Section 3A : 2015-2016

The Latest 400 or so Topics

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

ldcfan

3A

Post by ldcfan »

Well here is a biased look at 3A from an LDC stand point. This class of Seniors easily beat all the 3A teams in their 2nd year of bantams with the exception of three 2-4 losses to Hutch with one of those losses in Regions. Now to compare apples to apples, Luverne didn't have Smedrud since Smeds played Varsity that year. LDC didn't have Haugo who played Varsity. We did tie Luverne the first game without top forward Raisanen but with Raiso we shutout Luverne 4-0 the next meeting. The junior class also did very well against 3A teams their 2nd year of bantams splitting with Luverne. Apples to Apples, Luverne didn't have Smeds nor Nelson; LDC didn't have Benson. What about the Sophmores you might ask? I know Beers from Peewees. He scored 10 points (5 goals & 5 assists) against us first game. Nothing against our goalie but he was a "C" goalie at best. 2nd game that year we shadowed Beers and held him to 1 power play goal and eventually he was benched :). Good player though. Luverne also looks to have a pretty good player in Kruse. LDC has Grangroth. In summary, I look to a good match up between Luverne & LDC..... Hutch remains to be seen but it will be one of these three to go to State from 3A.
notTONIGHT

Re: 3A

Post by notTONIGHT »

ldcfan wrote:Well here is a biased look at 3A from an LDC stand point. This class of Seniors easily beat all the 3A teams in their 2nd year of bantams with the exception of three 2-4 losses to Hutch with one of those losses in Regions. Now to compare apples to apples, Luverne didn't have Smedrud since Smeds played Varsity that year. LDC didn't have Haugo who played Varsity. We did tie Luverne the first game without top forward Raisanen but with Raiso we shutout Luverne 4-0 the next meeting. The junior class also did very well against 3A teams their 2nd year of bantams splitting with Luverne. Apples to Apples, Luverne didn't have Smeds nor Nelson; LDC didn't have Benson. What about the Sophmores you might ask? I know Beers from Peewees. He scored 10 points (5 goals & 5 assists) against us first game. Nothing against our goalie but he was a "C" goalie at best. 2nd game that year we shadowed Beers and held him to 1 power play goal and eventually he was benched :). Good player though. Luverne also looks to have a pretty good player in Kruse. LDC has Grangroth. In summary, I look to a good match up between Luverne & LDC..... Hutch remains to be seen but it will be one of these three to go to State from 3A.

To sum this up.... in a bantam game 4 years ago... LDC beat Luverne 4-0 when Luverne didnt have their top 6 forwards, starting goaltender, and 2 defensemen......

I see what you're trying to do here...
Last edited by notTONIGHT on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Nothing better than to have the foot on the throttle the whole night!

Finally some coaching!

Tiger rolled!
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Whiner33 wrote:Nothing better than to have the foot on the throttle the whole night!

Finally some coaching!

Tiger rolled!
Ol buck owens!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGYE77y4qY4
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
ldcfan wrote:Well here is a biased look at 3A from an LDC stand point. This class of Seniors easily beat all the 3A teams in their 2nd year of bantams with the exception of three 2-4 losses to Hutch with one of those losses in Regions. Now to compare apples to apples, Luverne didn't have Smedrud since Smeds played Varsity that year. LDC didn't have Haugo who played Varsity. We did tie Luverne the first game without top forward Raisanen but with Raiso we shutout Luverne 4-0 the next meeting. The junior class also did very well against 3A teams their 2nd year of bantams splitting with Luverne. Apples to Apples, Luverne didn't have Smeds nor Nelson; LDC didn't have Benson. What about the Sophmores you might ask? I know Beers from Peewees. He scored 10 points (5 goals & 5 assists) against us first game. Nothing against our goalie but he was a "C" goalie at best. 2nd game that year we shadowed Beers and held him to 1 power play goal and eventually he was benched :). Good player though. Luverne also looks to have a pretty good player in Kruse. LDC has Grangroth. In summary, I look to a good match up between Luverne & LDC..... Hutch remains to be seen but it will be one of these three to go to State from 3A.

