit them. I guess 3 days at the Excel in March will cause people to loose all integrity of high school sports., but the hot dogs are good there I admit.

Really sad that kids are being mislead and parents allow it. These high school years you will never get back cheated by some people that are above the rules, good sales people and unfortunately most times it does not work out and kids can't get those years back.

Really sad where is the MSHSL isnt this their job to try and protect this from happening.
Jeffy95

Re: Strong Class recruited at Lakeville North

Post by Jeffy95 »

Gotothenetman wrote:From recent reports looks like the Lakeville North Staff has landed a strong recruiting class this year. Reports are close to 8 signees.

Here is the latest scouting report rankings. Looks like they landed just behind BC and ahead of the Gophers.

1 BC
2 Lakeville North
3 Gophers
4 St. Cloud
5 Wisconsin
6 Michigan
7 Denver
8 Omaha
9 Ohio State
10 BU

Funny thing is I thought recruiting was not allowed in High School? I guess North has different rules. Or their Coach does not care. What is the scholarship limited for a High School.? Well if you can't develop your own players I guess ho recruit them. I guess 3 days at the Excel in March will cause people to loose all integrity of high school sports., but the hot dogs are good there I admit.

Really sad that kids are being mislead and parents allow it. These high school years you will never get back cheated by some people that are above the rules, good sales people and unfortunately most times it does not work out and kids can't get those years back.

Really sad where is the MSHSL isnt this their job to try and protect this from happening.
More likely Parents than active recruiting. Highly doubt Lakeville North coach or admin is recruiting players. Just the way parents are now. My kid is too good for this team, so we need to get him to that team. You see it up north here every year with Hermantown. Irony is that most research now shows that's it's much better long term in life for a student athlete to be a big fish in a small pond vs. just a middling kid somewhere else. Rank and confidence are the keys. Youth Athletics is always great until the Adults screw it up.
BP

Post by BP »

Who is transferring in?
OBOY

Post by OBOY »

BP wrote:Who is transferring in?
4 Rosemount 9th graders! And 4 others. Congratulations, to all those North kids that have paid Eigner $1000's over the years in his STP and private lessons only to have him recruit kids in... 100% Trent Eigner is recruiting.. Time to toughen up that section and not give the Lakeville teams free passes to state every year.. (I know Farmington had a nice group last year.).
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

OBOY wrote:
4 Rosemount 9th graders! And 4 others. Congratulations, to all those North kids that have paid Eigner $1000's over the years in his STP and private lessons only to have him recruit kids in... 100% Trent Eigner is recruiting.. Time to toughen up that section and not give the Lakeville teams free passes to state every year.. (I know Farmington had a nice group last year.).
Let's try it again....... Who is transferring in?
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

OBOY wrote:
Will be a very young team with 8 Freshman on Varsity, being the he recruited them and gave them a spot on Varsity already. :lol: :lol:

Sounds like upset parents that little Johnny wont have his shot at skating first line anymore.
observer

Post by observer »

Silly move. 9th graders are bantams.
Bluelightspecial-II

Post by Bluelightspecial-II »

observer wrote:Silly move. 9th graders are bantams.
They call it rebuilding. After their underachieving season last year, big moves needed to be made to secure his position moving forward! Wait a few more years and Sats's little guy will be around, that's when you'll see some major movement across the south metro.
dump and chase

Post by dump and chase »

Mr. Eigner has built a nice program at Lakeville, but with that being said I find it tough to deny there is recruiting going on when Eigner is at youth practices of other associations..

There seems to be a big "trend" of kids finding their way into his program. But I'm sure it's purely coincidence.. :roll:
Mavs

Post by Mavs »

dump and chase wrote:Mr. Eigner has built a nice program at Lakeville, but with that being said I find it tough to deny there is recruiting going on when Eigner is at youth practices of other associations..

There seems to be a big "trend" of kids finding their way into his program. But I'm sure it's purely coincidence.. :roll:
Hopkins Basketball?
Goldy Gopher

Post by Goldy Gopher »

dump and chase wrote:Mr. Eigner has built a nice program at Lakeville, but with that being said I find it tough to deny there is recruiting going on when Eigner is at youth practices of other associations..

Is it illegal to watch youth practices in other associations? Sounds like we've got a handful of Lakeville South parents that are just a tad bitter.
The U invented swagger.
dump and chase

Post by dump and chase »

South will represent 1AA in St. Paul this March.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

The draw would have nothing to do with all the recent D1 talent to come out of there, or the easy path to state...

