AA Rankings - Jan 17 2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

FadedRedLine

AA Rankings - Jan 17 2016

Post by FadedRedLine »

1. Benilde
2. Lakeville North
3. Eden Prairie
4. Minnetonka
5. Blaine
6. Holy Family
7. Bemidji
8. Stillwater
9. Elk River
10. Grand Rapids
WestMetro

Post by WestMetro »

FRL---are your rankings based on season to date, or how you think season will turn out by Mid February end of regular season?
FadedRedLine

Post by FadedRedLine »

WestMetro wrote:FRL---are your rankings based on season to date, or how you think season will turn out by Mid February end of regular season?
It is a hybrid by blending recent performance and season-to-date results.
Clarkkent

Post by Clarkkent »

Based on where you have Lakeville North, you loose immediate cred.
blueblood

AA rankings

Post by blueblood »

FRR must be a protégé of Sat81...
100percenteffort

Post by 100percenteffort »

Clarkkent wrote:Based on where you have Lakeville North, you loose immediate cred.
What makes you say that? They didn't lose to the number 1 team in the state and they are easily on of the deepest teams in the state. Centennial so far is the only team that has figured out the two trick pony in Blaine. Time will tell if FRR is as forward thinking as I think he is. BTW it is lose not loose.
WendyClark

Post by WendyClark »

Id put Burnsville over LN based on how both teams handled Farmington

Otherwise they are spot on
Clarkkent

Post by Clarkkent »

100percenteffort wrote:
Clarkkent wrote:Based on where you have Lakeville North, you loose immediate cred.
What makes you say that? They didn't lose to the number 1 team in the state and they are easily on of the deepest teams in the state. Centennial so far is the only team that has figured out the two trick pony in Blaine. Time will tell if FRR is as forward thinking as I think he is. BTW it is lose not loose.
Nice tie. But if the tie is that positive then the loses to Stillwater, Farmington...,Holy Family and Elk River need to be negative. To put teams you lost to below you doesn't make sense.
100percenteffort

Clarkkent wrote:
100percenteffort wrote:
Nice tie. But if the tie is that positive then the loses to Stillwater, Farmington...,Holy Family and Elk River need to be negative. To put teams you lost to below you doesn't make sense.
The losses to ER and HF are negative, but the losses to Farmtown and Stillwater were so early in the season that they shouldn't be weighted so heavy. LN totally outplayed SW and the tending was a little bit to be desired. It wouldn't even be a game if they played now. The Farmington loss will be decided this week if it was due to them being better or LN trying to get things figured out.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

100percenteffort wrote:
Clarkkent wrote:
100percenteffort wrote: What makes you say that? They didn't lose to the number 1 team in the state and they are easily on of the deepest teams in the state. Centennial so far is the only team that has figured out the two trick pony in Blaine. Time will tell if FRR is as forward thinking as I think he is. BTW it is lose not loose.
The losses to ER and HF are negative, but the losses to Farmtown and Stillwater were so early in the season that they shouldn't be weighted so heavy. LN totally outplayed SW and the tending was a little bit to be desired. It wouldn't even be a game if they played now. The Farmington loss will be decided this week if it was due to them being better or LN trying to get things figured out.

Anyone who was at the LN Farmington game will wholeheartedly agree that it was complete domination by north.

Farmington goalie stood on his head. North goalie (who has since quit) allowed 2 goals in beginning of 3rd that were routine saves for a pee wee.

North boys gonna put it on tigers Thursday night at Ames.

Of their 4 losses the (Farmington, SW, HF, ER) the only game that I can truly say there were outplayed in for majority of game, as much as I hate to say this was HF game. Had edquist stayed, there is zero doubt in my mind that this north team is undefeated at this point.

Let's See where things are at 45 days from now. EP and Blaine both look vulnerable and in no way is EP the "lock" to even get to St. Paul that most assumed with recent emergence of Tonka.

Someone's gonna beat benilde too...whether that happens in sections or in St. Paul remains to be seen. They will NOT go entire season end to end without a loss.
100percenteffort

Sats81 wrote:
100percenteffort wrote:
Clarkkent wrote: Nice tie. But if the tie is that positive then the loses to Stillwater, Farmington...,Holy Family and Elk River need to be negative. To put teams you lost to below you doesn't make sense.

Anyone who was at the LN Farmington game will wholeheartedly agree that it was complete domination by north.

Farmington goalie stood on his head. North goalie (who has since quit) allowed 2 goals in beginning of 3rd that were routine saves for a pee wee.

Of their 4 losses the (Farmington, SW, HF, ER) the only game that I can truly say there were outplayed in for majority of game, as much as I hate to say this was HF game. Had edquist stayed, there is zero doubt in my mind that this north team is undefeated at this point.

Let's See where things are at 45 days from now. EP and Blaine both look vulnerable and in no way is EP the "lock" to even get to St. Paul that most assumed with recent emergence of Tonka.

Someone's gonna beat benilde too...whether that happens in sections or in St. Paul remains to be seen. They will NOT go entire season end to end without a loss.
AMEN Brotha
Clarkkent

Post by Clarkkent »

Sats81 wrote:
100percenteffort wrote:
Clarkkent wrote: Nice tie. But if the tie is that positive then the loses to Stillwater, Farmington...,Holy Family and Elk River need to be negative. To put teams you lost to below you doesn't make sense.
The losses to ER and HF are negative, but the losses to Farmtown and Stillwater were so early in the season that they shouldn't be weighted so

heavy. LN totally outplayed SW and the tending was a little bit to be desired. It wouldn't even be a game if they played now. The Farmington loss will be decided this week if it was due to them being better or LN trying to get things figured out.