To sum this up.... in a bantam game 4 years ago... LDC beat Luverne 4-0 when Luverne didnt have their top 6 forwards, starting goaltender, and 2 defensemen......

Been flaskied before??
Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts »

Look no further than how the Luverne stars performed in the 'Elite' league. Put them against better competition and they don't put up 9 points over the course of a 20 game season. eye roll :roll: cards :roll: roll
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Look no further than how the Luverne stars performed in the 'Elite' league. Put them against better competition and they don't put up 9 points over the course of a 20 game season. eye roll :roll: cards :roll: roll
6 points on 4 goals against SPA isn't terrible. You watch much elite league nutbolt?
ldcfan

Post by ldcfan »

Whiner33 wrote:
notTONIGHT wrote:

Been flaskied before??
You can't come up with 6 top forwards.. you have Nelson, Smedsrud, Beers & Kruse. Also, I see you like to keep your top lines in the whole game.... LDC pulls their top two lines after two periods when demolishing a team. I know your players and our top 3 beat out Smedrud & Nelson. ... And I know our top sophy beats Beers... I just don't know about Kruse (well kinda but haven't seen him play) by the way don't forget you lost to New Ulm twice last year... It will come down to coaching in this one...
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Nuts&Bolts wrote:Look no further than how the Luverne stars performed in the 'Elite' league. Put them against better competition and they don't put up 9 points over the course of a 20 game season. eye roll :roll: cards :roll: roll
Hope the bolts didn't fall off the bus on your trip back to Marshall?
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

Whiner33 wrote:
Image[/img]
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
Whiner33 wrote:
Image[/img]
Those some Buckets for his bolts?
pats12

Post by pats12 »

So what you are saying is LDC has beat Luverne in bantams minus smedsrud, nelson, harder, kruse, berends and erickson? Sounds like a solid resume. The only problem is that you put beers with the first 5 mentioned and those kids are going to be playing 90% of the game. :shock:
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

Sounds like LDC is trying to punch their ticket in December? :roll: :roll: :roll:
pats12

Post by pats12 »

Funny that Nelson Had 9 Pts tonight, were you there by chance? How many of your guys played in the elite league? 0? That's what I figured!
ldcfan

Post by ldcfan »

pats12 wrote:
So what you are saying is LDC has beat Luverne in bantams minus smedsrud, nelson, harder, kruse, berends and erickson? Sounds like a solid resume. The only problem is that you put beers with the first 5 mentioned and those kids are going to be playing 90% of the game. :shock:
just saying it should be a good match up.....
ldcfan

Post by ldcfan »

pats12 wrote:
Funny that Nelson Had 9 Pts tonight, were you there by chance? How many of your guys played in the elite league? 0? That's what I figured!
Better look again (team NW - Pedersen - made the final tournament also) ..... and he outplayed both of yours. (David Raisanen was asked to try out but couldn't but he would have made it and made an impact.. David is 6' 5" and has it all. I'd pick David over Nelson) We had another at the Elite Prep development that led his team in scoring. And yet another at the 102 national camp.... better do your research.... Re: Nelson having 9 points, he played all 3 periods.. give me a break.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

ldcfan wrote:
pats12 wrote:
Better look again (team NW - Pedersen - made the final tournament also) ..... and he outplayed both of yours. (David Raisanen was asked to try out but couldn't but he would have made it and made an impact.. David is 6' 5" and has it all. I'd pick David over Nelson) We had another at the Elite Prep development that led his team in scoring. And yet another at the 102 national camp.... better do your research.... Re: Nelson having 9 points, he played all 3 periods.. give me a break.
I agree you need a break.....

pats12

Post by pats12 »

notTONIGHT wrote:
ldcfan wrote:
pats12 wrote: Funny that Nelson Had 9 Pts tonight, were you there by chance? How many of your guys played in the elite league? 0? That's what I figured!
I agree you need a break.....

