8 AA

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

crw

Post by crw »

PageStats (thru Saturday games)

Bemidji
Moorhead
St Michael - Albertville
Brainerd
Roseau
Rogers
Buffalo

Follow the Puck
Bemidji
Moorhead
St Michael - Albertville
Rogers
Brainerd
Roseau
Buffalo

Section games remaining
1/28 Bemidji @ Roseau
1/30 St Michael - Albertville @ Bemidji
2/2 Bemidji @ Brainerd
2/4 Moorhead @ Buffalo
2/6 Buffalo @ St Michael - Albertville
2/11 St Michael - Albertville @ Rogers (games is scheduled for after proposed seeding meeting)
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

crw wrote:PageStats (thru Saturday games)

Bemidji
Moorhead
St Michael - Albertville
Brainerd
Roseau
Rogers
Buffalo

Follow the Puck
Bemidji
Moorhead
St Michael - Albertville
Rogers
Brainerd
Roseau
Buffalo

Section games remaining
1/28 Bemidji @ Roseau
1/30 St Michael - Albertville @ Bemidji
2/2 Bemidji @ Brainerd
2/4 Moorhead @ Buffalo
2/6 Buffalo @ St Michael - Albertville
2/11 St Michael - Albertville @ Rogers (games is scheduled for after proposed seeding meeting)
QRF
No. 9 Bemidji (105.6) 4-1-0 14-2-2
No. 17 Moorhead (94.3) 5-2-0 12-8-0
No. 22 St. Michael-Albertville (85.7) 12-5-2
No. 26 Rogers (80.3) 1-2-0 14-6-0
No. 31 Brainerd (75.9) 3-3-0 10-7-1
No. 42 Roseau (64.9) 1-4-1 10-9-1
No. 49 Buffalo (58.7) 0-2-1 7-9-2

Definites.
Bemidji #1, could slip to 2 with an upset in a section game but would probably have to lose twice.
Moorhead is #2, no one will take it away from them. Could be #1 if Bemidji falters, which is doubtful.

3 4 an 5 up in the air
but looks like StMA has #3 but not sure how the north teams will vote as they did tie and then lose to Roseau.
#4 toss up, probably Brainerd.
The big tell is how these three play against Bemidji.

6 is Rogers
7 is Buffalo
My_Kid_Loves_Hockey

Post by My_Kid_Loves_Hockey »

but looks like StMA has #3 but not sure how the north teams will vote as they did tie and then lose to Roseau.
STMA has only played Roseau 1X and tied.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

My_Kid_Loves_Hockey wrote:
STMA has only played Roseau 1X and tied.
Sorry, I was typing StMA and thinking Brainerd.
crw

Post by crw »

QRF as of 2/3/16

5 Bemidji (18-2-2)
19 Moorhead (13-9)
22 STMA (13-6-2)
26 Rogers(15-7)
33 Brainerd (12-9-1)
39 Buffalo (9-9-3)
48 Roseau (10-12-1)

Follow The Puck 2/3/16

3 Bemidji (18-2-2)
19 STMA (13-6-2)
23 Moorhead (13-9)
24 Rogers (15-7)
26 Brainerd (12-9-1)
42 Buffalo (9-9-3)
45 Roseau (10-12-1)

PageStats as of 1/30

*Does NOT have the following games included
Bemidji over Brainerd
Moorhead over EGF
TRF over Roseau

Bemidji
Moorhead
STMA
Brainerd
Roseau
Rogers
Buffalo

*Remaining games before section seedings
2/4 Moorhead @ Buffalo
2/6 Buffalo @ STMA

IMO

Believe Bemidji has locked up 1 seed and Moorhead should have 2 seed locked up.

STMA can solidify 3 seed with win over Buffalo, a loss could drop them.

Looks like Brainerd vs Rogers in 4/5 game just a matter of where but Roseau would like to have a say in this.

Buffalo could jump a few spots if they beat Moorhead and STMA..

*all depends how the votes go at seeding, but no matter what it looks like the road to the "X" goes thru Bemidji (well at a neutral site but you get the jest of it )
:roll:
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Don't quote followthepuck on seedings, any computer system would be better than him.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

I wish they'd put the 8AA semifinals back to back at the Sanford Center on a different day than 7AA has theirs.
crw

Post by crw »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:I wish they'd put the 8AA semifinals back to back at the Sanford Center on a different day than 7AA has theirs.
Being new to 8AA this year.. If we make it that far we wish they were in St. Cloud.. LOL

:D
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

crw wrote:
TheHockeyDJ wrote:I wish they'd put the 8AA semifinals back to back at the Sanford Center on a different day than 7AA has theirs.
Being new to 8AA this year.. If we make it that far we wish they were in St. Cloud.. LOL

Sanford Center = Manny's Steakhouse

National Hockey Center = microwaved gut bomb at Holiday Station
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Bemidji makes sense as far as distances for four teams.
But some would worry about home ice advantage. But Bemidji never (very seldom) plays at the Sanford Center.

If we get St Cloud and Alex and two more somewhere, it would be a nice northerly tourney at the Sanford Center.

EGF and TRF would be good.

Then fix 7AA. Come on Hermantown and Hibbing.
crw

Post by crw »

But some would worry about home ice advantage. But Bemidji never (very seldom) plays at the Sanford Center.