Of their 4 losses the (Farmington, SW, HF, ER) the only game that I can truly say there were outplayed in for majority of game, as much as I hate to say this was HF game. Had edquist stayed, there is zero doubt in my mind that
this north team is undefeated at this point.

Someone's gonna beat benilde too...whether that happens in sections or in St.

Paul remains to be seen. They will NOT go entire season end to end without a loss.
LN lost the game. News alert-Edquist is gone...Agree that someone will beat BSM.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Clarkkent wrote:
Sats81 wrote:
100percenteffort wrote: The losses to ER and HF are negative, but the losses to Farmtown and Stillwater were so early in the season that they shouldn't be weighted so

heavy. LN totally outplayed SW and the tending was a little bit to be desired. It wouldn't even be a game if they played now. The Farmington loss will be decided this week if it was due to them being better or LN trying to get things figured out.

Of their 4 losses the (Farmington, SW, HF, ER) the only game that I can truly say there were outplayed in for majority of game, as much as I hate to say this was HF game. Had edquist stayed, there is zero doubt in my mind that
this north team is undefeated at this point.

Someone's gonna beat benilde too...whether that happens in sections or in St.

Paul remains to be seen. They will NOT go entire season end to end without a loss.
LN lost the game. News alert-Edquist is gone...Agree that someone will beat BSM.
Thanks for the news Clark! Read my post all the way through, (with Clark Kent glasses on)
FadedRedLine

Post by FadedRedLine »

Per a comment on this thread, I am just a casual HS hockey fan and not an apologist for LVN, Sats or anyone else out there.

My take on LVN is that they have improved and won their last 6 games by scoring 6.8 goals per game and in HS hockey that is impressive regardless of the AA opponent they are going up against.

I would also say certain people seem insecure about the thought that BSM may not lose a game. I don't recall Pauly or anyone from that team pounding their chest Besides, having a team that has not lost yet makes the season more interesting just as LVN did last year.

To go a little deeper, of my top 5, I think the play level from the games I have seen I would say:

LVN trending up
Tonka trending up
EP flat
Blaine trending down
BSM trending down
Last edited by FadedRedLine on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

FadedRedLine wrote:Per a comment on this thread, I am just a casual HS hockey fan and not an apologist for LVN, Sats or anyone else out there.

My take on LVN is that they have improved and won their last 6 games by scoring 6.8 goals per game and in HS hockey that is impressive regardless of the AA opponent they are going up against.

I would also say certain people seem insecure about the thought that BSM may not lose a game. I don't recall Pauly or anyone from that team pounding their chest or wearing practice jerseys saying they will go undefeated (aka LVN last year). Besides, having a team that has not lost yet makes the season more interesting just as LVN did last year.

To go a little deeper, of my top 5, I think the play level from the games I have seen I would say:

LVN trending up
Tonka trending up
EP flat
Blaine trending down
BSM trending down
????
FadedRedLine

Post by FadedRedLine »

Sats81 wrote:
FadedRedLine wrote:Per a comment on this thread, I am just a casual HS hockey fan and not an apologist for LVN, Sats or anyone else out there.

I would also say certain people seem insecure about the thought that BSM may not lose a game. I don't recall Pauly or anyone from that team pounding their chest or wearing practice jerseys saying they will go undefeated (aka LVN last year). Besides, having a team that has not lost yet makes the season more interesting just as LVN did last year.

LVN trending up
Tonka trending up
EP flat
Blaine trending down
BSM trending down
????
Could not find the video or picture that I recalled seeing so I deleted that comment about the practice jerseys - I could be mistaken.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

FadedRedLine wrote:
Sats81 wrote:

LVN trending up
Tonka trending up
EP flat
Blaine trending down
BSM trending down
????
Could not find the video or picture that I recalled seeing so I deleted that comment about the practice jerseys - I could be mistaken.
T shirts AFTER the season that said "31-0, finished business"

Practice jerseys during season that said "unfinished business"
gopherman23

Post by gopherman23 »

I would also say certain people seem insecure about the thought that BSM may not lose a game. I don't recall Pauly or anyone from that team pounding their chest Besides, having a team that has not lost yet makes the season more interesting just as LVN did last year.

LVN trending up
Tonka trending up
EP flat
Blaine trending down
BSM trending down
Blaine may have lost to Centennial, but they bounced back and beat a top 10 team in Elk River.
boblee

Re: AA Rankings - Jan 17 2016

Post by boblee »

FadedRedLine wrote:1. Benilde
2. Lakeville North
3. Eden Prairie
4. Minnetonka
5. Blaine
6. Holy Family
7. Bemidji
8. Stillwater
9. Elk River
10. Grand Rapids
Some things never change. I love when a poster jumps onto the board and spews a ranking with absolutely no backing. Not that it's a bad top 10. It's just sitting there to be whipped.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

boblee wrote:
2. Lakeville North
3. Eden Prairie
4. Minnetonka
5. Blaine
6. Holy Family
7. Bemidji
8. Stillwater
9. Elk River
10. Grand Rapids
Some things never change. I love when a poster jumps onto the board and spews a ranking with absolutely no backing. Not that it's a bad top 10. It's just sitting there to be whipped.
Do you disagree with where Rapids sits on his rankings?
boblee

Post by boblee »

Sats81 wrote:
boblee wrote:
2. Lakeville North
3. Eden Prairie
4. Minnetonka
5. Blaine
6. Holy Family
7. Bemidji
8. Stillwater
9. Elk River
10. Grand Rapids
Do you disagree with where Rapids sits on his rankings?
Yeah. I said the ranking is fine.