I thought Luverne had a chance, but with LDC's 4 D1 players I've changed my mind.
BP

Post by BP »

pats12 wrote:

No horse in the race, but the league had JV guys in there. So let's not let the Elite League be the berometer of a great player.
InYourFace09

Post by InYourFace09 »

ldcfan wrote:
pats12 wrote:
Looks like LDC just went to the top of Section 3A, Luverne is now the darkhorse!! :lol:
Whiner33

Post by Whiner33 »

ldcfan wrote:
pats12 wrote:
Before you start tossing things around to much you might want to watch over your shoulder because you might have some severe whiplash on the 29th of December....
SouthernMinnFan

Post by SouthernMinnFan »

I was at this game, I was somewhat excited to see Marshall play, and knew Luverne would give them all they can handle. First off, Marshall is awful. Sorry Marshall fans, just bad. Luverne has some elite talent. The issue I have is, outside of this forum, does anyone care at all that some of these kids scored a bunch of points against no one. You might as well keep stats of how many goals they score playing shinny in the winter as well. And to ldc fan. Just stop. When you actually beat someone that matters you can bring up ldc being a contender, but Luverne is the best team in the south this year. What that means, probably nothing. Luverne won't be seeded headed into state, and playing Hermantown or Breck out of the gate should be interesting.
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

InYourFace09 wrote:
ldcfan wrote:
pats12 wrote: Funny that Nelson Had 9 Pts tonight, were you there by chance? How many of your guys played in the elite league? 0? That's what I figured!
Looks like LDC just went to the top of Section 3A, Luverne is now the darkhorse!! :lol:
1 Litch
2 Hutch
3 New Ulm
4 Luverne
5 Marshall

1 good QF game and then the show down between L & H for sections, sounds right to me.
ldcfan

Post by ldcfan »

SouthernMinnFan wrote:I was at this game, I was somewhat excited to see Marshall play, and knew Luverne would give them all they can handle. First off, Marshall is awful. Sorry Marshall fans, just bad. Luverne has some elite talent. The issue I have is, outside of this forum, does anyone care at all that some of these kids scored a bunch of points against no one. You might as well keep stats of how many goals they score playing shinny in the winter as well. And to ldc fan. Just stop. When you actually beat someone that matters you can bring up ldc being a contender, but Luverne is the best team in the south this year. What that means, probably nothing. Luverne won't be seeded headed into state, and playing Hermantown or Breck out of the gate should be interesting.
I couldn't agree more about the points thing. We just beat a couple of pretty bad teams and the points mean nothing and our team & coaches know that. I'm just saying LDC should be a contender. I didn't say we were going to beat Luverne. I said it should be a good match and explained why... just my opinion.
notTONIGHT

Post by notTONIGHT »

ldcfan wrote:
SouthernMinnFan wrote:I was at this game, I was somewhat excited to see Marshall play, and knew Luverne would give them all they can handle. First off, Marshall is awful. Sorry Marshall fans, just bad. Luverne has some elite talent. The issue I have is, outside of this forum, does anyone care at all that some of these kids scored a bunch of points against no one. You might as well keep stats of how many goals they score playing shinny in the winter as well. And to ldc fan. Just stop. When you actually beat someone that matters you can bring up ldc being a contender, but Luverne is the best team in the south this year. What that means, probably nothing. Luverne won't be seeded headed into state, and playing Hermantown or Breck out of the gate should be interesting.
I couldn't agree more about the points thing. We just beat a couple of pretty bad teams and the points mean nothing and our team & coaches know that. I'm just saying LDC should be a contender. I didn't say we were going to beat Luverne. I said it should be a good match and explained why... just my opinion.

This is good for the forum. But, I didnt really hear any good points, just a history lesson on games from many years ago with different personnel.

To echo the previous posters, I guess we will see how noisy you are 4 weeks from today.