@COHSHockeyPod for 2/14/16 with Karl, Danny, and Tony

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

karl(east)

@COHSHockeyPod for 2/14/16 with Karl, Danny, and Tony

Post by karl(east) »

In this week's show, we discuss the YHH Player of the Year finalists, do our usual game recaps, give a history lesson on the days of the State Tourney back door, and talk about the first week of section play.

https://audioboom.com/boos/4183047-2-14 ... odcast?t=0
FadedRedLine

Post by FadedRedLine »

No offense but if you are going to comment on players or games can you at least make it seem like you watched the game? Maybe take notes and refer to them when commenting about players or games instead of whatever it is that you are doing now because you lose credibility when you are so far off of the facts.

Not talking about your opinions but your misrepresentation of the facts.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

FadedRedLine wrote:No offense but if you are going to comment on players or games can you at least make it seem like you watched the game? Maybe take notes and refer to them when commenting about players or games instead of whatever it is that you are doing now because you lose credibility when you are so far off of the facts.

Not talking about your opinions but your misrepresentation of the facts.
Um, care to enlighten us on which facts we're blowing? Kinda hard to respond when you don't give details.
BobCasey

Post by BobCasey »

Don't know what FRL is referring to. But I know that No. 23 for Edina did not take any penalties in the EP game, much less the five-minute major he was alleged on the podcast to have taken. (A double minor was assessed to another player on his line, during which EP scored one goal.) No. 23 really played well, with two assists to go with his game-winner. It was sort of too bad to have his nice game tarnished (even if ever so slightly) by the implication that he took a dumb major penalty that hurt his team.
imaloserbaby

Post by imaloserbaby »

Heimbold did not replace Gleekel at Forward during Wayzata game.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

Good show

Surprised Karl didn't have more comments on the Tonka East Game

The biggest crowd Metro section final will likely be Stillwater vs Hill, and that has potential to be a great close game if Lechner had his troops ready . Begley vs Benson, great goalie matchup
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

WestMetro wrote:Good show

Surprised Karl didn't have more comments on the Tonka East Game

The biggest crowd Metro section final will likely be Stillwater vs Hill, and that has potential to be a great close game if Lechner had his troops ready . Begley vs Benson, great goalie matchup
Not sure what else there was to say. When one team piles up the awful penalties and the game becomes a laugher in a hurry, that becomes the story line. I spilled out some thoughts over on the 7AA thread, too.

Apologies for any misstatements during the game recaps--we have scoresheets in front of us when we're doing this, but when we're moving quickly and trying to recall a lot of different games, we're bound to make a mistake or two. Obviously, we'll try to do better in the future. Though I'm not sure how much power this podcast has to "tarnish" anyone.
HSPuckFan

Post by HSPuckFan »

You boys need to quit pimping my Zephs.I honestly don't think they get past SPA.However if they do I still think Apollo should be seeded higher in St Paul,So a rematch with Breck on Semifinal Friday seems unlikely to me.
Go Zephyrs
green4

Post by green4 »

I'm not sure the Phillips at forward experiment is over just yet. If Johnson returns from injury you might see Phillips back at forward.
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

On the show I mentioned we were building a page for section semis and finals that would have provided our readers with a video highlight of every goal in those 48 games, within 30 minutes of the games completion.

We are sorry to report that the MSHSL has denied us access to the buildings...despite it specifically saying it is permissible in their media guidelines.

What makes even less sense is a kid with his iPhone can post a postgame fight to Twitter that is bad for the HS game, but we aren't allowed to give fans a capsule of every game in the state.

Our apologies, I was really excited to watch highlights from all the teams we've seen all year and go to 5-6 of the games to boot! The concept of this project is not dead, I hope to see it through for next year's sections.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

YHH - what are the words in the media guidelines you refer to, and what did their letter say?

Do you post hi lites from section 2 and 6 finals at Mariucci? They've been pretty tight on media also
YouthHockeyHub

Post by YouthHockeyHub »

To live stream a game, it costs money to the league. The fee to live stream is cost prohibitive for us.

Putting up "10:00 News" post-game highlights is permissible according their guidelines. Except when we asked each section Secretary, we were denied. They reasoned since we were an internet site, we would have the ability to show the entire game and not just the goals (of which no one would watch or pay to see). TV news is allowed in the building, but a web site.

Our goal was to provide a glimpse of every game in 2:00 or less, within 30 minutes of the completion of every game all over the state.

So you get home from the Duluth East game and you want to watch the goals from the Bemidji or BSM game...boom, we'd have it.
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

YHH-too bad, that would be a great product if you could pull it off!