State champs

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

computerguy

State champs

Post by computerguy »

So this years class A champs beat the class AA champs during the regular season. This should not happen!!!!
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

I know what you're getting at but big deal. It's one game. Anything can happen. Every year the top 2-3 teams in A could compete with the top 8-10 teams in AA.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

So this year a AA team that didn't make the tournament, beat the A champs.
rainier

Post by rainier »

mulefarm wrote:So this year a AA team that didn't make the tournament, beat the A champs.
Stop whining.
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn
dherman8

Post by dherman8 »

Seems to me that the A champs not only beat the AA champs but also shut out the AA third place team and had their only loss come to AA fifth place. You can rip Hermantown however you want, but you can't deny they had a great team.
rainier

Post by rainier »

dherman8 wrote:Seems to me that the A champs not only beat the AA champs but also shut out the AA third place team and had their only loss come to AA fifth place. You can rip Hermantown however you want, but you can't deny they had a great team.
Agreed, you can't deny they had a great team, but you can rip Hermantown however you want other wise.

It's great they were good enough to win the AA title, but the ego of their coach kept them from having a chance to prove it. He knew this team was going to be a juggernaut at least three years ago when the two move-ins arrived to supplement his already excellent team, so for him to not at least go AA for this season and next was a huge ego-driven mistake. He claims "we're not good enough every year", but they would have been this year and next, so apparently someone needs to inform him that opting up is only a two-year commitment, not a life sentence.

But I'm a whiner, so I'll just keep whining along with my fellow whiners Bruce Plante, Lou Nanne, Mike McGraw, and 95% of HS hockey fans. We know which school Plante was trying to clear the way for when he whined, but I wonder which schools Nanne and McGraw are trying to get to state with their whining? What's their hidden agenda? How dare they!
"You can't triple stamp a double stamp." -Harry Dunn
blueblood

Champs

Post by blueblood »

The team mulefarm is referring to also beat the AA champs and AA runner-up.

They had a good year too....🏅⚓️
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

rainier wrote: It's great they were good enough to win the AA title, but the ego of their coach kept them from having a chance to prove it. He knew this team was going to be a juggernaut at least three years ago when the two move-ins arrived to supplement his already excellent team,
Nope, impossible. As we private school backers are continually reminded every March, the public school kids have skated with each other since mites, often on the same lines, or so the myth goes. Apparently, hockey families never move once the oldest kid reaches the age of 5. I guess it's just those basketball families that move.

So there is no way that even one family moved in, much less two.