The rules are to decide by 9th grade.... And it sounds like they're playing by the rules in place.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

North is dancing with the devil.......

All it takes is one disgruntled parent.....see Owatonna wrestling among others as an example.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

goldy313 wrote:North is dancing with the devil.......

All it takes is one disgruntled parent.....see Owatonna wrestling among others as an example.
They don't already have a disgruntled parent?
Bluelightspecial-II

Until Rosemount does something with their Coaching Staff, they will continue to be the Feeder Program for North.
blueblood

Recruiting

Post by blueblood »

Surprised to see that the defending National Champion Fighting Hawks from did not have a highly projected recruiting class. What's going on in NoDak land?

:shock:
Gotothenetman

Post by Gotothenetman »

Bluelightspecial-II wrote:Until Rosemount does something with their Coaching Staff, they will continue to be the Feeder Program for North.
Bluelight that is a interesting take. I have not heard anything about that. What are the issues? I have heard somethings on the girls side.

I would think a NHL draft pick and having a son in the NHL he. would have a pretty good idea on things.
Bluelightspecial-II

Gotothenetman wrote:
Bluelightspecial-II wrote:Until Rosemount does something with their Coaching Staff, they will continue to be the Feeder Program for North.
Bluelight that is a interesting take. I have not heard anything about that. What are the issues? I have heard somethings on the girls side.

I would think a NHL draft pick and having a son in the NHL he. would have a pretty good idea on things.
He may have been a draft pick, but his IQ kept him from playing college hockey, and he can only ride his sons success so long.
OBOY

Post by OBOY »

So, what you are saying is Eigner can not develop his own! Why else would he look to Rosemount as a feeder program if he was such a great coach? Problem is he went after the wrong players, some 2nd and 3rd liners at best. He also got the crazy' parents out of that great group of 9th graders in Rosemount. My bet is those Rosemount parents are happy they are gone..

Eigner inherited a couple great teams no doubt about it.. But, he has yet to develop anybody. Eigner only cares about himself and the money.. $700+ for 25 hours of STP ice and 40-50 Kids on the ice.. Oh ya, he evaluates youth tryouts so you better be at his STP.. Did North have any winning AA teams last year at the youth level? (Right not about winning at the youth level so let's just loose!) How about North having 4 D1 players on their team last year and Eigner couldn't get by Farmington. And they were diving all over the ice in the section final game. It was embarrassing..

The saddest thing is Eigner has 8 kids coming in this year. At The end of the day you have to feel bad for those 8 Life long North kids that will never have a chance to play HS Hockey now!
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

Farmington was the better team last year, they were bigger and stronger.....they had better goaltending.....they were deeper at defence...

I'm not an Eigner fan but LN lost to a better team and a team LN matched up very poorly with. That's life, not coaching.
OBOY

Post by OBOY »

goldy313 wrote:Farmington was the better team last year, they were bigger and stronger.....they had better goaltending.....they were deeper at defence...

I'm not an Eigner fan but LN lost to a better team and a team LN matched up very poorly with. That's life, not coaching.
No doubt Farminton was great team, not trying to deminish them by any means. But, 4 D1 players and he couldn't get a matchup he liked?

Also, talk about goaltending and recruiting how about that poor kid Eigner brought in from Northfield last year.. That poor kid picked up and left all his buddies. Eigner started him the first game of the year. After a shaky first start the poor kid might of started one more game. Eigner went to him and said, you will not be starting anymore games and the kid quit! (50% parents fault for allowing him to go to North.) This kids life will now be different from all his class reunions, to friendships and everything else.. Once again Eigner is about Eigner.. This senerio will happen to one of these Rosemount kids..

Let's not forget two weeks ago one of these Rosemount kids was denied open enrollment into North only to have that decision reversed the next day. All this less than two weeks ago..
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

Whole lotta angst, anxiety, and worry about what is supposed to be a kids game, eh ?

:wink:
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:Whole lotta angst, anxiety, and worry about what is supposed to be a kids game, eh ? :wink:
I think the prospect (hope?) of landing a college scholarship that can easily top $200,000 can make it a game for parents, too.
zamboniexhaustinhaler

Post by zamboniexhaustinhaler »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
zamboniexhaustinhaler wrote:Whole lotta angst, anxiety, and worry about what is supposed to be a kids game, eh ? :wink:
I think the prospect (hope?) of landing a college scholarship that can easily top $200,000 can make it a game for parents, too.
If you sincerely believe that, I have a bridge to sell ya too.

Not even addressing the fact, that who's the kid playing the game for then ?

Or your over $200k figure for that matter

<g>