Starting to sound like the Duluth East people now...
:roll:

If none of the metro teams make it then that's where it probably should be.. I was thinking logistic wise (for our team, lol) not home ice wise. Semi Finals Games I believe will be played on Thursday (School Night) with the Finals on Saturday
silentbutdeadly3139

Post by silentbutdeadly3139 »

TheHockeyDJ wrote:
crw wrote:

Sanford Center = Manny's Steakhouse

National Hockey Center = microwaved gut bomb at Holiday Station
National Hockey Center = Vals

Vals > Manny's
GoldenBear69

Post by GoldenBear69 »

IMO

1 - Bemidji
2 - Moorhead
3 - Brainerd
4 - STMA
5 - Roseau
6 - Buffalo
7 - Rogers
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

Hey Elliot Sanford should be the permanent home of section 8AA semi and final games. get er done!

What works for the "easy" should apply to the beloved Lumberjacks if 8AA :P
crw

Post by crw »

IMO

1 - Bemidji
2 - Moorhead
3 - STMA
4 - Brainerd
5 - Rogers
6 - Roseau
7 - Buffalo
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

What has happened to Roseau?
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

mulefarm wrote:What has happened to Roseau?
Its just kind of a down year them. Not a whole lot of speed. Losing Helgeson definitely hurt. They're small enough town that losing even one good player is going to hurt a lot. Plus they started the year with their best D man hurt. There are going to be ebbs and flows with Roseau just like any small town. The good news is that in two or three years they should be very competitive. They have some very good youth teams coming up.
CoachRabbit

Post by CoachRabbit »

warriors41 wrote:
mulefarm wrote:What has happened to Roseau?
Its just kind of a down year them. Not a whole lot of speed. Losing Helgeson definitely hurt. They're small enough town that losing even one good player is going to hurt a lot. Plus they started the year with their best D man hurt. There are going to be ebbs and flows with Roseau just like any small town. The good news is that in two or three years they should be very competitive. They have some very good youth teams coming up.
That is good to hear. The Yon kid from 2 years ago was spectacular. Very fun to watch.
crw

Post by crw »

From different post "Seedings"

I hear that 8AA is done, e-mail method.

Bemidji
Moorhead
Brainerd
Roseau
STMA
Rogers or Buffalo is 6/7

crw wrote ;

If true, it sounds like the Northern Screw Job everyone always talks about is taking place!!
😨
Roseau isn't in a single ranking or QRF in the top 4 and STMA isn't below 3 in any rankings.
crw

Post by crw »

crw wrote:From different post "Seedings"

Bemidji
Moorhead
Brainerd
Roseau
STMA
Rogers or Buffalo is 6/7

crw wrote ;

If true, it sounds like the Northern Screw Job everyone always talks about is taking place!!
😨
Roseau isn't in a single ranking or QRF in the top 4 and STMA isn't below 3 in any rankings.
Not sure if this rumor is true but have heard it from multiple sources.
Section 8 guy

Post by Section 8 guy »

Bemidji
Moorhead
Brainerd
Roseau
STMA
Rogers or Buffalo is 6/7

crw wrote ;

😨
Moorhead and Roseau played in the Section chip for about 15 straight years. How could a "Northern Screw Job" even happen in that case?
crw

Post by crw »

Section 8 guy wrote:

Bemidji
Moorhead
Brainerd
Roseau
STMA
Rogers or Buffalo is 6/7

crw wrote ;

😨
Moorhead and Roseau played in the Section chip for about 15 straight years. How could a "Northern Screw Job" even happen in that case?
I believe the so called "Northern" thing is not pertaining to who played in what championship and for how long... It's that the northern coaches would band together to seed their teams higher to play QTR Final games at home to try and better the chances that a northern team has a better chance to come out of sections rather than a so called metro team.

This wouldn't even be a conversation if the MSHSL would correctly put teams in the right sections 😱
FadedRedLine

Post by FadedRedLine »

crw wrote:
Section 8 guy wrote:

Bemidji
Moorhead
Brainerd
Roseau
STMA
Rogers or Buffalo is 6/7

crw wrote ;

😨
I believe the so called "Northern" thing is not pertaining to who played in what championship and for how long... It's that the northern coaches would band together to seed their teams higher to play QTR Final games at home to try and better the chances that a northern team has a better chance to come out of sections rather than a so called metro team.

This wouldn't even be a conversation if the MSHSL would correctly put teams in the right sections 😱
On the bright side, I assume STMA is happy to be in 8AA instead of 7AA.
crw

Post by crw »

FadedRedLine wrote:
crw wrote:
Section 8 guy wrote: Moorhead and Roseau played in the Section chip for about 15 straight years. How could a "Northern Screw Job" even happen in that case?

I'm not falling for that trap question πŸ˜€

STMA has shown they can play up or down to their opponent many times this year, depends on which team shows up.

Just that the feeling was we would be playing home first round (based on schedule and Quality wins outweighing bad loss) compared to some other teams in section.. Didn't want to travel north twice in one week (if we won the first game) is all. Our kids almost prefer to play away because of our arena (as do parents to watch a game). It's the whole travel during work/school week thing.

No biggie, we don't control the votes and will just go where were told (hopefully here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)
FadedRedLine

Post by FadedRedLine »

crw wrote:
FadedRedLine wrote:
crw wrote: I believe the so called "Northern" thing is not pertaining to who played in what championship and for how long... It's that the northern coaches would band together to seed their teams higher to play QTR Final games at home to try and better the chances that a northern team has a better chance to come out of sections rather than a so called metro team.

I'm not falling for that trap question πŸ˜€

STMA has shown they can play up or down to their opponent many times this year, depends on which team shows up.

Just that the feeling was we would be playing home first round (based on schedule and Quality wins outweighing bad loss) compared to some other teams in section.. Didn't want to travel north twice in one week (if we won the first game) is all. Our kids almost prefer to play away because of our arena (as do parents to watch a game). It's the whole travel during work/school week thing.

No biggie, we don't control the votes and will just go where were told (hopefully here πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚)
Yep, I get it and totally agree. Wasn't really asking a question though, just a statement.